My mom, sister, and I will be visiting Rome for the first time this August. My mom just turned 60 -- this trip is for her -- and has some mobility issues, so the smoother the trip goes, the better (though there's no preparing for everything!).
We look forward to visiting all the sites Rome is famous for, and I'm hoping you could give me tips on when to go, where to buy tickets... all tidbits of information welcome! Our itinerary includes:
St. Mary of Peace
We're planning to stay in the Campo dei Fiori area, so most of these places should be within walking distance.
Many thanks for your help and expertise! I really do appreciate your feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Water Shortage
- 2 Train travel to and from Paris
- 3 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 4 The DCC scam is spreading
- 5 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 6 Getting around London
- 7 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 8 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 9 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 10 Paris in August
- 11 Christmas in Spain
- 12 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 13 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 14 Vigo Spain????
- 15 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 16 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 17 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 18 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 19 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 20 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 21 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 22 Andalucia Spain
- 23 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 24 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 25 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!