My mom, sister, and I will be visiting Rome for the first time this August. My mom just turned 60 -- this trip is for her -- and has some mobility issues, so the smoother the trip goes, the better (though there's no preparing for everything!).
We look forward to visiting all the sites Rome is famous for, and I'm hoping you could give me tips on when to go, where to buy tickets... all tidbits of information welcome! Our itinerary includes:
St. Mary of Peace
We're planning to stay in the Campo dei Fiori area, so most of these places should be within walking distance.
Many thanks for your help and expertise! I really do appreciate your feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Sebastian
- 2 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 3 Planning a European Trip
- 4 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 5 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 6 Lisbon trip report
- 7 restaurants in Marais district
- 8 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 9 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 10 Any Lisbon or Porto trip reports?
- 11 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 12 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 13 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 14 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 15 Ireland travel passport question
- 16 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 17 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 18 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 19 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 20 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 21 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 22 Norway Itinerary
- 23 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 24 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 25 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)