We will be picking up our rental car at FCO the morning of Tuesday, 5 April. We would like to visit Villa d'Este en route to Paestum (yes, I know it isn't on the way!, but we have two sons under age 5 and need to get their energy out before the 3+ hour drive to Campania - and the royal palace at Caserta, which would be on the way, is closed on Tuesdays).
Any tips for where to park? We have visited Villa Adriana in Tivoli several years ago when our oldest was a baby, but we took a taxi and I did not pay much attention to how well signposted the town was. I'd appreciate any and all info on navigating the city, locating parking, etc.
P.S. To my many Fodorite friends of more than a decade... I know I've been quiet on these boards for quite some time. If you'd like to know what we have been up to, here is a link to an essay I published about our oldest son and our journey with him. He is my daily, living proof that miracles can happen with hard work. https://www.autismspeaks.org/blog/2015/11/09/ties-bind-letter-my-son-autism-his-birthday
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 2 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 3 Trip suggestion
- 4 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 5 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 6 Another tipping question: concierges
- 7 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 8 Back from Paris
- 9 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 10 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 11 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 12 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 13 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 14 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 15 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 16 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 17 International Flight Question
- 18 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 19 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 20 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 21 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 22 Luggage Storage
- 23 LIsbon
- 24 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 25 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
Tips for Villa d'Este (Tivoli) via car? (and an overdue update from TA)