We will be picking up our rental car at FCO the morning of Tuesday, 5 April. We would like to visit Villa d'Este en route to Paestum (yes, I know it isn't on the way!, but we have two sons under age 5 and need to get their energy out before the 3+ hour drive to Campania - and the royal palace at Caserta, which would be on the way, is closed on Tuesdays).
Any tips for where to park? We have visited Villa Adriana in Tivoli several years ago when our oldest was a baby, but we took a taxi and I did not pay much attention to how well signposted the town was. I'd appreciate any and all info on navigating the city, locating parking, etc.
P.S. To my many Fodorite friends of more than a decade... I know I've been quiet on these boards for quite some time. If you'd like to know what we have been up to, here is a link to an essay I published about our oldest son and our journey with him. He is my daily, living proof that miracles can happen with hard work. https://www.autismspeaks.org/blog/2015/11/09/ties-bind-letter-my-son-autism-his-birthday
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 2 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 4 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 5 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 6 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 7 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 8 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 9 Bordeaux to Nice
- 10 Greek Village
- 11 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 12 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 13 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 14 Uber vs. TfL
- 15 Berlin
- 16 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 17 A Trip Report: Springtime in Italy - May 9 to June 2, 2011
- 18 Germany or Sweden
- 19 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 20 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 21 Two days in Rome
- 22 We didn't love Florence the way we thought we might
- 23 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 24 PARIS
- 25 One free day in Barcelona
Tips for Villa d'Este (Tivoli) via car? (and an overdue update from TA)