We will be picking up our rental car at FCO the morning of Tuesday, 5 April. We would like to visit Villa d'Este en route to Paestum (yes, I know it isn't on the way!, but we have two sons under age 5 and need to get their energy out before the 3+ hour drive to Campania - and the royal palace at Caserta, which would be on the way, is closed on Tuesdays).
Any tips for where to park? We have visited Villa Adriana in Tivoli several years ago when our oldest was a baby, but we took a taxi and I did not pay much attention to how well signposted the town was. I'd appreciate any and all info on navigating the city, locating parking, etc.
P.S. To my many Fodorite friends of more than a decade... I know I've been quiet on these boards for quite some time. If you'd like to know what we have been up to, here is a link to an essay I published about our oldest son and our journey with him. He is my daily, living proof that miracles can happen with hard work. https://www.autismspeaks.org/blog/2015/11/09/ties-bind-letter-my-son-autism-his-birthday
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 2 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 3 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 4 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 5 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 6 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 7 Andalucia Spain
- 8 Going to Paris for one day
- 9 Valencia Spain
- 10 Rome Water Shortage
- 11 Europe for Beginners
- 12 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 13 Getting around London
- 14 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 15 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 16 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 17 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 18 WWI sites
- 19 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 20 Visiting Zurich
- 21 Lake Como,Italy
- 22 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 23 Paris to Bordeaux
- 24 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 25 13 nights in switzerland
Tips for Villa d'Este (Tivoli) via car? (and an overdue update from TA)