My mom and I will be in Siena for 3-4 days for the Palio. We have a hotel about a block off the campo. I've read the more recent Palio posts but was wondering if anyone had any specific suggestions about the most fun way to experience it. We probably won't spring for the grandstand seats and really don't care if we can't see the race itself. We're more interested in the atmosphere and I'm sure we'll be able to catch one of the trials. We definitely want to see the parade, the blessing of the horses and do one of the neighborhood dinners. Would love to hear about your favorite vantage points, restaurant, contrade or any other tips learned from experience!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 May get together in Paris
- 2 Nafplio to Hydra
- 3 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 4 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 5 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 6 Self drive tour companies
- 7 info Faro & Algarve
- 8 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 9 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 10 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 11 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 12 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 13 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 14 Italian lakes
- 15 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 16 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 17 Spain and South of France
- 18 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 19 renting car with automatic transmission
- 20 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 21 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 22 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 23 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 24 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 25 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....