My mom and I will be in Siena for 3-4 days for the Palio. We have a hotel about a block off the campo. I've read the more recent Palio posts but was wondering if anyone had any specific suggestions about the most fun way to experience it. We probably won't spring for the grandstand seats and really don't care if we can't see the race itself. We're more interested in the atmosphere and I'm sure we'll be able to catch one of the trials. We definitely want to see the parade, the blessing of the horses and do one of the neighborhood dinners. Would love to hear about your favorite vantage points, restaurant, contrade or any other tips learned from experience!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 2 Switzerland
- 3 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 4 If you had to choose one......
- 5 Where to buy Saffron?
- 6 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 7 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 8 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 9 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 10 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 11 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 12 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 13 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 14 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 15 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 16 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 17 English Countryside
- 18 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 19 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 20 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 21 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 22 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 23 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 24 When to Visit Scotland
- 25 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia