Hoping for a bit of advice on a trip to the French riviera. My wife and I are spending two weeks Côte d'Azur and Provence in July. We were looking at having 3 nights in Eze probably at Chateuau Chèvre D'or or Chateau Eze;
1. Has anyone stayed there? Would be interested to hear views on the trek up and down to Eze sur mer
2. Does it work as a decent base location for exploring eastern French riviera without a car?
3. Any idea how many taxis cost as we wouldn't have a car that week? E.g Eze > Monaco Do Uber run taxis around there?
4. Are there any other ways to get down from Eze to Eze sur mer easily? I've seen buses aren't very regular. Happy to walk down to get to the train station for day trips but if going out for dinner, would rather not be walking down.
Any advice appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 2 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 3 Barcelona - places to stay
- 4 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 5 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 6 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 7 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 8 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 9 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 10 Christmas Markets 2017
- 11 Language to use in Belgium
- 12 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 13 Istanbul at Easter
- 14 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 15 Palermo Apartment
- 16 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 17 SURPRISE TRIP
- 18 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 19 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 20 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 21 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 22 Fado in Lisbon
- 23 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 24 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 25 Help with Italy Itinerary