We're hoping to add 3 nights in Chamonix to our trip this summer. We'd appreciate any tips, suggestions, websites, info about weather expectations, help narrowing down the activities and the many housing/hotel choices, etc---really anything you can share about Chamonix in June.
We're thinking we'll leave Beaune and drive to Chamonix...Google maps says it is about a 3-3.5 hour drive. If we stay 3 nights (the max we can stay given the rest of our itinerary) this gives us 2 full days of activity after our first arrival night.
Aside from just being right there at the base of the spectacular Mont Blanc, we hope we can do some easy hikes (kids are 12 and 9), my husband wants to take the tram to higher altitude... Any other must-do's or must see's?
We won't have enough days there to get an apartment... But I'd like to find a hotel with adjoining rooms or a quad family room.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 2 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 3 Switzerland in November?
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 6 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 7 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 8 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 9 Places of interest
- 10 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 11 A Month stay in Southern France
- 12 vienna
- 13 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 14 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 15 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 16 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 17 Ireland travel passport question
- 18 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 19 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 20 Oxford England Accommodations
- 21 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 22 Croatia transportation question.
- 23 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 24 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 25 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but