We're hoping to add 3 nights in Chamonix to our trip this summer. We'd appreciate any tips, suggestions, websites, info about weather expectations, help narrowing down the activities and the many housing/hotel choices, etc---really anything you can share about Chamonix in June.
We're thinking we'll leave Beaune and drive to Chamonix...Google maps says it is about a 3-3.5 hour drive. If we stay 3 nights (the max we can stay given the rest of our itinerary) this gives us 2 full days of activity after our first arrival night.
Aside from just being right there at the base of the spectacular Mont Blanc, we hope we can do some easy hikes (kids are 12 and 9), my husband wants to take the tram to higher altitude... Any other must-do's or must see's?
We won't have enough days there to get an apartment... But I'd like to find a hotel with adjoining rooms or a quad family room.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 2 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 3 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 4 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 5 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 6 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 7 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 8 Canal du Midi
- 9 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 12 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 13 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 14 Perugia
- 15 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 16 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 17 Praiano
- 18 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 19 Self drive tour companies
- 20 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 21 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 22 St Denis Cathedral
- 23 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 24 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 25 No Periods in British Written English!