We're hoping to add 3 nights in Chamonix to our trip this summer. We'd appreciate any tips, suggestions, websites, info about weather expectations, help narrowing down the activities and the many housing/hotel choices, etc---really anything you can share about Chamonix in June.
We're thinking we'll leave Beaune and drive to Chamonix...Google maps says it is about a 3-3.5 hour drive. If we stay 3 nights (the max we can stay given the rest of our itinerary) this gives us 2 full days of activity after our first arrival night.
Aside from just being right there at the base of the spectacular Mont Blanc, we hope we can do some easy hikes (kids are 12 and 9), my husband wants to take the tram to higher altitude... Any other must-do's or must see's?
We won't have enough days there to get an apartment... But I'd like to find a hotel with adjoining rooms or a quad family room.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://nutritionless.com/metabo-pure/
- 2 3nights in Venice
- 3 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 4 Paris in November
- 5 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 6 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 7 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 8 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 9 Munich itinerary review
- 10 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 11 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 12 Football Tickets - Athens
- 13 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 14 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 15 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 16 Last minute trip to Capri
- 17 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 18 Earthquake near Naples
- 19 Budapest to Kosice
- 20 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 21 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 22 My 3 days in Venice
- 23 multi city flights to europe
- 24 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 25 Travel from Kensington, London to Cambridge