We're hoping to add 3 nights in Chamonix to our trip this summer. We'd appreciate any tips, suggestions, websites, info about weather expectations, help narrowing down the activities and the many housing/hotel choices, etc---really anything you can share about Chamonix in June.
We're thinking we'll leave Beaune and drive to Chamonix...Google maps says it is about a 3-3.5 hour drive. If we stay 3 nights (the max we can stay given the rest of our itinerary) this gives us 2 full days of activity after our first arrival night.
Aside from just being right there at the base of the spectacular Mont Blanc, we hope we can do some easy hikes (kids are 12 and 9), my husband wants to take the tram to higher altitude... Any other must-do's or must see's?
We won't have enough days there to get an apartment... But I'd like to find a hotel with adjoining rooms or a quad family room.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 2 Brugge hotel help
- 3 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 4 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 5 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 6 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 7 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 8 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 9 Another tipping question: concierges
- 10 Trip suggestion
- 11 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 12 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 13 Back from Paris
- 14 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 15 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 16 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 17 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 18 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 19 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 20 International Flight Question
- 21 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 22 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 23 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 24 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 25 Luggage Storage