We're hoping to add 3 nights in Chamonix to our trip this summer. We'd appreciate any tips, suggestions, websites, info about weather expectations, help narrowing down the activities and the many housing/hotel choices, etc---really anything you can share about Chamonix in June.
We're thinking we'll leave Beaune and drive to Chamonix...Google maps says it is about a 3-3.5 hour drive. If we stay 3 nights (the max we can stay given the rest of our itinerary) this gives us 2 full days of activity after our first arrival night.
Aside from just being right there at the base of the spectacular Mont Blanc, we hope we can do some easy hikes (kids are 12 and 9), my husband wants to take the tram to higher altitude... Any other must-do's or must see's?
We won't have enough days there to get an apartment... But I'd like to find a hotel with adjoining rooms or a quad family room.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 U>S.A :Tec*h SUPP0RT AOL MAIL CONTACT 1:800:385:4895 AOL MAIL
- 2 Paris and Normandy
- 3 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 4 2-3 week Europe itinerary - help!
- 5 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 6 Does Paris ruin you for life?
- 7 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 8 London and Normandy
- 9 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 10 Last night in Barcelona - where to stay
- 11 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 12 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 13 Switzerland - Matterhorm and Golden Pass advice
- 14 Could you recommend a city tour in Reykjavík?
- 15 rent muscle car in Norway
- 16 Athens tour guide advice
- 17 Athens International Airport customs and baggage reclaim
- 18 mystras or nemea
- 19 Venice gondola ride
- 20 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 21 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 22 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 23 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 24 How do I private message a person?
- 25 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July