We're looking for some advice on a trip we are hoping to take in the summer of 2013 (yes, our date is quite distant, but we want to be extremely prepared for this trip). We are currently two 16-year-old Canadian girls living in Toronto. We will both be 17 by summer 2013. We are planning to fly into either Rome or Madrid, and travel along the Mediterranean coastline in Spain, France and Italy for 3 weeks. We would also like to make a stop in Venice, even though it is not really on the Mediterranean coast. We are both fluent in English and French. And one of us is also fluent in Urdu and knows some Arabic. The other one is currently learning Spanish and knows a small amount of conversational Italian. But we’re both hoping to be fluent in Italian as well as Spanish, by the time this trip comes around.
We do have experience in traveling before: one of us has gone on a month-long exchange program in France in the summer of 2011 and had no problem navigating through unknown territory. She will also be returning to France this coming summer and will also spend a week in Florence, Italy. The other one has been to the UK with her family before. We are both very knowledgeable and street smart. We have a rough itinerary planned for our trip, but we would be very happy if anyone could give us some suggestions and tips on how to stay safe and have an enjoyable trip. We're not looking to stay for a very long time in each destination, as we would love to see as much as Europe as we can!
Ponte di Rialto
Basilica di San Marco-Campanile
St. Peter's Basilica
Leaning Tower of Pisa
*Week 2: France*
Palais du Prince
L'Arc de Triomphe
Parc du Chateau
Basilique Notre- Dame de la Garde
Place du Capitole
*Week 3: Spain*
La Sagrada Familia
Plaza del Mercado
El Rastro Market
Museo del Prado
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Salzburg or Regensberg
- 2 4 days in switzerland
- 3 A Week in Western Crete (with photos)
- 4 France and Barcelona : 2016 Trip Report
- 5 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 6 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 7 Munich
- 8 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 9 First time in France
- 10 More Info : http://fitnesssteer.com/helix-forte-fr/
- 11 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 12 Budapest Hotels
- 13 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 14 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 15 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 16 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 17 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 18 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 19 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 20 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 21 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 22 Portugal itinerary help
- 23 First Time Solo Travel info
- 24 Prague hotels
- 25 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania