We're looking for some advice on a trip we are hoping to take in the summer of 2013 (yes, our date is quite distant, but we want to be extremely prepared for this trip). We are currently two 16-year-old Canadian girls living in Toronto. We will both be 17 by summer 2013. We are planning to fly into either Rome or Madrid, and travel along the Mediterranean coastline in Spain, France and Italy for 3 weeks. We would also like to make a stop in Venice, even though it is not really on the Mediterranean coast. We are both fluent in English and French. And one of us is also fluent in Urdu and knows some Arabic. The other one is currently learning Spanish and knows a small amount of conversational Italian. But we’re both hoping to be fluent in Italian as well as Spanish, by the time this trip comes around.
We do have experience in traveling before: one of us has gone on a month-long exchange program in France in the summer of 2011 and had no problem navigating through unknown territory. She will also be returning to France this coming summer and will also spend a week in Florence, Italy. The other one has been to the UK with her family before. We are both very knowledgeable and street smart. We have a rough itinerary planned for our trip, but we would be very happy if anyone could give us some suggestions and tips on how to stay safe and have an enjoyable trip. We're not looking to stay for a very long time in each destination, as we would love to see as much as Europe as we can!
Ponte di Rialto
Basilica di San Marco-Campanile
St. Peter's Basilica
Leaning Tower of Pisa
*Week 2: France*
Palais du Prince
L'Arc de Triomphe
Parc du Chateau
Basilique Notre- Dame de la Garde
Place du Capitole
*Week 3: Spain*
La Sagrada Familia
Plaza del Mercado
El Rastro Market
Museo del Prado
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 4 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 5 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 6 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 7 First time in London
- 8 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 9 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 10 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 11 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 12 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 13 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 14 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 15 Audio Walking Tour in London
- 16 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 17 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 18 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 19 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 20 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 21 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 22 Day trips around Vienna
- 23 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 24 Praiano hotel question
- 25 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar