We're looking for some advice on a trip we are hoping to take in the summer of 2013 (yes, our date is quite distant, but we want to be extremely prepared for this trip). We are currently two 16-year-old Canadian girls living in Toronto. We will both be 17 by summer 2013. We are planning to fly into either Rome or Madrid, and travel along the Mediterranean coastline in Spain, France and Italy for 3 weeks. We would also like to make a stop in Venice, even though it is not really on the Mediterranean coast. We are both fluent in English and French. And one of us is also fluent in Urdu and knows some Arabic. The other one is currently learning Spanish and knows a small amount of conversational Italian. But we’re both hoping to be fluent in Italian as well as Spanish, by the time this trip comes around.
We do have experience in traveling before: one of us has gone on a month-long exchange program in France in the summer of 2011 and had no problem navigating through unknown territory. She will also be returning to France this coming summer and will also spend a week in Florence, Italy. The other one has been to the UK with her family before. We are both very knowledgeable and street smart. We have a rough itinerary planned for our trip, but we would be very happy if anyone could give us some suggestions and tips on how to stay safe and have an enjoyable trip. We're not looking to stay for a very long time in each destination, as we would love to see as much as Europe as we can!
Ponte di Rialto
Basilica di San Marco-Campanile
St. Peter's Basilica
Leaning Tower of Pisa
*Week 2: France*
Palais du Prince
L'Arc de Triomphe
Parc du Chateau
Basilique Notre- Dame de la Garde
Place du Capitole
*Week 3: Spain*
La Sagrada Familia
Plaza del Mercado
El Rastro Market
Museo del Prado
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://supplementsgarden.com/silqueskin-cream-reviews
- 2 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 3 France for a month in 2017
- 4 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 5 All of Spain or something else..?
- 6 Chinese visit to France
- 7 Barcelona extension
- 8 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 9 Europe itinerary review
- 10 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 11 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 12 How Challenging Did You Find German to Learn?
- 13 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 14 countless numbers of hundreds and hundreds
- 15 15 days trip to Europe
- 16 Turkey fire code problems with building entry doors
- 17 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 18 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 19 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 20 Vuerling airlines
- 21 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 22 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo
- 23 Flamenco concerts in Madrid
- 24 RENFE error message during payment
- 25 Provins as a day trip from Paris