We're looking for some advice on a trip we are hoping to take in the summer of 2013 (yes, our date is quite distant, but we want to be extremely prepared for this trip). We are currently two 16-year-old Canadian girls living in Toronto. We will both be 17 by summer 2013. We are planning to fly into either Rome or Madrid, and travel along the Mediterranean coastline in Spain, France and Italy for 3 weeks. We would also like to make a stop in Venice, even though it is not really on the Mediterranean coast. We are both fluent in English and French. And one of us is also fluent in Urdu and knows some Arabic. The other one is currently learning Spanish and knows a small amount of conversational Italian. But we’re both hoping to be fluent in Italian as well as Spanish, by the time this trip comes around.
We do have experience in traveling before: one of us has gone on a month-long exchange program in France in the summer of 2011 and had no problem navigating through unknown territory. She will also be returning to France this coming summer and will also spend a week in Florence, Italy. The other one has been to the UK with her family before. We are both very knowledgeable and street smart. We have a rough itinerary planned for our trip, but we would be very happy if anyone could give us some suggestions and tips on how to stay safe and have an enjoyable trip. We're not looking to stay for a very long time in each destination, as we would love to see as much as Europe as we can!
Ponte di Rialto
Basilica di San Marco-Campanile
St. Peter's Basilica
Leaning Tower of Pisa
*Week 2: France*
Palais du Prince
L'Arc de Triomphe
Parc du Chateau
Basilique Notre- Dame de la Garde
Place du Capitole
*Week 3: Spain*
La Sagrada Familia
Plaza del Mercado
El Rastro Market
Museo del Prado
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 2 sfo to europe
- 3 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 4 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 5 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 6 Paris, France
- 7 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 8 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 9 What one thing in Paris?
- 10 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 11 Suggestions for base in the Var
- 12 3 week stay in Scotland
- 13 3 seniors to do Scotland
- 14 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 15 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 16 Rue des Rosiers
- 17 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 18 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 19 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 20 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 21 Help with Scotland itinerary
- 22 Take your time to see San Gimignano
- 23 Italy museum tickets
- 24 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 25 A couple of questions which are not quite answered