This is a subject I'm not comfortable with and since I have never been on a cruise before I don't know how to deal with it. I have a 10 day river cruise through Germany booked for early May and will be accompanied by my wife. I have been told that on sea cruises it is customary to tip your cabin staff but also several other waiters etc. but on a river cruise which is on a much smaller scale with fewer passengers does this still hold true. I know this may sound like a cheap skate but any help or suggestions (Keep them clean) would be much appreciated.
Tipping on a River Cruise ship
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 2 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 3 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 4 Naxos in May
- 5 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 6 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 7 20 days in Germany
- 8 Portugal Alentejo's cante
- 9 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 10 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 11 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 12 help regarding removal firm in london
- 13 Dresden or Leipzig
- 14 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 15 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 16 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 17 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 18 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 19 Trains in Italy
- 20 South of France November Trip Report
- 21 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 22 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 23 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 24 Help With Vienna
- 25 Flying from Paris to London: logistics help?