I have a trip planned in September to Turkey with two friends. The topic of tipping, when, to whom, and how much, has become such a talked about subject that I am now totally confused.
The subject when it came up with my travelling friends started as a seemingly easy decision to make, but it evolved to the point where we are all unsure.
When in doubt, I tend to tip. When I'm unsure of how much should be tipped, I add a little extra. This is especially true when travelling with these two friends, partly due to the fact that I feel one of my friends under tips (she does not believe so).
Could you help? I would love some personal guidelines for hotel tipping, private guide tipping, public tour group tipping, restaurant tipping, taxi tipping...any old tipping you can think of and help with!!
Thank you. we are exhausted!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 2 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 3 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 4 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 5 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 6 Scotland at Christmas itinerary
- 7 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 8 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 9 Help me make this possible!
- 10 Where to pick up rental car in Venice
- 11 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 12 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 13 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 14 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 15 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 16 First visit to London
- 17 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 18 London is it worth it?
- 19 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 20 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 21 Paris and Normandy
- 22 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 23 Florence or Genoa airport - Flying from Barcelona to get to Cinque Terre?
- 24 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 25 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris