I have a trip planned in September to Turkey with two friends. The topic of tipping, when, to whom, and how much, has become such a talked about subject that I am now totally confused.
The subject when it came up with my travelling friends started as a seemingly easy decision to make, but it evolved to the point where we are all unsure.
When in doubt, I tend to tip. When I'm unsure of how much should be tipped, I add a little extra. This is especially true when travelling with these two friends, partly due to the fact that I feel one of my friends under tips (she does not believe so).
Could you help? I would love some personal guidelines for hotel tipping, private guide tipping, public tour group tipping, restaurant tipping, taxi tipping...any old tipping you can think of and help with!!
Thank you. we are exhausted!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 2 italy Cinque Terre
- 3 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 6 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 7 Munich and....???
- 8 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 9 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 10 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 11 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 12 Spanish Medical Providers
- 13 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 14 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 15 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 16 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 17 Can parking
- 18 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 19 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 20 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 21 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 22 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 23 Driving through Paris
- 24 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 25 San Sebastián