We are going to be spending a couple of weeks in Italy this July and totally dropped the ball on renting an apt. or house for one of the weeks. We are ideally looking for a 2 br with washing machine in a nice beach town, preferably in Campania, south of Amalfi coast (but we are flexible on that.) Last year we went to Monopoli in Puglia and liked it a lot, we are now looking for a similar situation -- nice beaches that are child friendly (we have a 4 yo and 7 yo) and a quaint town to wander about in the evenings. We have looked online in Argentario (mainly booked), CIlento (mainly booked) and Salento in Puglia which is still a possibility, but a long drive from Rome (where we are flying in). There is one town I've read about in Campania called Santa Maria Di Castellabate which sounds perfect, but of course I think we're too late to find anything remotely decent. We are not rich, but I will pay a premium not to stay in a dreary place. Any suggestions of towns less traveled that we should check out? Also, any off the beaten track sites for rentals? I've already tried the usual suspects (VRBO, SummerinItaly, Homeaway and a few major UK sites.) Thanks in advance for any direction!
Time Sensitive ? re: beach towns in Italy for July
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Belgium/Holland OR Paris/Strasbourg/Lucern
- 2 Wake up...all fodor posters who are so helpful...
- 3 Advises for trip to Russia
- 4 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 5 First time traveler to Ireland
- 6 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 7 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 8 Euro Train
- 9 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 10 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 11 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 12 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 13 Prague - must see
- 14 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 15 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 16 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 17 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 18 Getting to Gatwick and home again
- 19 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 20 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 21 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 22 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 23 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 24 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 25 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!