We are going to be spending a couple of weeks in Italy this July and totally dropped the ball on renting an apt. or house for one of the weeks. We are ideally looking for a 2 br with washing machine in a nice beach town, preferably in Campania, south of Amalfi coast (but we are flexible on that.) Last year we went to Monopoli in Puglia and liked it a lot, we are now looking for a similar situation -- nice beaches that are child friendly (we have a 4 yo and 7 yo) and a quaint town to wander about in the evenings. We have looked online in Argentario (mainly booked), CIlento (mainly booked) and Salento in Puglia which is still a possibility, but a long drive from Rome (where we are flying in). There is one town I've read about in Campania called Santa Maria Di Castellabate which sounds perfect, but of course I think we're too late to find anything remotely decent. We are not rich, but I will pay a premium not to stay in a dreary place. Any suggestions of towns less traveled that we should check out? Also, any off the beaten track sites for rentals? I've already tried the usual suspects (VRBO, SummerinItaly, Homeaway and a few major UK sites.) Thanks in advance for any direction!
Time Sensitive ? re: beach towns in Italy for July
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What still confounds you about travel?
- 2 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 3 Stay near Paris
- 4 Monet in Normandy
- 5 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 6 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 7 Venice Restaurant - Open on Mondays
- 8 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 9 Koper to Trieste
- 10 Trieste and Koper
- 11 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 12 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 13 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 14 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 15 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 16 Pronunciation
- 17 Dublin Tour Companies
- 18 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 19 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 20 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 21 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 22 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 23 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 24 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 25 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!