We are going to be spending a couple of weeks in Italy this July and totally dropped the ball on renting an apt. or house for one of the weeks. We are ideally looking for a 2 br with washing machine in a nice beach town, preferably in Campania, south of Amalfi coast (but we are flexible on that.) Last year we went to Monopoli in Puglia and liked it a lot, we are now looking for a similar situation -- nice beaches that are child friendly (we have a 4 yo and 7 yo) and a quaint town to wander about in the evenings. We have looked online in Argentario (mainly booked), CIlento (mainly booked) and Salento in Puglia which is still a possibility, but a long drive from Rome (where we are flying in). There is one town I've read about in Campania called Santa Maria Di Castellabate which sounds perfect, but of course I think we're too late to find anything remotely decent. We are not rich, but I will pay a premium not to stay in a dreary place. Any suggestions of towns less traveled that we should check out? Also, any off the beaten track sites for rentals? I've already tried the usual suspects (VRBO, SummerinItaly, Homeaway and a few major UK sites.) Thanks in advance for any direction!
Time Sensitive ? re: beach towns in Italy for July
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 2 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 3 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 4 Street food in Turkey
- 5 Spain Questions
- 6 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 7 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 8 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 9 Mont St Michel
- 10 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 11 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 12 Renting a car in Ireland - pick up/off at Dublin airport or city center?
- 13 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 14 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 15 Dublin Hostels
- 16 Avignon to London?
- 17 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 18 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 19 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 20 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 21 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 22 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 23 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 24 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 25 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice