We are going to be spending a couple of weeks in Italy this July and totally dropped the ball on renting an apt. or house for one of the weeks. We are ideally looking for a 2 br with washing machine in a nice beach town, preferably in Campania, south of Amalfi coast (but we are flexible on that.) Last year we went to Monopoli in Puglia and liked it a lot, we are now looking for a similar situation -- nice beaches that are child friendly (we have a 4 yo and 7 yo) and a quaint town to wander about in the evenings. We have looked online in Argentario (mainly booked), CIlento (mainly booked) and Salento in Puglia which is still a possibility, but a long drive from Rome (where we are flying in). There is one town I've read about in Campania called Santa Maria Di Castellabate which sounds perfect, but of course I think we're too late to find anything remotely decent. We are not rich, but I will pay a premium not to stay in a dreary place. Any suggestions of towns less traveled that we should check out? Also, any off the beaten track sites for rentals? I've already tried the usual suspects (VRBO, SummerinItaly, Homeaway and a few major UK sites.) Thanks in advance for any direction!
Time Sensitive ? re: beach towns in Italy for July
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving Holiday Austria-Switzerland-Italy/Germany-Austria
- 2 What is considered acceptable travel attire
- 3 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 4 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 5 CROATIA SPLIT
- 6 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 7 Tour Group Operators
- 8 Spending money in Italy?
- 9 We will be stranded in Iceland for 17 hours!
- 10 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 11 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 12 Train pass for travel in Italy, France, and Netherlands??
- 13 Family trip to Europe - suggestions welcome
- 14 Barcelona trip (La Festa Gracia! and more)
- 15 Majorca - where to stay?
- 16 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 17 Premier Inn in Edinburgh, City Center, UK
- 18 staying a month or so in each place
- 19 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 20 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 21 Nice/Cote D'azur/Monaco surroundings - suggestions please...
- 22 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 23 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 24 Italy- From Rome to Milan
- 25 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania