I made a mistake and signed up for a Venice Walking tour on the same day I was arriving to the Venice airport from Rome. I am finding out that this mistake may cost me at least half the price of the tour if I cancel. I will only be in Venice for 3 days and there aren't any other viable dates. So I'm trying to figure out if I should take the 50% hit or try to make the tour. The Alitalia ticket shows that I should arrive at Marco Polo airport at 9:30. The tour starts at 11:10. From what I have gleaned off this site it sounds like the water taxi is the nicest and quickest way to travel. So my question - is 1.5 hrs enough time to unload from the plane, pickup luggage and water taxi to St Marks square? Assuming no delays in the flights of course. I am originating from JFK in NY.
Time from Venice airport to St Marks Square
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 2 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 3 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 4 Visiting Amsterdam, Brussels and Bruges
- 5 What is considered acceptable travel attire
- 6 tuscany wine tours and transfers
- 7 Madrid apartment input, please
- 8 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 9 December honeymoon in Europe
- 10 London: Oyster Card or Travelcard?
- 11 Florence veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 12 How long in Venice?
- 13 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 14 Firenze Card OR Amici Degli Uffizi Card??
- 15 staying a month or so in each place
- 16 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 17 URGENT: Fontana Del Papa, Tolfa Cooking School Info Pls
- 18 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 19 Barcelona trip (La Festa Gracia! and more)
- 20 Robbed in Rome... by a "Police Officer"?
- 21 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 22 Sky diving in Barcelona
- 23 Advice on 8 day England Itinerary - No London
- 24 Spending money in Italy?
- 25 Late night train from Prague