I made a mistake and signed up for a Venice Walking tour on the same day I was arriving to the Venice airport from Rome. I am finding out that this mistake may cost me at least half the price of the tour if I cancel. I will only be in Venice for 3 days and there aren't any other viable dates. So I'm trying to figure out if I should take the 50% hit or try to make the tour. The Alitalia ticket shows that I should arrive at Marco Polo airport at 9:30. The tour starts at 11:10. From what I have gleaned off this site it sounds like the water taxi is the nicest and quickest way to travel. So my question - is 1.5 hrs enough time to unload from the plane, pickup luggage and water taxi to St Marks square? Assuming no delays in the flights of course. I am originating from JFK in NY.
Time from Venice airport to St Marks Square
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 When to go to Sicily
- 2 Careful now in train stations even after security
- 3 Rome Areas to stay
- 4 Wengen to Torino?
- 5 St Germain
- 6 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 7 Lakes District UK
- 8 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 9 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 10 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 11 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 12 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 13 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 14 otel.com / metglobal.com is a scam
- 15 how about a Malaga lunch?
- 16 Versailles-How Long to Plan for a Visit to Trianons
- 17 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 18 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 19 England & Scotland in April
- 20 Rental car scams in Italy
- 21 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 22 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 23 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 24 Unique Venice Activity
- 25 22 days or DIY tour