I made a mistake and signed up for a Venice Walking tour on the same day I was arriving to the Venice airport from Rome. I am finding out that this mistake may cost me at least half the price of the tour if I cancel. I will only be in Venice for 3 days and there aren't any other viable dates. So I'm trying to figure out if I should take the 50% hit or try to make the tour. The Alitalia ticket shows that I should arrive at Marco Polo airport at 9:30. The tour starts at 11:10. From what I have gleaned off this site it sounds like the water taxi is the nicest and quickest way to travel. So my question - is 1.5 hrs enough time to unload from the plane, pickup luggage and water taxi to St Marks square? Assuming no delays in the flights of course. I am originating from JFK in NY.
Time from Venice airport to St Marks Square
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 2 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 3 Tipping in the UK
- 4 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 5 Study Visa and Schengen area tourist allowance Question
- 6 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 7 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 8 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 9 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 10 London city Best option for transit
- 11 England/EPL family vacation
- 12 Dxb St. Juery Schaffhausen
- 13 Never To Return
- 14 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 15 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 16 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 17 Lucerne Switzerland
- 18 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 19 Central Europe itinerary
- 20 First visit to France in November
- 21 Need meal and site advice for not often discussed Greek Islands & Places
- 22 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 23 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 24 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 25 Madrid Apartment Rentals