I made a mistake and signed up for a Venice Walking tour on the same day I was arriving to the Venice airport from Rome. I am finding out that this mistake may cost me at least half the price of the tour if I cancel. I will only be in Venice for 3 days and there aren't any other viable dates. So I'm trying to figure out if I should take the 50% hit or try to make the tour. The Alitalia ticket shows that I should arrive at Marco Polo airport at 9:30. The tour starts at 11:10. From what I have gleaned off this site it sounds like the water taxi is the nicest and quickest way to travel. So my question - is 1.5 hrs enough time to unload from the plane, pickup luggage and water taxi to St Marks square? Assuming no delays in the flights of course. I am originating from JFK in NY.
Time from Venice airport to St Marks Square
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 2 Luggage sizing
- 3 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 4 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 5 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 6 Moving to Belfast
- 7 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 8 Winter honeymoon - Switzerland? Italian Alps? Other?
- 9 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 10 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 11 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 12 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 13 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 14 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 15 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 16 NO use of the Wheeled- Suitcases allowed in Venice!! Fine: 500 Euros!!
- 17 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 18 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 19 London during Christmas week
- 20 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 21 Arriving Boxing Day London
- 22 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 23 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 24 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 25 ParisScope: Will City Stand for a New Tour Montparnasse?