My husband and I are US citizens with global entry flying to/from NYC, but I'm curious about the estimated times to get through the various international airports we're visiting for our trip in September. I'm trying to figure out as I plan my itinerary approx what time we'll be arriving at our hotels to see if we need to plan for killing time before we can check in (or try to negotiate with the hotel for an earlier check in). We'll be checking bags on each leg, and taking cabs from the airports to the hotels, so I'm factoring that in too. It's been a number of years since either of us have travelled internationally, so I don't remember how long anything took.
*US to Heathrow --> At Heathrow, how much time approx to get through all security check points (customs/immigration/passport control)? We're flying Virgin Atlantic if the terminal matters.
*Gatwick direct to Santorini --> same question, flying Easy Jet.
*Santorini direct to Barcelona --> same question, flying Vueling.
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 2 Barcelona alternative
- 3 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 4 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 5 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 6 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 7 Road trip with our dog
- 8 Can parking
- 9 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 10 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 11 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 12 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 13 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 16 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 17 Douro Valley in January?
- 18 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 19 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 20 Munich and....???
- 21 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 22 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 23 italy Cinque Terre
- 24 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 25 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
Time Estimates for Clearing Customs/Immigration/Passport Control