So I'm planning for a trip to Vienna this summer. It's the typical Prague-Vienna-Budapest in 10 days route but I'm having trouble figuring out an itinerary for Vienna for the following reasons:
1) The original plan was to leave for Budapest on August 20th night. Turns out that's St. Stephen's Day so I thought maybe we could leave Vienna in the evening to make it in time for the fireworks. That leaves me with 2.5 days.
2) We want to take a day trip to Wachau Valley/Melk Abbey, getting back in the evening. That leaves the rest of the day to explore District 1/Inner City/Ringstrasse but all the museums/attractions will be closed.
That means we have 1.5 days to visit the following places;
St. Stephens Cathedral, Austrian National Library, Belvedere Upper Palace, Leopold Museum and Schonbrunn Palace. I figured Hofburg Palace would be very similar to Schonbrunn so we could skip it.
If we did Schonbrunn Palace on the 20th before we left, is there still enough time to do the rest in one day? My plan looked something like this:
1) Morning tour (to learn about Viennese history) (2-3hrs)
2) St. Stephen's observation deck (1hr)
3) Austrian National Library (1hr)
4) Belvedere (2hr)
5) Leopold Museum (2hr)
6) Explore District 7 into the night
Are there any passes that'll allow us to bypass lines for the entire city?
There's just not enough time in the world. There's no way we can fit Kunst Haus Wien, House of Music and naschmarkt. And forget concerts because we're there in the middle of the week. I think I'd need a lifetime for this!
Anyway, thank you for your time!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 2 세븐카지노＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼인터넷바카라’바카라사이트
- 3 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 4 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 5 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 6 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 7 Berlin to ?
- 8 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 9 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 10 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 11 Studying art in English in venice
- 12 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 13 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 14 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 15 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 16 Trogir or Split
- 17 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 18 Scotland
- 19 Hotels in Turin
- 20 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 21 Istria in two days
- 22 Barcelona and Paris trip report
- 23 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris
- 24 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 25 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights