So I'm planning for a trip to Vienna this summer. It's the typical Prague-Vienna-Budapest in 10 days route but I'm having trouble figuring out an itinerary for Vienna for the following reasons:
1) The original plan was to leave for Budapest on August 20th night. Turns out that's St. Stephen's Day so I thought maybe we could leave Vienna in the evening to make it in time for the fireworks. That leaves me with 2.5 days.
2) We want to take a day trip to Wachau Valley/Melk Abbey, getting back in the evening. That leaves the rest of the day to explore District 1/Inner City/Ringstrasse but all the museums/attractions will be closed.
That means we have 1.5 days to visit the following places;
St. Stephens Cathedral, Austrian National Library, Belvedere Upper Palace, Leopold Museum and Schonbrunn Palace. I figured Hofburg Palace would be very similar to Schonbrunn so we could skip it.
If we did Schonbrunn Palace on the 20th before we left, is there still enough time to do the rest in one day? My plan looked something like this:
1) Morning tour (to learn about Viennese history) (2-3hrs)
2) St. Stephen's observation deck (1hr)
3) Austrian National Library (1hr)
4) Belvedere (2hr)
5) Leopold Museum (2hr)
6) Explore District 7 into the night
Are there any passes that'll allow us to bypass lines for the entire city?
There's just not enough time in the world. There's no way we can fit Kunst Haus Wien, House of Music and naschmarkt. And forget concerts because we're there in the middle of the week. I think I'd need a lifetime for this!
Anyway, thank you for your time!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US : HP Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 HP PRINTER 24*7
- 2 Airport Transit Visa
- 3 Santorini Greece - Cooking Lessons
- 4 Travelling Iceland
- 5 Guide for Nowa Huta?
- 6 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 7 Italian lake cruise
- 8 Paris advice with kids
- 9 Tuscany Itinerary
- 10 How much budget for 2 months in Europe?
- 11 Sunday drive riviera to St Remy Provence. where to stop? +monday plans
- 12 First visit to London
- 13 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 14 Route Information
- 15 International drivers permit
- 16 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 17 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 18 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 19 french italian Riviera overnight stop noli, cervo, san remo, menton, other?
- 20 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 21 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 22 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 23 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 24 alcazar question and seville advice
- 25 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please