Hello one and all!
I will be travelling to the Balkans region of Europe for the month of April, specifically to Macedonia, Montenegro, Croatia and Slovenia. I am very keen on doing outdoor activities on this trip, things like hiking, rafting and mountain biking.
Virtually all the travel books that I read pertaining to these few countries warn of the prevalence of ticks and the diseases they carry - encephalitis and lyme disease. Both of these are quite serious afflictions. Furthermore, I was informed that tick bites can be quite common if one walks unprotected in high grass and forested regions.
Is the tick problem really as serious as it is made out to be in travel literature? Do I have to precautionary measures when I go out into the wild? And if so, what exactly should I do to prepare? There is a vaccine available for encephalitis, but it takes over 6 months to complete the vaccination process. I have not got the luxury of time, unfortunately.
Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 영국바카라■▥■『KIA700.CoM』■▤■온라인카지노き온라인카지노
- 2 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 3 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 4 Itinery help Crete
- 5 Which area to stay in London
- 6 Naples + Walking Tour
- 7 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 8 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 9 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 10 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 11 Algarve - is it for me?
- 12 TIM in FCO - update
- 13 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 14 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 15 16 days in France and Italy
- 16 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 17 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 18 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 19 Swiss Train Travel Help
- 20 Madrid food advice needed
- 21 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 22 Iceland trip report!
- 23 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 24 Paris for children
- 25 Germany/Switzerland Help
Hello one and all!