I am planning my honeymoon and thinking of going to Ticino region for 4 whole days during the last week of October. I will be coming from Bernese Oberland area. I am weighing in if I will stay in Lugano, Locarno or Ascona or maybe some other area? I will not be driving so I will just be relying on public transportation. I know this is not the best time to go to Switzerland but it is the only time I can go.
Which place do you is the best city/town to stay among the three? I love beautiful scenery and just walking around enjoying the view. I like to be able to have options to go to. Will the ferries and furnicular be operating at that time?
I understand that this is he off season for tourists. Does anybody know if all three places will be quiet and dead during that time or still very interesting?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 2 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 3 What do after Bernia Express?
- 4 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 5 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 6 Italian lakes
- 7 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 8 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 9 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 10 France, UK and Ireland
- 11 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 12 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 13 French theater in Paris
- 14 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 15 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 16 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 17 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 18 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 19 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 20 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 21 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 22 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 23 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 24 Walking itinerary in England?
- 25 Rouen Tour Companies