I am planning my honeymoon and thinking of going to Ticino region for 4 whole days during the last week of October. I will be coming from Bernese Oberland area. I am weighing in if I will stay in Lugano, Locarno or Ascona or maybe some other area? I will not be driving so I will just be relying on public transportation. I know this is not the best time to go to Switzerland but it is the only time I can go.
Which place do you is the best city/town to stay among the three? I love beautiful scenery and just walking around enjoying the view. I like to be able to have options to go to. Will the ferries and furnicular be operating at that time?
I understand that this is he off season for tourists. Does anybody know if all three places will be quiet and dead during that time or still very interesting?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 2 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 3 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 4 Need Information about French Alps
- 5 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 6 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 7 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 8 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 9 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 10 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 11 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 12 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 13 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 14 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 15 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 16 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 17 Trip to Rome
- 18 Best Indian Food
- 19 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 20 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 21 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 22 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 23 Piedmont as a destination
- 24 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 25 dinner jackets