I am planning my honeymoon and thinking of going to Ticino region for 4 whole days during the last week of October. I will be coming from Bernese Oberland area. I am weighing in if I will stay in Lugano, Locarno or Ascona or maybe some other area? I will not be driving so I will just be relying on public transportation. I know this is not the best time to go to Switzerland but it is the only time I can go.
Which place do you is the best city/town to stay among the three? I love beautiful scenery and just walking around enjoying the view. I like to be able to have options to go to. Will the ferries and furnicular be operating at that time?
I understand that this is he off season for tourists. Does anybody know if all three places will be quiet and dead during that time or still very interesting?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 2 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 3 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 4 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 5 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 6 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 7 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 8 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 9 Shorts in South of France?
- 10 Tracking the Weather
- 11 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 12 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 13 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 14 Europe itinerary help!
- 15 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 16 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 17 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 18 Which Day?
- 19 barcelona neighborhood
- 20 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 21 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 22 Trip to Hungary, Croatia, Prague May 2018
- 23 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 24 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 25 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€