I am planning my honeymoon and thinking of going to Ticino region for 4 whole days during the last week of October. I will be coming from Bernese Oberland area. I am weighing in if I will stay in Lugano, Locarno or Ascona or maybe some other area? I will not be driving so I will just be relying on public transportation. I know this is not the best time to go to Switzerland but it is the only time I can go.
Which place do you is the best city/town to stay among the three? I love beautiful scenery and just walking around enjoying the view. I like to be able to have options to go to. Will the ferries and furnicular be operating at that time?
I understand that this is he off season for tourists. Does anybody know if all three places will be quiet and dead during that time or still very interesting?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 retruning to US with souveniers
- 2 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 3 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 4 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 5 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 6 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 7 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 8 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 9 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 10 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 11 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 12 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 13 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 14 Help on ancient history route
- 15 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 16 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 17 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 18 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 19 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 20 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 21 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 22 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 23 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 24 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 25 Hotels in Turin