I am planning to spend 5 days in Ticino Canton in September and am hoping for help/suggestions on an itinerary. I'll be flying into/out of Zurich and renting a car.
I'd like to hit:
-Bellinzona, for the castles (1 night)
-Ascona (1 night)
-Lugano (2 nights)
-Brissago islands (daytrip from Ascona)
My questions are:
1. Is it worth spending a night in Bellinzona? (I've heard there isn't much in town but the lit up castles at night are worth it).
2. Would it be better to spend 3 nights in Lugano and daytrip to Ascona (and the Brissago Islands)?
3. Is there anywhere else in Ticino Canton that I should visit? Not to be missed places?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 2 1 month in Europe
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 5 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 6 Back from Paris
- 7 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 8 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 9 10 days in Paris and......
- 10 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 11 LIsbon
- 12 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 13 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 14 London Hotels
- 15 Iceland in 7 days.
- 16 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 17 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 18 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 19 Luggage Storage
- 20 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 21 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 22 Paris hotels
- 23 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 24 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 25 UK: "Ghost Trains!"