I am planning to spend 5 days in Ticino Canton in September and am hoping for help/suggestions on an itinerary. I'll be flying into/out of Zurich and renting a car.
I'd like to hit:
-Bellinzona, for the castles (1 night)
-Ascona (1 night)
-Lugano (2 nights)
-Brissago islands (daytrip from Ascona)
My questions are:
1. Is it worth spending a night in Bellinzona? (I've heard there isn't much in town but the lit up castles at night are worth it).
2. Would it be better to spend 3 nights in Lugano and daytrip to Ascona (and the Brissago Islands)?
3. Is there anywhere else in Ticino Canton that I should visit? Not to be missed places?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 2 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 3 House Hunting in France
- 4 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 5 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 6 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 7 English Countryside
- 8 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 9 Granada to Madrid
- 10 Where to buy Saffron?
- 11 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 12 Barcelona cooking classes
- 13 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 14 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 15 1st time in ZURICH
- 16 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 17 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 18 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 19 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 20 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 21 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 22 If you had to choose one......
- 23 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 24 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 25 Cognac transportation?