I am planning to spend 5 days in Ticino Canton in September and am hoping for help/suggestions on an itinerary. I'll be flying into/out of Zurich and renting a car.
I'd like to hit:
-Bellinzona, for the castles (1 night)
-Ascona (1 night)
-Lugano (2 nights)
-Brissago islands (daytrip from Ascona)
My questions are:
1. Is it worth spending a night in Bellinzona? (I've heard there isn't much in town but the lit up castles at night are worth it).
2. Would it be better to spend 3 nights in Lugano and daytrip to Ascona (and the Brissago Islands)?
3. Is there anywhere else in Ticino Canton that I should visit? Not to be missed places?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 VERIZON Password Recovery CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:54O:683O Technical SUPP0RT 24*7
- 2 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 3 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 4 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 5 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 6 16 days in France and Italy
- 7 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 8 TIM in FCO - update
- 9 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 10 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 11 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 12 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 13 Swiss Train Travel Help
- 14 Madrid food advice needed
- 15 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 16 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 17 Iceland trip report!
- 18 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 19 Paris for children
- 20 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 21 Naples + Walking Tour
- 22 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 23 Need hotel in Athens
- 24 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 25 Avoid Europcar!