I am planning to spend 5 days in Ticino Canton in September and am hoping for help/suggestions on an itinerary. I'll be flying into/out of Zurich and renting a car.
I'd like to hit:
-Bellinzona, for the castles (1 night)
-Ascona (1 night)
-Lugano (2 nights)
-Brissago islands (daytrip from Ascona)
My questions are:
1. Is it worth spending a night in Bellinzona? (I've heard there isn't much in town but the lit up castles at night are worth it).
2. Would it be better to spend 3 nights in Lugano and daytrip to Ascona (and the Brissago Islands)?
3. Is there anywhere else in Ticino Canton that I should visit? Not to be missed places?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 2 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 3 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 4 Italian lakes
- 5 France, UK and Ireland
- 6 French theater in Paris
- 7 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 8 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 9 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 10 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 11 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 12 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 13 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 14 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 15 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 16 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 17 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 18 What do after Bernia Express?
- 19 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 20 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 21 Walking itinerary in England?
- 22 Rouen Tour Companies
- 23 Best way to learn a foreign language?
- 24 No Periods in British Written English!
- 25 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum