Myself and my husband have a 3 week trip beginning of September, flying into Rhodes and out of Athens (cheapest flights!). I am finishing writing a thesis so a little stuck on research time (but am reading up when I can!). We are keen to have a mixture of rest, walking/hiking, history, and of course beaches. And Im keen to see Monemvasa towards the end - I hear its beautiful...?
Any tips on which islands are best, what to avoid, and best places to find out about ferry times (I hear you don't necessarily have to book in advance, just need to get an idea on what is possible and cost!). We dont mind less touristy places either! Mix of the top must-see things and then some off-the beaten track.
I have been to Athens, Santorini and Nafplio before in 2009... tempted to return with my husband this time, but I'm sure there is so much more to see still?!
Would greatly appreciate any help, tips, advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 2 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 3 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 4 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 5 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 6 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 7 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 8 3 week trip with children
- 9 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 10 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 11 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 12 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 13 Things to do in Montpellier
- 14 Italy in 11 Days
- 15 dinner jackets
- 16 French election
- 17 Leather goods in Florence
- 18 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 19 Piedmont as a destination
- 20 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 21 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 22 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 23 paris and france with my teenage daughter
- 24 Trip to Rome
- 25 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train