Myself and my husband have a 3 week trip beginning of September, flying into Rhodes and out of Athens (cheapest flights!). I am finishing writing a thesis so a little stuck on research time (but am reading up when I can!). We are keen to have a mixture of rest, walking/hiking, history, and of course beaches. And Im keen to see Monemvasa towards the end - I hear its beautiful...?
Any tips on which islands are best, what to avoid, and best places to find out about ferry times (I hear you don't necessarily have to book in advance, just need to get an idea on what is possible and cost!). We dont mind less touristy places either! Mix of the top must-see things and then some off-the beaten track.
I have been to Athens, Santorini and Nafplio before in 2009... tempted to return with my husband this time, but I'm sure there is so much more to see still?!
Would greatly appreciate any help, tips, advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 2 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 3 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 6 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 7 First time in London
- 8 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 9 Greek fuel cost
- 10 VRBO South Kensington
- 11 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 12 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 13 Vacation
- 14 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 15 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 16 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 17 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 18 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 19 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 20 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 21 Villas to rent in Ibiza
- 22 Audio Walking Tour in London
- 23 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 24 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 25 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe