Myself and my husband have a 3 week trip beginning of September, flying into Rhodes and out of Athens (cheapest flights!). I am finishing writing a thesis so a little stuck on research time (but am reading up when I can!). We are keen to have a mixture of rest, walking/hiking, history, and of course beaches. And Im keen to see Monemvasa towards the end - I hear its beautiful...?
Any tips on which islands are best, what to avoid, and best places to find out about ferry times (I hear you don't necessarily have to book in advance, just need to get an idea on what is possible and cost!). We dont mind less touristy places either! Mix of the top must-see things and then some off-the beaten track.
I have been to Athens, Santorini and Nafplio before in 2009... tempted to return with my husband this time, but I'm sure there is so much more to see still?!
Would greatly appreciate any help, tips, advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 2 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 3 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 4 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 5 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 6 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 7 Long weekend in Albania
- 8 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 9 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 10 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 11 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 12 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 13 scotland itinerary
- 14 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 17 Hotel in Florence
- 18 Travel between Civitavecchia and Rome
- 19 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 20 Missing Toronto Woman May Be in France
- 21 Malta - how to do it?
- 22 Using CPAP machine in France
- 23 Castle Stays in Wales
- 24 Uk and Ireland
- 25 Sao Miguel in November