Myself and my husband have a 3 week trip beginning of September, flying into Rhodes and out of Athens (cheapest flights!). I am finishing writing a thesis so a little stuck on research time (but am reading up when I can!). We are keen to have a mixture of rest, walking/hiking, history, and of course beaches. And Im keen to see Monemvasa towards the end - I hear its beautiful...?
Any tips on which islands are best, what to avoid, and best places to find out about ferry times (I hear you don't necessarily have to book in advance, just need to get an idea on what is possible and cost!). We dont mind less touristy places either! Mix of the top must-see things and then some off-the beaten track.
I have been to Athens, Santorini and Nafplio before in 2009... tempted to return with my husband this time, but I'm sure there is so much more to see still?!
Would greatly appreciate any help, tips, advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 2 Salzburg itinerary review
- 3 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 4 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 5 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 6 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 7 Globus Iberian Tour
- 8 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 9 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 10 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 11 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 12 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 13 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 14 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 15 UK in May and June
- 16 Spain: train/rental car help
- 17 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 18 good restaurants in Budapest
- 19 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 20 Best coffeeshop in Amsterdam for a noob?
- 21 Wales
- 22 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 23 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 24 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 25 Request Hotel Suggestion in London