Myself and my husband have a 3 week trip beginning of September, flying into Rhodes and out of Athens (cheapest flights!). I am finishing writing a thesis so a little stuck on research time (but am reading up when I can!). We are keen to have a mixture of rest, walking/hiking, history, and of course beaches. And Im keen to see Monemvasa towards the end - I hear its beautiful...?
Any tips on which islands are best, what to avoid, and best places to find out about ferry times (I hear you don't necessarily have to book in advance, just need to get an idea on what is possible and cost!). We dont mind less touristy places either! Mix of the top must-see things and then some off-the beaten track.
I have been to Athens, Santorini and Nafplio before in 2009... tempted to return with my husband this time, but I'm sure there is so much more to see still?!
Would greatly appreciate any help, tips, advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 2 My 3 Week Home Exchange in Iceland
- 3 Wine tasting in Santorini
- 4 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 5 RFID Protection
- 6 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 7 Italy and Spain 4 weeks - 1st attempt at an itinary
- 8 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 9 3 days to spend in europe
- 10 12 days europe
- 11 Oct '16 Tuscany assistance
- 12 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 13 Beaches in Southern France
- 14 Rail pass question
- 15 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 16 Paris to Ramstein
- 17 Looking for Tour in Italy
- 18 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 19 3 days with a Swindon base
- 20 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 21 Amalfi Coast lodging
- 22 Amalfi coast
- 23 If you had four months...
- 24 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 25 italy itinerary