Myself and my husband have a 3 week trip beginning of September, flying into Rhodes and out of Athens (cheapest flights!). I am finishing writing a thesis so a little stuck on research time (but am reading up when I can!). We are keen to have a mixture of rest, walking/hiking, history, and of course beaches. And Im keen to see Monemvasa towards the end - I hear its beautiful...?
Any tips on which islands are best, what to avoid, and best places to find out about ferry times (I hear you don't necessarily have to book in advance, just need to get an idea on what is possible and cost!). We dont mind less touristy places either! Mix of the top must-see things and then some off-the beaten track.
I have been to Athens, Santorini and Nafplio before in 2009... tempted to return with my husband this time, but I'm sure there is so much more to see still?!
Would greatly appreciate any help, tips, advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 2 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 3 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 4 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 5 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 6 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 7 Northern Spain Hotel Suggestion
- 8 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 9 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 10 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 11 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 12 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 13 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 14 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 15 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 16 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 17 Super Cover For Hertz
- 18 When to Visit Scotland
- 19 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 20 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 21 Amalfi Coast help
- 22 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 23 Sicily
- 24 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 25 More earthquakes in central Italy