Myself and my husband have a 3 week trip beginning of September, flying into Rhodes and out of Athens (cheapest flights!). I am finishing writing a thesis so a little stuck on research time (but am reading up when I can!). We are keen to have a mixture of rest, walking/hiking, history, and of course beaches. And Im keen to see Monemvasa towards the end - I hear its beautiful...?
Any tips on which islands are best, what to avoid, and best places to find out about ferry times (I hear you don't necessarily have to book in advance, just need to get an idea on what is possible and cost!). We dont mind less touristy places either! Mix of the top must-see things and then some off-the beaten track.
I have been to Athens, Santorini and Nafplio before in 2009... tempted to return with my husband this time, but I'm sure there is so much more to see still?!
Would greatly appreciate any help, tips, advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO ACCOUNT Tec*h sup*p0rt 1800 540 6830 YA*HOO M@!L
- 2 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 3 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 4 Florence or Genoa airport - Flying from Barcelona to get to Cinque Terre?
- 5 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 6 Help me make this possible!
- 7 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 8 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 9 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 10 Car Rental
- 11 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 12 First visit to London
- 13 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 14 Awful experience with Ace Car Rental Iceland
- 15 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 16 Balkans
- 17 My first trip to Crete
- 18 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 19 Ireland Trip
- 20 London is it worth it?
- 21 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 22 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 23 Final advice (I think) Restaurants!
- 24 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 25 Any itinerary hints for Prague