Myself and my husband have a 3 week trip beginning of September, flying into Rhodes and out of Athens (cheapest flights!). I am finishing writing a thesis so a little stuck on research time (but am reading up when I can!). We are keen to have a mixture of rest, walking/hiking, history, and of course beaches. And Im keen to see Monemvasa towards the end - I hear its beautiful...?
Any tips on which islands are best, what to avoid, and best places to find out about ferry times (I hear you don't necessarily have to book in advance, just need to get an idea on what is possible and cost!). We dont mind less touristy places either! Mix of the top must-see things and then some off-the beaten track.
I have been to Athens, Santorini and Nafplio before in 2009... tempted to return with my husband this time, but I'm sure there is so much more to see still?!
Would greatly appreciate any help, tips, advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 2 Korean Messages
- 3 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 4 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 5 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 6 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 7 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 8 International Flight Question
- 9 Dijon in December!
- 10 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 11 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 12 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 13 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 14 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 15 We're here!
- 16 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 17 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 18 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 19 6-7 Days in France
- 20 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 21 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 22 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 23 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 24 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 25 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017