Myself and my husband have a 3 week trip beginning of September, flying into Rhodes and out of Athens (cheapest flights!). I am finishing writing a thesis so a little stuck on research time (but am reading up when I can!). We are keen to have a mixture of rest, walking/hiking, history, and of course beaches. And Im keen to see Monemvasa towards the end - I hear its beautiful...?
Any tips on which islands are best, what to avoid, and best places to find out about ferry times (I hear you don't necessarily have to book in advance, just need to get an idea on what is possible and cost!). We dont mind less touristy places either! Mix of the top must-see things and then some off-the beaten track.
I have been to Athens, Santorini and Nafplio before in 2009... tempted to return with my husband this time, but I'm sure there is so much more to see still?!
Would greatly appreciate any help, tips, advice!
Three weeks Rhodes to Athens - help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 All Set To Go!!
- 2 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 3 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 4 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 5 Renfe planning strike December 26th
- 6 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 7 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 8 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 9 22 year olds in Europe
- 10 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 11 Granada
- 12 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 13 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 14 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 15 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 16 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 17 Coffee in Naples
- 18 A Sardinia trip report
- 19 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 20 First time Ireland trip
- 21 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 22 Favorite place for morning espresso or cappucino in Venice
- 23 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 24 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 25 Helsinki-Stockhom ferry question re: Arlanda connection