Bologna was the second stop of our 17 day visit to Italy in October 2012. After 6 nights in Venice, we would be here 4 nights before moving on to Umbria.
After a pleasant two hour train ride from Venice, we arrived in Bologna mid-to-late afternoon and grabbed a cab to the hotel, The Metropolitan. It is located on a small side street between the train station and Piazza Maggiore, and would probably be walkable from the train station for a day trip, but I wouldn’t recommend it with luggage. The lobby area is small but very nice and the staff was very accommodating. After we checked in I asked the front desk if they could call the restaurant Serghei for a dinner reservation – they were able to just squeeze us in at 9:00.
And squeeze us in is just what they did! After settling into the room, catching up on some reading and e-mailing and what not, we headed out for dinner. Serghei was just short walk from the hotel- not even 5 minutes. Had we been staying longer, I would have liked to return. We were squeezed into a tiny table in the vestibule by the cash register and front door. I have a feeling they accommodated us as a favor to the hotel clerk, and had we called in ourselves we may not have secured a table on short notice as we did. We were given menus, I think, but to order the waiter simply told us what was available and we chose from that. I always want to try the dishes an area is known for, so I ordered the tortolini in brodo (and yes, the broth is divine!) and Ed had some type of pasta with ragu. For second I ordered bolito which was fine, but I think I got the last remains of what was available for the night. Ed’s second course – roasted pork shank (“Stinco” I think) was the winner of the evening. I’m basing that on his review, as, come to think of it, he didn’t even share with me.
Happy we were so close to our hotel, we enjoyed the short little stroll back home and hit the hay.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』에프원카지노사이트
- 2 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』에이플러스카지노
- 3 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 4 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 5 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 6 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 7 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 8 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』비비카지노주소
- 9 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』아시안카지노랜드
- 10 플러스바카라■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■온라인바카라주소た온라인바카라주소
- 11 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』국내카지노추천
- 12 포커족보 =홈피:〈"ttx983.com"〉추천인:지퍼
- 13 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』고니카지노
- 14 슈퍼카지노■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■바카라사이트주소ゑ바카라사이트주소
- 15 스포츠카지노■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■온라인카지노주소ぷ온라인카지노주소
- 16 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』고카지노게임
- 17 파라다이스카지노↗°ニニ★★NOLZA007.Ｃｏm↗°ニニ★★부산카지노
- 18 라이브바카라주소■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■아시안바카라ュ아시안바카라
- 19 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』마카오MGM호텔카지노
- 20 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』리스본카지노사이트
- 21 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』몬테카지노
- 22 우리카지노딜러↗°ニニ★★NOLZA007.Ｃｏm↗°ニニ★★서울카지노
- 23 불가리아카지노■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■생중계카지노っ생중계카지노
- 24 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』독일카지노
- 25 해피카지노■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■온라인바카라추천シ온라인바카라추천
Three short days in Bologna - Part 2 of the Hanabilly saga