After researching Greece as a summer destination for next June or July, we have the following three areas to choose from, all landing in Athens, where we will spend two nights, before continuing our vacation:
1. Driving west to the Ionian Islands, through the Peloponnese, spending 12 to 14 days in three of them, maybe even getting as far north as Corfu.
2. Driving northeast to the Macedonia region.
3. Flying to Crete where we would spend the whole two weeks.
We have asked about Macedonia in another post and received some very useful information and we have decided on the above three choices and need some help deciding.
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 2 Norway in a Nutshell - Travel Report
- 3 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 4 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 5 Azores
- 6 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 7 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 8 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 9 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 10 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 11 Short Trip in July
- 12 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 13 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 14 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 15 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 16 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 17 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 18 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 19 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 20 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 21 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 22 Sim Card Options
- 23 Greek Islands (small)
- 24 38 Days in Paris
- 25 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK