After researching Greece as a summer destination for next June or July, we have the following three areas to choose from, all landing in Athens, where we will spend two nights, before continuing our vacation:
1. Driving west to the Ionian Islands, through the Peloponnese, spending 12 to 14 days in three of them, maybe even getting as far north as Corfu.
2. Driving northeast to the Macedonia region.
3. Flying to Crete where we would spend the whole two weeks.
We have asked about Macedonia in another post and received some very useful information and we have decided on the above three choices and need some help deciding.
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia itinerary help
- 2 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 3 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 4 St Denis Cathedral
- 5 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 6 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 7 No Periods in British Written English!
- 8 Doumo to Lampugnano bus station
- 9 How to rent a car
- 10 Mayrhofen August with nearly 5 year old and 5 months old?
- 11 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 12 Day trips from Florence
- 13 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 14 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 15 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 16 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 17 Perugia
- 18 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 19 May get together in Paris
- 20 Paris in September
- 21 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 22 First time in Bulgaria
- 23 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 24 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 25 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?