In an effort to make this (admittedly mild) winter go a little faster, I am spending three nights in Madrid over MLK weekend coming up. As long as I have little escapes to look forward to, the winter will be over in a flash!
For any comments, here are my loose plans:
I am staying at the AC Palacio del Retiro
I plan to visit the Prado, the Sofia Reina, the Thyssen-Bornemisza, and the Sorolla museums.
I plan to visit the Palacio Real.
I would like to go on at least one tapas crawl (or whatever they call them?). Seeking good food in general.
I plan to do at least one walking tour and maybe even one per day, time permitting. Context Travel is under consideration although I'm open to suggestions.
Wandering, of course.
Photography is an absolute given.
Finally, some shopping.
Any must-see-or-do tips? I will be packing a lot into my three days. Right now the ten day weather forecast looks utterly fantastic, sunny each day and high 50s. Is that usual/expected? I hope it sticks around! I leave in less than two weeks from now...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shopping: and how to bring it back with you? Spain/Basque/France
- 2 Cyprus or Turkey for a beach holiday?
- 3 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 4 FlamencoTickets.com reliable site?
- 5 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 6 Greece Itinerary
- 7 Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest
- 8 What do you trust more: Booking or Tripadvisor?
- 9 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 10 15 days trip to Europe
- 11 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 12 Ravenna Mosaics
- 13 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 14 Cinque Terre trail closures?
- 15 Amsterdam, Germany
- 16 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 17 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 18 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 19 European Travel in March
- 20 Scotland Highlands Help
- 21 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 22 Changing planes in Frankfurt
- 23 Our time in Rome
- 24 Berlin, germany
- 25 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?