In an effort to make this (admittedly mild) winter go a little faster, I am spending three nights in Madrid over MLK weekend coming up. As long as I have little escapes to look forward to, the winter will be over in a flash!
For any comments, here are my loose plans:
I am staying at the AC Palacio del Retiro
I plan to visit the Prado, the Sofia Reina, the Thyssen-Bornemisza, and the Sorolla museums.
I plan to visit the Palacio Real.
I would like to go on at least one tapas crawl (or whatever they call them?). Seeking good food in general.
I plan to do at least one walking tour and maybe even one per day, time permitting. Context Travel is under consideration although I'm open to suggestions.
Wandering, of course.
Photography is an absolute given.
Finally, some shopping.
Any must-see-or-do tips? I will be packing a lot into my three days. Right now the ten day weather forecast looks utterly fantastic, sunny each day and high 50s. Is that usual/expected? I hope it sticks around! I leave in less than two weeks from now...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Global Travel Warning...
- 2 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 3 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 4 Do i need a Swiss Half-fare travelcard?
- 5 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 6 Morning in paris
- 7 Oct vs Nov for Greece
- 8 Advices about our itiniary
- 9 Balkans Itinerary
- 10 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 11 Dynamic Currency Conversion is Alive & Well in Paris
- 12 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 13 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 14 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 15 Why Not Helsinki?
- 16 Inverness Northern Lights?
- 17 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 18 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 19 Places to visit staying in Como
- 20 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 21 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 22 Mona Lisait Returns
- 23 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 24 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 25 Paris Under Seige...