In an effort to make this (admittedly mild) winter go a little faster, I am spending three nights in Madrid over MLK weekend coming up. As long as I have little escapes to look forward to, the winter will be over in a flash!
For any comments, here are my loose plans:
I am staying at the AC Palacio del Retiro
I plan to visit the Prado, the Sofia Reina, the Thyssen-Bornemisza, and the Sorolla museums.
I plan to visit the Palacio Real.
I would like to go on at least one tapas crawl (or whatever they call them?). Seeking good food in general.
I plan to do at least one walking tour and maybe even one per day, time permitting. Context Travel is under consideration although I'm open to suggestions.
Wandering, of course.
Photography is an absolute given.
Finally, some shopping.
Any must-see-or-do tips? I will be packing a lot into my three days. Right now the ten day weather forecast looks utterly fantastic, sunny each day and high 50s. Is that usual/expected? I hope it sticks around! I leave in less than two weeks from now...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 2 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 3 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 6 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 7 getting to CDG
- 8 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 9 Cambrils
- 10 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 11 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 12 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 13 Amalfi Coast help
- 14 CDG airport and connection time
- 15 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 16 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 17 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 18 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 19 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 20 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 21 Trains in Alps and UK
- 22 Switzerland
- 23 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 24 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 25 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy