In an effort to make this (admittedly mild) winter go a little faster, I am spending three nights in Madrid over MLK weekend coming up. As long as I have little escapes to look forward to, the winter will be over in a flash!
For any comments, here are my loose plans:
I am staying at the AC Palacio del Retiro
I plan to visit the Prado, the Sofia Reina, the Thyssen-Bornemisza, and the Sorolla museums.
I plan to visit the Palacio Real.
I would like to go on at least one tapas crawl (or whatever they call them?). Seeking good food in general.
I plan to do at least one walking tour and maybe even one per day, time permitting. Context Travel is under consideration although I'm open to suggestions.
Wandering, of course.
Photography is an absolute given.
Finally, some shopping.
Any must-see-or-do tips? I will be packing a lot into my three days. Right now the ten day weather forecast looks utterly fantastic, sunny each day and high 50s. Is that usual/expected? I hope it sticks around! I leave in less than two weeks from now...
Three nights in Madrid, very soon
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 2 Dare I ask a Transportation Question?
- 3 A Winter Wander – Engadine and Berner Oberland
- 4 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 5 Calling Jamikins
- 6 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 7 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 8 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 9 Barcelona to Girona: Rent a Car or just take the train?
- 10 Zurich, Switzerland
- 11 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 12 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 13 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 14 London tube
- 15 Day trip from London to Paris
- 16 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 17 5am arrival in Dublin
- 18 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 19 Hotel in Venice
- 20 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 21 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 22 Europe-21 days in September 2014
- 23 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 24 What are the best places to see in England
- 25 London hotel