In an effort to make this (admittedly mild) winter go a little faster, I am spending three nights in Madrid over MLK weekend coming up. As long as I have little escapes to look forward to, the winter will be over in a flash!
For any comments, here are my loose plans:
I am staying at the AC Palacio del Retiro
I plan to visit the Prado, the Sofia Reina, the Thyssen-Bornemisza, and the Sorolla museums.
I plan to visit the Palacio Real.
I would like to go on at least one tapas crawl (or whatever they call them?). Seeking good food in general.
I plan to do at least one walking tour and maybe even one per day, time permitting. Context Travel is under consideration although I'm open to suggestions.
Wandering, of course.
Photography is an absolute given.
Finally, some shopping.
Any must-see-or-do tips? I will be packing a lot into my three days. Right now the ten day weather forecast looks utterly fantastic, sunny each day and high 50s. Is that usual/expected? I hope it sticks around! I leave in less than two weeks from now...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HOTEL IN STOCKHOLM
- 2 I'm back.....
- 3 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 4 Edinburgh in March
- 5 KLM mandatory Animal Hotel SCAM
- 6 Paris gtg in October?
- 7 Very last minute Swiss train help!
- 8 Best coastal town within 3 hours of Barcelona (with kids)
- 9 Where do I pass through immigration in the UK
- 10 Departure Tax in UK
- 11 PARIS. GTG-------Sept.14, 2016, anyone interested?
- 12 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 13 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 14 Seville itinerary critic and advice please
- 15 Costal Spain Vacation Rental House Advice
- 16 Immigration from Italy to Ireland to US
- 17 European Championship
- 18 Parking in Italy
- 19 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 20 FAQs
- 21 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 22 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 23 1 week in Malaga
- 24 http://www.toptryloburn.com/ombia-derma-reviews/
- 25 Inside of that plastic area you’ll see lights