In an effort to make this (admittedly mild) winter go a little faster, I am spending three nights in Madrid over MLK weekend coming up. As long as I have little escapes to look forward to, the winter will be over in a flash!
For any comments, here are my loose plans:
I am staying at the AC Palacio del Retiro
I plan to visit the Prado, the Sofia Reina, the Thyssen-Bornemisza, and the Sorolla museums.
I plan to visit the Palacio Real.
I would like to go on at least one tapas crawl (or whatever they call them?). Seeking good food in general.
I plan to do at least one walking tour and maybe even one per day, time permitting. Context Travel is under consideration although I'm open to suggestions.
Wandering, of course.
Photography is an absolute given.
Finally, some shopping.
Any must-see-or-do tips? I will be packing a lot into my three days. Right now the ten day weather forecast looks utterly fantastic, sunny each day and high 50s. Is that usual/expected? I hope it sticks around! I leave in less than two weeks from now...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 2 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 3 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 4 Barcelona alternative
- 5 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 6 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 7 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 8 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 9 Spanish Medical Providers
- 10 Road trip with our dog
- 11 Travel from Lisbon to Amsterdam to Boston
- 12 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 13 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 14 Driving through Paris
- 15 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 16 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 17 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 18 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 19 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question
- 20 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 21 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 22 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 23 Lisbon
- 24 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 25 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete