Am looking to possibly stay three days in Venice before heading to Trieste to catch a cruise. I have been to both cities before, albeit over 15 years ago. At that time, I know we stayed in Venice itself, but am loathe to remember exactly where. While researching hotel in the Venice area I have seen quite a jump in prices when comparing staying actually in Venice or alternatively staying in Mestre or even Lido. Is it worth anywhere from double to three times the price to actually stay in Venice? I can think of many things to do with that extra money, such as a nice dinner, drinks at the Danieli, etc., but will I regret not staying in closer if I have to pay that extra money to get back to my hotel every night? We have all been in the situation where we stay outside of the city center, or near an airport, because the hotel was nice and cheap, only to find that we end up spending more on transport since we can't just walk or easily get around! Any and all advice is appreciated!
Three Days In Venice...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 2 France, Italy and Greec
- 3 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 4 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 5 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 6 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 7 Air pollution in Paris
- 8 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 9 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 10 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 11 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 12 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 13 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 14 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 15 Naxos in May
- 16 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 17 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 18 Belfast to Scotland help
- 19 20 days in Germany
- 20 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 21 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 22 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 23 Portugal Alentejo's cante
- 24 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 25 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive