Am looking to possibly stay three days in Venice before heading to Trieste to catch a cruise. I have been to both cities before, albeit over 15 years ago. At that time, I know we stayed in Venice itself, but am loathe to remember exactly where. While researching hotel in the Venice area I have seen quite a jump in prices when comparing staying actually in Venice or alternatively staying in Mestre or even Lido. Is it worth anywhere from double to three times the price to actually stay in Venice? I can think of many things to do with that extra money, such as a nice dinner, drinks at the Danieli, etc., but will I regret not staying in closer if I have to pay that extra money to get back to my hotel every night? We have all been in the situation where we stay outside of the city center, or near an airport, because the hotel was nice and cheap, only to find that we end up spending more on transport since we can't just walk or easily get around! Any and all advice is appreciated!
Three Days In Venice...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 2 Venice hotel selection
- 3 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 4 May trip to the islands
- 5 Where to stay in Rome
- 6 7 days in Greece
- 7 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 8 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 9 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 10 Augsburg with kids
- 11 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 12 Spontaneous trip to Ireland
- 13 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 14 Three days in Spain
- 15 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 16 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 17 Easter week/ Semana Santa in Avila, Toledo, Segovia
- 18 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 19 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 20 Paris in April?
- 21 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 22 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 23 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 24 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 25 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken