Am looking to possibly stay three days in Venice before heading to Trieste to catch a cruise. I have been to both cities before, albeit over 15 years ago. At that time, I know we stayed in Venice itself, but am loathe to remember exactly where. While researching hotel in the Venice area I have seen quite a jump in prices when comparing staying actually in Venice or alternatively staying in Mestre or even Lido. Is it worth anywhere from double to three times the price to actually stay in Venice? I can think of many things to do with that extra money, such as a nice dinner, drinks at the Danieli, etc., but will I regret not staying in closer if I have to pay that extra money to get back to my hotel every night? We have all been in the situation where we stay outside of the city center, or near an airport, because the hotel was nice and cheap, only to find that we end up spending more on transport since we can't just walk or easily get around! Any and all advice is appreciated!
Three Days In Venice...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 2 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 3 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 4 What still confounds you about travel?
- 5 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 6 Venice Restaurant - Open on Mondays
- 7 Pronunciation
- 8 Monet in Normandy
- 9 Dublin Tour Companies
- 10 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 11 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 12 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 13 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 14 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 15 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 16 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 17 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 18 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 19 Stay near Paris
- 20 direct train from Lyon to Nice France?
- 21 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 22 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 23 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 24 What to wear
- 25 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids