Am looking to possibly stay three days in Venice before heading to Trieste to catch a cruise. I have been to both cities before, albeit over 15 years ago. At that time, I know we stayed in Venice itself, but am loathe to remember exactly where. While researching hotel in the Venice area I have seen quite a jump in prices when comparing staying actually in Venice or alternatively staying in Mestre or even Lido. Is it worth anywhere from double to three times the price to actually stay in Venice? I can think of many things to do with that extra money, such as a nice dinner, drinks at the Danieli, etc., but will I regret not staying in closer if I have to pay that extra money to get back to my hotel every night? We have all been in the situation where we stay outside of the city center, or near an airport, because the hotel was nice and cheap, only to find that we end up spending more on transport since we can't just walk or easily get around! Any and all advice is appreciated!
Three Days In Venice...
- 1 Berlin Excursion from our ship...
- 2 Tool for comparing train cost with and without Eurail
- 3 Anyone used Rive Gauche Rive Droit, or worked with William Royer?
- 4 London at Xmas
- 5 Do I Need A Visa for London?
- 6 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 7 Bank of England Museum
- 8 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 9 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 10 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 11 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 12 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 13 Motor Home North Italy Route Suggestions
- 14 France bed and breakfasts and restaurants in Provence, Vaison La Romaine, Uzès, Paris
- 15 East coast trains
- 16 Florence Day Trip to Sienna: should we stop along the way? Where?
- 17 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 18 Which tour company would be best?
- 19 First night after arriving in Milan
- 20 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 21 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 22 France by rail or car?
- 23 Planning my days in Paris
- 24 Suggestions for Istanbul Stayover
- 25 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights