My 18 year old daughter and I are planning a brief stop in the Provence area in early July. We will fly in from Rome to... Nice? Or Marseille? (any other options?) on the 6th, and leave by train for Paris on the 9th. I haven't decided whether to rent a car or not. If not, I think we will base in Avignon. However, we really want to experience "village France", so I would welcome suggestions for a good small village home-base. Please note whether most appropriate with a car, or if there's reasonable public transport access. I would also appreciate any other advice for this leg of our trip. Thanks in advance!
Three days in Provence - advice please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two Sisters-in-law in Italy
- 2 From Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport to 8, Champs Elysees, Paris
- 3 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 4 Europe Itinerary
- 5 Need suggestions for Sienna and Orvieto
- 6 Hey Fodor's
- 7 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 8 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 9 We have no idea where to go!
- 10 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 11 Portugal 15 day Itinerary Help
- 12 Olive Oil
- 13 Paris apartment choices?
- 14 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 15 Norway 2014
- 16 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 17 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 18 Base in Puglia: Ostuni or Locorotondo
- 19 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 20 January in Ireland: Recommendations on Lodging?
- 21 Montmartre or St.Denis
- 22 Looking for an apartment for rent in the Gracia of Barcelona
- 23 Venice cruise terminal to San Marcos, and San Marcos to airport?
- 24 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 25 paris apartment opinion airbnb