My 18 year old daughter and I are planning a brief stop in the Provence area in early July. We will fly in from Rome to... Nice? Or Marseille? (any other options?) on the 6th, and leave by train for Paris on the 9th. I haven't decided whether to rent a car or not. If not, I think we will base in Avignon. However, we really want to experience "village France", so I would welcome suggestions for a good small village home-base. Please note whether most appropriate with a car, or if there's reasonable public transport access. I would also appreciate any other advice for this leg of our trip. Thanks in advance!
Three days in Provence - advice please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 2 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 3 What are the best places to see in England
- 4 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 5 Reims for a day
- 6 Indus Tours in Turkey
- 7 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 8 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 9 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 10 Estonia Amber
- 11 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 12 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 13 TRAVEL TURKEY
- 14 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 15 Bosna i Hercegovina
- 16 HOTELS IN ISTANBUL, TURKEY
- 17 Heli Tour
- 18 YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS IN OXFORD
- 19 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 20 Suggestions for a nice hotel in Stockholm?
- 21 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 22 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 23 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 24 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 25 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium