In May, my husband and I and another couple are planning a trip to Greece. We have been to Greece in 1984 at which time we visited Nafplio, Epidaros, Mycaene, and Delphi and had 4 nights in Athens. The other couple have never been to Greece. Since we have never been to Meteora, would this be a good choice for a trip into the countryside?
We will have 5 nights in mainland Greece before boarding our ship for a 7 day Island cruise which ends in Venice where we continue our European fun.
HERE ARE OUR TENTATIVE PLANS:
May 16 - Flight arrives at 5:00p.m. will transfer to Hotel Plaka. Explore Plaka area then bed.
May 17 - Explore Athens - sleep Athens
May 18 - (Friday) - Get car - Head to Delphi - see Delphi and Museum - sleep
May 19 - (Saturday) Leave in a.m. for Meteora.(try to visit 1 or 2 monestaries that
May 20 - (Sunday) - Morning visits to monestaries. Drive back to Athens and
sleep Athens (Plaka Hotel)
May 21 - Monday -sightsee more of Athens - get to Pireas by 2:00.
Is this schedule crazy? Can one visit Delphi and Meteora in less time? Should we skip Delphi and just do Meteora?
If we do do this schedule, is visiting Delphi first the right sequence? Why? The above outline is pretty much the same as Fantasy Travel and also Key Tours.
How difficult is the drive? Will we have trouble getting in and out or Athens?
Are we shortchanging ourselves with the time allotted for Athens?
Hotel recs for Delphi and Meteora. Meteora really intrigues me so hope we can visit on this trip. Will NEVER get back to Greece. We are Seniors!
Thanks so much for any imput!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 2 UK Itinerary Help Please
- 3 Bouldering in Fountainebleau
- 4 2 weeks Europe trip
- 5 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 6 vegetarian in spain
- 7 Dublin Leap Card
- 8 Garda Land
- 9 To Paris Beauvais? Thursday the 27th am?
- 10 Cordoba Overnight?
- 11 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 12 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 13 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 14 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 15 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 16 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 17 Suggestions on exploring Dublin only for 4 days
- 18 Please help me eat well in Greece!
- 19 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 20 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 21 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 22 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 23 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 24 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 25 mountain views near London