In May, my husband and I and another couple are planning a trip to Greece. We have been to Greece in 1984 at which time we visited Nafplio, Epidaros, Mycaene, and Delphi and had 4 nights in Athens. The other couple have never been to Greece. Since we have never been to Meteora, would this be a good choice for a trip into the countryside?
We will have 5 nights in mainland Greece before boarding our ship for a 7 day Island cruise which ends in Venice where we continue our European fun.
HERE ARE OUR TENTATIVE PLANS:
May 16 - Flight arrives at 5:00p.m. will transfer to Hotel Plaka. Explore Plaka area then bed.
May 17 - Explore Athens - sleep Athens
May 18 - (Friday) - Get car - Head to Delphi - see Delphi and Museum - sleep
May 19 - (Saturday) Leave in a.m. for Meteora.(try to visit 1 or 2 monestaries that
May 20 - (Sunday) - Morning visits to monestaries. Drive back to Athens and
sleep Athens (Plaka Hotel)
May 21 - Monday -sightsee more of Athens - get to Pireas by 2:00.
Is this schedule crazy? Can one visit Delphi and Meteora in less time? Should we skip Delphi and just do Meteora?
If we do do this schedule, is visiting Delphi first the right sequence? Why? The above outline is pretty much the same as Fantasy Travel and also Key Tours.
How difficult is the drive? Will we have trouble getting in and out or Athens?
Are we shortchanging ourselves with the time allotted for Athens?
Hotel recs for Delphi and Meteora. Meteora really intrigues me so hope we can visit on this trip. Will NEVER get back to Greece. We are Seniors!
Thanks so much for any imput!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 신천지 릴 게임 ● 연결 :≫tt349.com≪
- 2 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 3 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 4 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 5 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 6 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 7 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 8 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 9 London 6 day itinerary
- 10 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, aperitivo in Milan, Turin, Piedmont
- 11 Sim Cards
- 12 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 13 London in Winter Report
- 14 Portugal rental car
- 15 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 16 Switzaly 2011: two sisters visit Zurich, Turin and Milan
- 17 IWM
- 18 London Hotel - Different Request
- 19 Seville to Cordoba
- 20 3 nights in Madrid
- 21 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 22 Travelling Iceland
- 23 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 24 Quiet reasonably priced Munich hotel during Oktoberfest
- 25 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples