I'll have about three days in Amsterdam proper and three for day-trips. I'm staying at the Citizen M at the airport Sunday night through Tuesday night, July 26-28, so July 26 and 27 seem like good days for day trips.
Day-trip one, perhaps on a Monday since much of this is walking around and the Zaans Museum is open Mondays: Zaanse Schans, main museum and walk to windmills (I presume I can just see the outside of them); Zaandvort beach; end in Harleem, wander around a little before heading back to Airport. Probably won't see the interior of anything in Harleem but can just at least walk around some into the town and maybe have dinner.
Tuesday: Start in Rotterdam, then the Hague, ending at the Mauritshuis at 6, then quick trip to Scheveningen; then head back to Citizen M Schipol to get bags and move to Citizen M Centraal station.
Wednesday: Centraal Station to Kronen-Muller museum? This seems like an absolute beast to get to on public transport!
This leaves Thursday-Saturday in Amsterdam proper, with at least one of the main museums open quite late those nights, and three consecutive days to consider buying a Museum Card.
Thanks for your thoughts! Am I trying to do too much and not enjoying the beaches? Should I scrap the third daytrip to Kronen-Muller? (Big impressionist art lover here, though)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 3 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 4 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 5 Versailles
- 6 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 7 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 8 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 9 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 10 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 11 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 12 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 13 Meteora for older folk
- 14 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 15 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 16 driving from prague to salzburg
- 17 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 18 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 19 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 20 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 21 Germany train help!
- 22 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 23 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 24 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 25 Sicily