I'll have about three days in Amsterdam proper and three for day-trips. I'm staying at the Citizen M at the airport Sunday night through Tuesday night, July 26-28, so July 26 and 27 seem like good days for day trips.
Day-trip one, perhaps on a Monday since much of this is walking around and the Zaans Museum is open Mondays: Zaanse Schans, main museum and walk to windmills (I presume I can just see the outside of them); Zaandvort beach; end in Harleem, wander around a little before heading back to Airport. Probably won't see the interior of anything in Harleem but can just at least walk around some into the town and maybe have dinner.
Tuesday: Start in Rotterdam, then the Hague, ending at the Mauritshuis at 6, then quick trip to Scheveningen; then head back to Citizen M Schipol to get bags and move to Citizen M Centraal station.
Wednesday: Centraal Station to Kronen-Muller museum? This seems like an absolute beast to get to on public transport!
This leaves Thursday-Saturday in Amsterdam proper, with at least one of the main museums open quite late those nights, and three consecutive days to consider buying a Museum Card.
Thanks for your thoughts! Am I trying to do too much and not enjoying the beaches? Should I scrap the third daytrip to Kronen-Muller? (Big impressionist art lover here, though)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tattoos in Italy
- 2 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 3 London/Edinburgh in a few weeks, what should I get done ahead of time?
- 4 Another Question re Scotland
- 5 Place to stay
- 6 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 7 Charming areas to explore in London
- 8 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 9 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 10 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 11 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 12 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 13 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 14 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 15 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 16 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 17 2 weeks from southern italy
- 18 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 19 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 20 travel around Spain
- 21 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 22 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 23 A base for 5 days in Western Denmark
- 24 credit and debit cards
- 25 Where to stay in Umbria