I'll have about three days in Amsterdam proper and three for day-trips. I'm staying at the Citizen M at the airport Sunday night through Tuesday night, July 26-28, so July 26 and 27 seem like good days for day trips.
Day-trip one, perhaps on a Monday since much of this is walking around and the Zaans Museum is open Mondays: Zaanse Schans, main museum and walk to windmills (I presume I can just see the outside of them); Zaandvort beach; end in Harleem, wander around a little before heading back to Airport. Probably won't see the interior of anything in Harleem but can just at least walk around some into the town and maybe have dinner.
Tuesday: Start in Rotterdam, then the Hague, ending at the Mauritshuis at 6, then quick trip to Scheveningen; then head back to Citizen M Schipol to get bags and move to Citizen M Centraal station.
Wednesday: Centraal Station to Kronen-Muller museum? This seems like an absolute beast to get to on public transport!
This leaves Thursday-Saturday in Amsterdam proper, with at least one of the main museums open quite late those nights, and three consecutive days to consider buying a Museum Card.
Thanks for your thoughts! Am I trying to do too much and not enjoying the beaches? Should I scrap the third daytrip to Kronen-Muller? (Big impressionist art lover here, though)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland Trip Report
- 2 What tips can you give about packing?
- 3 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 4 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 5 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 6 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 7 Cordoba Overnight?
- 8 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 9 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 10 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 11 How the kids age calculated
- 12 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 13 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 14 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 15 Firt time VISA applicant
- 16 Uffizi Phone Number
- 17 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 18 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 19 Aix Provence
- 20 Sintra
- 21 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 22 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 23 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 24 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 25 Marseille vs. Genoa