I am planning a 2 (and a bit) month trip to Europe and would like to have around 13 nights of this trip on the Greek Islands and a final 3 nights in Athens (from where I will fly back home to Melbourne Australia). I will be coming from the south west of Turkey (either from Kas or Fethiye, likely the latter) so will probably focus on the Cyclades islands or. The weeks are likely to be the first two weeks of October.
I am not interesting in partying though a vibrant town with some bars for a few drinks is a good thing.
My main interests would be relaxation, scenic walks/beaches and picturesque towns but this might be all a bit meaningless because that probably covers every island
I have read some information on various islands and here is my itinerary so far but obviously have not been able to read extensively on every island as there are just so many of them.
Ferry from Fethiye Turkey to Rhodes for 2 nights
Crete - 4 nights
Santorini - 3 nights
Naxos - 2 nights
Syros - 2 nights
Athens - 3 nights
Any thoughts on above itinerary? One that occurred to me was to perhaps spend 4 nights in Naxos and goto Syros on a daytrip (and possibly another island on a daytrip).
Also, given October is the start of low season (right?) is there any reliable site for ferry information for scheduling tips. I know that ferry timetables are probably not available yet but other information such as the fequency of ferries likely in low season between certain islands (eg Santorini to Naxos) would be very useful. If not, I guess its a good idea not to book hotels early due to the risk on having to change my plans to cater for the ferry situation.
PS: Before anyone saids it, yes I know seeing the Greek Islands is not seeing Greece My bro in law who is from the Pelopponese has been telling me off about this continually. I do intend to visit Greece properly, just not this time around.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 2 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 3 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 4 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 5 Super Cover For Hertz
- 6 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 7 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 8 4 days itinerary for France
- 9 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 10 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 11 Is it worth it to drive into Positano...& Amalfi Coast by land or sea?
- 12 When to Visit Scotland
- 13 Where to buy Saffron?
- 14 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 15 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 16 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 17 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 18 House Hunting in France
- 19 Itinerary Tweaking
- 20 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 21 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 22 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 23 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 24 Driving in Italy?
- 25 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours