I am planning a 2 (and a bit) month trip to Europe and would like to have around 13 nights of this trip on the Greek Islands and a final 3 nights in Athens (from where I will fly back home to Melbourne Australia). I will be coming from the south west of Turkey (either from Kas or Fethiye, likely the latter) so will probably focus on the Cyclades islands or. The weeks are likely to be the first two weeks of October.
I am not interesting in partying though a vibrant town with some bars for a few drinks is a good thing.
My main interests would be relaxation, scenic walks/beaches and picturesque towns but this might be all a bit meaningless because that probably covers every island
I have read some information on various islands and here is my itinerary so far but obviously have not been able to read extensively on every island as there are just so many of them.
Ferry from Fethiye Turkey to Rhodes for 2 nights
Crete - 4 nights
Santorini - 3 nights
Naxos - 2 nights
Syros - 2 nights
Athens - 3 nights
Any thoughts on above itinerary? One that occurred to me was to perhaps spend 4 nights in Naxos and goto Syros on a daytrip (and possibly another island on a daytrip).
Also, given October is the start of low season (right?) is there any reliable site for ferry information for scheduling tips. I know that ferry timetables are probably not available yet but other information such as the fequency of ferries likely in low season between certain islands (eg Santorini to Naxos) would be very useful. If not, I guess its a good idea not to book hotels early due to the risk on having to change my plans to cater for the ferry situation.
PS: Before anyone saids it, yes I know seeing the Greek Islands is not seeing Greece My bro in law who is from the Pelopponese has been telling me off about this continually. I do intend to visit Greece properly, just not this time around.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 2 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 3 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 4 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 5 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 6 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 7 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 8 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 9 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 10 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 11 First Time Solo Travel info
- 12 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 13 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 14 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 15 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 16 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 17 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 18 Europe in late January
- 19 Northern lights in December
- 20 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 21 Driving Germany to Benelux
- 22 English Countryside
- 23 Puglia or La Langhe
- 24 First time in France
- 25 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania