My sister and I will be in Scandinavia in January 2015 and are planning to spend:
-Two nights in Stockholm
-One night on the Viking Line overnight ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki
-Three nights in Helsinki
What do you think about this? Ideally I wanted to spend three nights in both Stockholm and Helsinki, but time simply doesn't allow it. I basically have five nights to split between Stockholm and Helsinki. I'm very conflicted. I've done a lot of research and it seems as though Stockholm is the nicer city with more to do. However, Helsinki holds a special place in my heart. I nearly went on university exchange there so want to see what I missed out on. There are also many things I want to do in Helsinki (ice swimming, saunas, etc.) but no specific activities that come to mind for Stockholm. I also thought that if we were bored in Helsinki we could take a day trip to Tallinn, Estonia. Viking Line provides two hour ferries between Helsinki and Tallinn.
Just a little disclaimer. We are prepared for the dark and cold. Unfortunately this time of year is the only time we can travel together. I will be 21 at the time and my sister will be 18.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Any information on Stockholm, Helsinki and the overnight ferry between them is much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 2 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 3 Quizz !
- 4 9 Days in Spain
- 5 Pay attention to your watches !
- 6 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 7 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 8 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 9 8 Days in Spain
- 10 Venice/Mestre
- 11 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 12 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 13 car insurance italy
- 14 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 15 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 16 Italy Car Scam
- 17 auto europa or auto europe?
- 18 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 19 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 20 Barcelona alternative
- 21 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 22 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 23 Spanish Medical Providers
- 24 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris