My sister and I will be in Scandinavia in January 2015 and are planning to spend:
-Two nights in Stockholm
-One night on the Viking Line overnight ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki
-Three nights in Helsinki
What do you think about this? Ideally I wanted to spend three nights in both Stockholm and Helsinki, but time simply doesn't allow it. I basically have five nights to split between Stockholm and Helsinki. I'm very conflicted. I've done a lot of research and it seems as though Stockholm is the nicer city with more to do. However, Helsinki holds a special place in my heart. I nearly went on university exchange there so want to see what I missed out on. There are also many things I want to do in Helsinki (ice swimming, saunas, etc.) but no specific activities that come to mind for Stockholm. I also thought that if we were bored in Helsinki we could take a day trip to Tallinn, Estonia. Viking Line provides two hour ferries between Helsinki and Tallinn.
Just a little disclaimer. We are prepared for the dark and cold. Unfortunately this time of year is the only time we can travel together. I will be 21 at the time and my sister will be 18.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Any information on Stockholm, Helsinki and the overnight ferry between them is much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 2 With Locals dinner- anyone done one?
- 3 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 7 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 8 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 9 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 10 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 11 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 12 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 13 Ireland in April
- 14 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 15 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 16 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 17 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 18 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 19 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 20 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 21 If you had to choose one......
- 22 getting to CDG
- 23 Towersey, London
- 24 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 25 More earthquakes in central Italy