My sister and I will be in Scandinavia in January 2015 and are planning to spend:
-Two nights in Stockholm
-One night on the Viking Line overnight ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki
-Three nights in Helsinki
What do you think about this? Ideally I wanted to spend three nights in both Stockholm and Helsinki, but time simply doesn't allow it. I basically have five nights to split between Stockholm and Helsinki. I'm very conflicted. I've done a lot of research and it seems as though Stockholm is the nicer city with more to do. However, Helsinki holds a special place in my heart. I nearly went on university exchange there so want to see what I missed out on. There are also many things I want to do in Helsinki (ice swimming, saunas, etc.) but no specific activities that come to mind for Stockholm. I also thought that if we were bored in Helsinki we could take a day trip to Tallinn, Estonia. Viking Line provides two hour ferries between Helsinki and Tallinn.
Just a little disclaimer. We are prepared for the dark and cold. Unfortunately this time of year is the only time we can travel together. I will be 21 at the time and my sister will be 18.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Any information on Stockholm, Helsinki and the overnight ferry between them is much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 2 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 3 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 4 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 5 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 6 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 7 Germany family road trip help!
- 8 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 9 Santorini lodging
- 10 Where to stay & what to do in Gran Canaria?
- 11 Barcelona
- 12 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 13 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 14 Prague
- 15 Ischia
- 16 No Periods in British Written English!
- 17 Spain and South of France
- 18 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 19 Overnight at Heathrow
- 20 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 21 France, UK and Ireland
- 22 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 23 Ronda Wine/biking
- 24 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 25 El Pastrami en Madrid