My sister and I will be in Scandinavia in January 2015 and are planning to spend:
-Two nights in Stockholm
-One night on the Viking Line overnight ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki
-Three nights in Helsinki
What do you think about this? Ideally I wanted to spend three nights in both Stockholm and Helsinki, but time simply doesn't allow it. I basically have five nights to split between Stockholm and Helsinki. I'm very conflicted. I've done a lot of research and it seems as though Stockholm is the nicer city with more to do. However, Helsinki holds a special place in my heart. I nearly went on university exchange there so want to see what I missed out on. There are also many things I want to do in Helsinki (ice swimming, saunas, etc.) but no specific activities that come to mind for Stockholm. I also thought that if we were bored in Helsinki we could take a day trip to Tallinn, Estonia. Viking Line provides two hour ferries between Helsinki and Tallinn.
Just a little disclaimer. We are prepared for the dark and cold. Unfortunately this time of year is the only time we can travel together. I will be 21 at the time and my sister will be 18.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Any information on Stockholm, Helsinki and the overnight ferry between them is much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ludwig Castles
- 2 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 3 What tips can you give about packing?
- 4 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 5 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 6 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 7 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 8 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 9 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 10 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 11 2 Months in Sicily
- 12 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 13 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 14 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 15 Hallstatt tour recommendations?
- 16 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 17 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 18 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 19 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 20 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 21 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 22 Short Trip in July
- 23 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 24 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 25 HIking through France for 2 weeks