I will be traveling to Vienna for a conference in late October, and have decided to visit other parts of Austria for 11 days after the conference. Since I will not have time to be a tourist in Vienna until the conference ends, I plan to stay in Vienna three days beyond the conference. Then I plan to go to Salzburg for several days and then use it as a base to visit several of the lake towns in the area (e.g., Bad Ischl, Zell am See). I am torn about where I should go for the last few days - originally I was thinking of going to either Villach or Klagnefurt to see the southern lakes, but now I am wondering if I should go to Innsbruck. I really appreciate your thoughts on my itinerary, especially the end.
Thoughts on Itinerary in Austria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 2 german rail ticket question
- 3 Madrid and London
- 4 Fashion for larger man?
- 5 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 6 Arc de Triumph Question
- 7 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 8 Greek ferries
- 9 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 10 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 11 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 12 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 13 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 14 Prague flea markets
- 15 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 16 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 17 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 18 Pegasus Airlines for domestic flights in Turkey. Luggage?
- 19 Monet in Normandy
- 20 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 21 Genealogy travel in Lithuania?
- 22 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 23 Berlin flea markets during the week???
- 24 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 25 Trieste and Koper