I will be traveling to Vienna for a conference in late October, and have decided to visit other parts of Austria for 11 days after the conference. Since I will not have time to be a tourist in Vienna until the conference ends, I plan to stay in Vienna three days beyond the conference. Then I plan to go to Salzburg for several days and then use it as a base to visit several of the lake towns in the area (e.g., Bad Ischl, Zell am See). I am torn about where I should go for the last few days - originally I was thinking of going to either Villach or Klagnefurt to see the southern lakes, but now I am wondering if I should go to Innsbruck. I really appreciate your thoughts on my itinerary, especially the end.
Thoughts on Itinerary in Austria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 2 one last portugal car rental question
- 3 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 4 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 5 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 6 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 7 Europe in 21 days
- 8 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 9 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 10 Street food in Turkey
- 11 Dublin Hostels
- 12 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 13 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 14 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 15 Spain Questions
- 16 9 days in turkey
- 17 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 18 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 19 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 20 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 21 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 22 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 23 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 24 Mont St Michel
- 25 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland