I will be traveling to Vienna for a conference in late October, and have decided to visit other parts of Austria for 11 days after the conference. Since I will not have time to be a tourist in Vienna until the conference ends, I plan to stay in Vienna three days beyond the conference. Then I plan to go to Salzburg for several days and then use it as a base to visit several of the lake towns in the area (e.g., Bad Ischl, Zell am See). I am torn about where I should go for the last few days - originally I was thinking of going to either Villach or Klagnefurt to see the southern lakes, but now I am wondering if I should go to Innsbruck. I really appreciate your thoughts on my itinerary, especially the end.
Thoughts on Itinerary in Austria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 2 First time touring Europe
- 3 Athens to Delphi and Meteora, better off driving or tour bus?
- 4 big family in Ireland
- 5 Barcelona & Mallorca: Bon Dia
- 6 An Elegant Caribbean Treasure Wedding Decor Theme
- 7 Debit card with 6 digit pin
- 8 Ireland: Need help deciding about maps and SIM card
- 9 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 10 UK for 10 days with 9 and 13 year old
- 11 Istanbul Itinerary
- 12 London - Site List Triage -
- 13 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 14 Santorini transportation
- 15 How to get from Pula to Ljubljana in the evening at night?
- 16 Day Tours in Croatia, Slovenia that you can recommend?
- 17 Restaurants In Istanbul, Urgup, Ephesus and Alacati
- 18 Need help on best 7 day Istanbul / Cappadocia end of April itinerary
- 19 Cheapest, easiest way to get from Ljubljana to Zurich?
- 20 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 21 Bus Tours in Scotland???
- 22 London neighborhood suggestions
- 23 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 24 Restaurants in Spain
- 25 What to wear