I will be traveling to Vienna for a conference in late October, and have decided to visit other parts of Austria for 11 days after the conference. Since I will not have time to be a tourist in Vienna until the conference ends, I plan to stay in Vienna three days beyond the conference. Then I plan to go to Salzburg for several days and then use it as a base to visit several of the lake towns in the area (e.g., Bad Ischl, Zell am See). I am torn about where I should go for the last few days - originally I was thinking of going to either Villach or Klagnefurt to see the southern lakes, but now I am wondering if I should go to Innsbruck. I really appreciate your thoughts on my itinerary, especially the end.
Thoughts on Itinerary in Austria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome to Positano
- 2 Help with driving suggestions in Delphi.
- 3 family of 5 travelling London to Vienna
- 4 help and advice
- 5 Where to stay in Paris - first time young, solo female
- 6 Is it a bad time to go?
- 7 4 days in the Yonne (Burgundy) with kids - itinerary suggestions?
- 8 French Etiquette! "Bonjour Madame or Bonjour Monsieur!
- 9 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 10 Any opinions on the Scilly Isles? Penzance? Need a car?
- 11 VALI DI RAGUSA
- 12 Florence/ Tuscany Wine
- 13 Greek Island honeymoon
- 14 Lake Como -> Milan -> Last Supper; ferry,train,bus?? Help needed
- 15 EUROPE IN 5 MONTHS
- 16 DCC on the increase?
- 17 Croatian Itenerary Help
- 18 2 week trip -Peloponnese, Greece
- 19 Need help with Normandy & Loire Valley itinerary + extra days
- 20 Naples and Salerno
- 21 Sorrento-Positano ferry schedules
- 22 Phone options - Sweden, Norway, Iceland
- 23 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 24 Need suggestions for day trips in Provence
- 25 Lesson Learned - Speeding In France