I will be traveling to Vienna for a conference in late October, and have decided to visit other parts of Austria for 11 days after the conference. Since I will not have time to be a tourist in Vienna until the conference ends, I plan to stay in Vienna three days beyond the conference. Then I plan to go to Salzburg for several days and then use it as a base to visit several of the lake towns in the area (e.g., Bad Ischl, Zell am See). I am torn about where I should go for the last few days - originally I was thinking of going to either Villach or Klagnefurt to see the southern lakes, but now I am wondering if I should go to Innsbruck. I really appreciate your thoughts on my itinerary, especially the end.
Thoughts on Itinerary in Austria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 2 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 3 London 2nd time around
- 4 What to wear
- 5 Hotel recommendations for Trieste
- 6 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 7 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 8 Feedback regarding Jay Way Travel
- 9 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 10 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 11 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 12 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 13 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 14 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 15 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 16 Rovinj, Croatia
- 17 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 18 Paris November 2014
- 19 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 20 Traveling in France by train
- 21 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 22 Unique Venice Activity
- 23 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 24 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 25 Mykonos Hotels and Ferry Service to Santorini--need suggestions!