We are currently contemplating our honeymoon this September/early October. It will be for almost three weeks.
At the moment we are thinking Sicily and Calabria – what do people think of this option? Initial thoughts based on my limited research produced something like this:
Fly into Catania or Palermo.
Taormina (6 days);
Aeolian Islands (6 days);
Tropea (8 days – use as a base and do day trips by rental car).
We are conscious of not wanting to move around too much. Our interests are nice beaches, picturesque, non-touristy villages, food and wine and some nightlife (Catania, Reggio Calabria??).
I am aware that we are not staying anywhere in the West of Sicily – should we try and make it over there? It is likely that we will be flying in to Palermo so perhaps it would make sense to start with 3 or 4 nights on the West and then cut back a night for each of our other locations. If so, where would people recommend in the West?
I believe the weather should still be in the mid-20s in late September and early October – is this the case?
Thanks a mil in advance!!
Thoughts on honeymoon in Sicily and Calabria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 2 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 3 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 4 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 5 Estonia Amber
- 6 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 7 Tight Planning?
- 8 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 9 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 10 What are the best places to see in England
- 11 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 12 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 13 Villa rental suggestions in Umbira or Positano please
- 14 Travel with Teens
- 15 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 16 Personal recommendations where to stay for family of 5 in Sorrento
- 17 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 18 One week in Venice - trips
- 19 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 20 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 21 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 22 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 23 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 24 UK for 12 days !
- 25 Italy