We are currently contemplating our honeymoon this September/early October. It will be for almost three weeks.
At the moment we are thinking Sicily and Calabria – what do people think of this option? Initial thoughts based on my limited research produced something like this:
Fly into Catania or Palermo.
Taormina (6 days);
Aeolian Islands (6 days);
Tropea (8 days – use as a base and do day trips by rental car).
We are conscious of not wanting to move around too much. Our interests are nice beaches, picturesque, non-touristy villages, food and wine and some nightlife (Catania, Reggio Calabria??).
I am aware that we are not staying anywhere in the West of Sicily – should we try and make it over there? It is likely that we will be flying in to Palermo so perhaps it would make sense to start with 3 or 4 nights on the West and then cut back a night for each of our other locations. If so, where would people recommend in the West?
I believe the weather should still be in the mid-20s in late September and early October – is this the case?
Thanks a mil in advance!!
Thoughts on honeymoon in Sicily and Calabria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels that we found special
- 2 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 3 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 4 Too many Trip Reports
- 5 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 6 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 7 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 8 Great London Bars with a view
- 9 Art in Paris
- 10 I dream of Europe
- 11 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 12 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 13 Rental car while in Ireland
- 14 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 15 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 16 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 17 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 18 Reykjavik hotels
- 19 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 20 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 21 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 22 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 23 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 24 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 25 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?