We are currently contemplating our honeymoon this September/early October. It will be for almost three weeks.
At the moment we are thinking Sicily and Calabria – what do people think of this option? Initial thoughts based on my limited research produced something like this:
Fly into Catania or Palermo.
Taormina (6 days);
Aeolian Islands (6 days);
Tropea (8 days – use as a base and do day trips by rental car).
We are conscious of not wanting to move around too much. Our interests are nice beaches, picturesque, non-touristy villages, food and wine and some nightlife (Catania, Reggio Calabria??).
I am aware that we are not staying anywhere in the West of Sicily – should we try and make it over there? It is likely that we will be flying in to Palermo so perhaps it would make sense to start with 3 or 4 nights on the West and then cut back a night for each of our other locations. If so, where would people recommend in the West?
I believe the weather should still be in the mid-20s in late September and early October – is this the case?
Thanks a mil in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 2 Trains from Granada
- 3 Driving from San Sebastian to La Rioja to Bilbao
- 4 Too much for one day in Munich?
- 5 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 6 3/4/ days South of France
- 7 Ten day tour of Assisi and Umbria during Candelmaggio
- 8 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 9 Florence and Rome
- 10 Need itinerary help for self-drive or tour from Cavan to N. Ireland
- 11 Pickpocketing prevention tip
- 12 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 13 Train Route Help! France, Spain, Italy & Switzerland
- 14 Switzerland Hotels
- 15 Bosch Parade
- 16 NY Times goes to Sicily!
- 17 Alhambra
- 18 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 19 Do we stay in Montalcino or Chianti or Both?
- 20 Living on € 2500 monthly
- 21 Amalfi October 16-25
- 22 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 23 The Great Grotte Question: Clamouse or Demoiselles
- 24 Portugal, What did you love there ?
- 25 21 nights in England, please help