We are currently contemplating our honeymoon this September/early October. It will be for almost three weeks.
At the moment we are thinking Sicily and Calabria – what do people think of this option? Initial thoughts based on my limited research produced something like this:
Fly into Catania or Palermo.
Taormina (6 days);
Aeolian Islands (6 days);
Tropea (8 days – use as a base and do day trips by rental car).
We are conscious of not wanting to move around too much. Our interests are nice beaches, picturesque, non-touristy villages, food and wine and some nightlife (Catania, Reggio Calabria??).
I am aware that we are not staying anywhere in the West of Sicily – should we try and make it over there? It is likely that we will be flying in to Palermo so perhaps it would make sense to start with 3 or 4 nights on the West and then cut back a night for each of our other locations. If so, where would people recommend in the West?
I believe the weather should still be in the mid-20s in late September and early October – is this the case?
Thanks a mil in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are you interested in visiting Iceland or you already have?
- 2 Trains in Italy
- 3 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 4 Georgia in 4 days
- 5 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 6 Where should I go with my family?
- 7 First Solo Adventure
- 8 First Solo Adventure
- 9 Alitala
- 10 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 11 PARIS
- 12 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 13 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 14 Crete Holiday
- 15 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 16 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 17 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 18 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 19 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 20 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 21 Stu Tower
- 22 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 23 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 24 Tour or self drive Douro?
- 25 Which Hotel in Rome