We are currently contemplating our honeymoon this September/early October. It will be for almost three weeks.
At the moment we are thinking Sicily and Calabria – what do people think of this option? Initial thoughts based on my limited research produced something like this:
Fly into Catania or Palermo.
Taormina (6 days);
Aeolian Islands (6 days);
Tropea (8 days – use as a base and do day trips by rental car).
We are conscious of not wanting to move around too much. Our interests are nice beaches, picturesque, non-touristy villages, food and wine and some nightlife (Catania, Reggio Calabria??).
I am aware that we are not staying anywhere in the West of Sicily – should we try and make it over there? It is likely that we will be flying in to Palermo so perhaps it would make sense to start with 3 or 4 nights on the West and then cut back a night for each of our other locations. If so, where would people recommend in the West?
I believe the weather should still be in the mid-20s in late September and early October – is this the case?
Thanks a mil in advance!!
Thoughts on honeymoon in Sicily and Calabria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 flea markets in France
- 2 Monet in Normandy
- 3 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 4 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 5 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 6 Tipping in Greece
- 7 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 8 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 9 American electrical gadgets
- 10 Honeymooning in Europe
- 11 two weeks 8/4 and 8/11
- 12 What to wear
- 13 Traveling in France by train
- 14 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 15 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 16 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 17 Ten days in Portugal - what are your favorites?
- 18 Piri-Piri, Pastel de Nata and Port…Perfectly Portugal
- 19 London neighborhood suggestions
- 20 seven days in Portugal
- 21 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 22 Eating in France-two new books
- 23 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 24 Spain tips beyond safety
- 25 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets