We are currently contemplating our honeymoon this September/early October. It will be for almost three weeks.
At the moment we are thinking Sicily and Calabria – what do people think of this option? Initial thoughts based on my limited research produced something like this:
Fly into Catania or Palermo.
Taormina (6 days);
Aeolian Islands (6 days);
Tropea (8 days – use as a base and do day trips by rental car).
We are conscious of not wanting to move around too much. Our interests are nice beaches, picturesque, non-touristy villages, food and wine and some nightlife (Catania, Reggio Calabria??).
I am aware that we are not staying anywhere in the West of Sicily – should we try and make it over there? It is likely that we will be flying in to Palermo so perhaps it would make sense to start with 3 or 4 nights on the West and then cut back a night for each of our other locations. If so, where would people recommend in the West?
I believe the weather should still be in the mid-20s in late September and early October – is this the case?
Thanks a mil in advance!!
Thoughts on honeymoon in Sicily and Calabria
- 1 Brive - drop off point for Avis
- 2 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 3 What the heck- purchased italian train tickets for wrong date!
- 4 Rome weather forecast right now-is anyone there?
- 5 2 Week Italy Honeymoon Itinerary Review
- 6 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 7 jungfraujoch mid june
- 8 Turkey to Greece: Rental Car ?s
- 9 Scotland. Cawdor Castle , Inverness
- 10 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 11 I Need To Vent!
- 12 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 13 Balloon rides in Swiss
- 14 Anyone heard of or used a hotel booking site called Olotels?
- 15 6 Weeks Traveling Around: Italy, Austria, Budapest, Paris
- 16 car rental agency near train station in Firenze
- 17 Lake Como & Venice - must sees, dos and eats??
- 18 Burano - best day of week to visit
- 19 Munich Hotels near train station downtown
- 20 Vienna State Opera - possible for adult and child to switch seats?
- 21 Rome Itineray - I've done most of my homework; Needs fine tuning!
- 22 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 23 Accommodation in Lauterbrunnen
- 24 Ghent Alterpiece Moved?
- 25 Help with Sept. itinerary going north from Dublin