I was thinking about traveling to Turkey (mainly Istanbul) at the end of this year and had a question surrounding "safety." I guess mainly my question has to do around the fact that I am "Jewish." I don't practice, I am not religious in the least bit and don't wear the yarmulke or anything, never been to Israel, I'm not a Zionist, or anything like that. I am just "Jewish" by race, whatever that means (because my parents are non-practicing Jews). I have been told by a few middle eastern friends I can even pass for Turkish, Lebanese, or Moroccan too.
However, my main concern though is my surname is pretty famously "Jewish" and some people blame some Zionist stuff on a family bearing my surname. Even though there is a large business with an office in Istanbul with my surname, I still would like to know if it's safe to travel there currently?
I am in love with Turkey even though I've never been there and all I'd like to do is visit and enjoy.
Thinking of Traveling to Turkey - Safety Question
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 2 Best way to get from Brno to Budapest
- 3 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 4 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 5 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 6 Chip but no PIN
- 7 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 8 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 9 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 10 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 11 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 12 Stay near Paris
- 13 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help
- 14 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 15 Oktoberfest reservations
- 16 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 17 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 18 Eurostar booking
- 19 Questions for my German friends
- 20 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 21 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 22 Good neighborhood to stay in Porto
- 23 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 24 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 25 What to wear