I was thinking about traveling to Turkey (mainly Istanbul) at the end of this year and had a question surrounding "safety." I guess mainly my question has to do around the fact that I am "Jewish." I don't practice, I am not religious in the least bit and don't wear the yarmulke or anything, never been to Israel, I'm not a Zionist, or anything like that. I am just "Jewish" by race, whatever that means (because my parents are non-practicing Jews). I have been told by a few middle eastern friends I can even pass for Turkish, Lebanese, or Moroccan too.
However, my main concern though is my surname is pretty famously "Jewish" and some people blame some Zionist stuff on a family bearing my surname. Even though there is a large business with an office in Istanbul with my surname, I still would like to know if it's safe to travel there currently?
I am in love with Turkey even though I've never been there and all I'd like to do is visit and enjoy.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 PASSPORT number changed
- 2 London During Rugby International September 2015
- 3 a starting itinerary
- 4 Edinburg for 24 hous
- 5 England/Scotland in January?
- 6 Touring Rome
- 7 La Rochelle vs Barcelona
- 8 Lake Bled, Slovenia by Train
- 9 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 10 Sicily itinerary advice please
- 11 Hotels in Vienna
- 12 Anyone ever been to Minsk, Belarus?
- 13 Free Aerosmith and John Newman gigs in Moscow
- 14 Germany at Christmas
- 15 overnight ferries?
- 16 Bratislava to Budapest by Car May 2016
- 17 Budapest main train station status
- 18 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 19 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 20 Frankfurt Airport and Train Question
- 21 Seine river cruise help
- 22 So So Excited for Greece trip!
- 23 Packing for Croatia Sept-Oct - Just getting started
- 24 London theatre
- 25 What to do in Dublin/ Waterford in 1 day