I was thinking about traveling to Turkey (mainly Istanbul) at the end of this year and had a question surrounding "safety." I guess mainly my question has to do around the fact that I am "Jewish." I don't practice, I am not religious in the least bit and don't wear the yarmulke or anything, never been to Israel, I'm not a Zionist, or anything like that. I am just "Jewish" by race, whatever that means (because my parents are non-practicing Jews). I have been told by a few middle eastern friends I can even pass for Turkish, Lebanese, or Moroccan too.
However, my main concern though is my surname is pretty famously "Jewish" and some people blame some Zionist stuff on a family bearing my surname. Even though there is a large business with an office in Istanbul with my surname, I still would like to know if it's safe to travel there currently?
I am in love with Turkey even though I've never been there and all I'd like to do is visit and enjoy.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 파워볼 ≪ 접속주소 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Germany-Car or Train
- 3 People visiting Slovenia
- 4 Brussels flower tapestry
- 5 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 6 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 7 Lake Como,Italy
- 8 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 9 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 10 Valencia Spain
- 11 Language to use in Belgium
- 12 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 13 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 14 Visiting Zurich
- 15 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 16 Places to visit from Zurich
- 17 SURPRISE TRIP
- 18 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 19 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 20 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 21 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 22 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 23 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 24 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 25 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon