I'm splitting my posts by city in hope that future reader can find the information easier.
We will spend 3 nights in Venice (arrive 10AM Oct 12 via Thello train and leaving morning Oct 15 for the US). I know it's not a lot of time especially this is our first time in Venice. Hope this will just be the first deposit for future trips
We are looking for more information/specificity for the below items. Any suggestion/pointer is appreciated:
1. Lodging: given the short time, we would like to stay in the center near most of the attractions. Our price range is ~120-160 EUR. Which area we should stay in? Which hotel?
3. Sight: We probably will spend most time around the Canal and Piazza San Marco. Do you have any additional suggestion?
4. Tour: Do you know any good tour that take us though major landmarks and probably a cruise on the Canal?
5. Food: We want to try local food ($$ midrange) and probably one nice romantic dinner. We are open to Venice and/or other region of Italian cooking
6. Language: We don't know Italian. Can you recommend a phrase book or even better a phone app that can help ?
Did we miss any "must" item?
Thank you in advance for all your help,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacation near Amsterdam
- 2 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 3 help with 21 days-croatia
- 4 Luggage on trains/security?
- 5 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 6 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 7 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 8 The Rain in Spain and more
- 9 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 10 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 11 Travelling in October need some guidance
- 12 I'm Croatian, ask me anything!
- 13 Family Trip to Copenhagen, Norwegian Fjords, Sweden Schedule?
- 14 The DCC scam is spreading
- 15 London Paris
- 16 Large luggage lockers at Gare du Nord
- 17 Need accommodation advice for staying in central London
- 18 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 19 What clothes?
- 20 Cheap SIM cards for iPhones in Paris
- 21 Going to Den Bosch to See the Bosch Exhibit?
- 22 Advice for Florence & Rome with Baby
- 23 Car to Heathrow: what time to order?
- 24 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 25 GPS vs Google Maps