I'm splitting my posts by city in hope that future reader can find the information easier.
We will spend 3 nights in Venice (arrive 10AM Oct 12 via Thello train and leaving morning Oct 15 for the US). I know it's not a lot of time especially this is our first time in Venice. Hope this will just be the first deposit for future trips
We are looking for more information/specificity for the below items. Any suggestion/pointer is appreciated:
1. Lodging: given the short time, we would like to stay in the center near most of the attractions. Our price range is ~120-160 EUR. Which area we should stay in? Which hotel?
3. Sight: We probably will spend most time around the Canal and Piazza San Marco. Do you have any additional suggestion?
4. Tour: Do you know any good tour that take us though major landmarks and probably a cruise on the Canal?
5. Food: We want to try local food ($$ midrange) and probably one nice romantic dinner. We are open to Venice and/or other region of Italian cooking
6. Language: We don't know Italian. Can you recommend a phrase book or even better a phone app that can help ?
Did we miss any "must" item?
Thank you in advance for all your help,
There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal Trip
- 2 CROATIA - Split to Hvar Island ???
- 3 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 4 Southern Spain
- 5 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 6 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 7 Short notice for input needed for Munich, Vienna, Prague and Berlin
- 8 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 9 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 10 Spain traffic tickets
- 11 Reputable Tours
- 12 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 13 Easter Itinerary Advice, Rome, Parma, Venice, Stresa, Grindelwald
- 14 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 15 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 16 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 17 Best Location to Stay in Barcelona
- 18 Our first Europe Trip Planning
- 19 Sweet Home Triana: Spring Break in Seville's left bank
- 20 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 21 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 22 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 23 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 24 Euro Trivia quiz #11 - Know Your Bordering Countries?
- 25 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany