I'm splitting my posts by city in hope that future reader can find the information easier.
We will spend 3 nights in Venice (arrive 10AM Oct 12 via Thello train and leaving morning Oct 15 for the US). I know it's not a lot of time especially this is our first time in Venice. Hope this will just be the first deposit for future trips
We are looking for more information/specificity for the below items. Any suggestion/pointer is appreciated:
1. Lodging: given the short time, we would like to stay in the center near most of the attractions. Our price range is ~120-160 EUR. Which area we should stay in? Which hotel?
3. Sight: We probably will spend most time around the Canal and Piazza San Marco. Do you have any additional suggestion?
4. Tour: Do you know any good tour that take us though major landmarks and probably a cruise on the Canal?
5. Food: We want to try local food ($$ midrange) and probably one nice romantic dinner. We are open to Venice and/or other region of Italian cooking
6. Language: We don't know Italian. Can you recommend a phrase book or even better a phone app that can help ?
Did we miss any "must" item?
Thank you in advance for all your help,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Laundry - Ireland?
- 2 European countries thst could use some hospitality lessons.
- 3 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 4 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 5 France to stop making foie grois
- 6 AVE train tickets questions.
- 7 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 8 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 9 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 10 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 11 Rome to Positano
- 12 Day trips from Uzes
- 13 How best to spend a day in Tallinn
- 14 Naples or Genoa
- 15 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 16 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 17 Traveling with medication in bulk
- 18 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 19 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 20 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 21 Swimming in 17th century fountains in Rome
- 22 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 23 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 24 Interlaken-Lucerne Express 19th July- reservation required??
- 25 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25