I'm splitting my posts by city in hope that future reader can find the information easier.
We will spend 3 nights in Venice (arrive 10AM Oct 12 via Thello train and leaving morning Oct 15 for the US). I know it's not a lot of time especially this is our first time in Venice. Hope this will just be the first deposit for future trips
We are looking for more information/specificity for the below items. Any suggestion/pointer is appreciated:
1. Lodging: given the short time, we would like to stay in the center near most of the attractions. Our price range is ~120-160 EUR. Which area we should stay in? Which hotel?
3. Sight: We probably will spend most time around the Canal and Piazza San Marco. Do you have any additional suggestion?
4. Tour: Do you know any good tour that take us though major landmarks and probably a cruise on the Canal?
5. Food: We want to try local food ($$ midrange) and probably one nice romantic dinner. We are open to Venice and/or other region of Italian cooking
6. Language: We don't know Italian. Can you recommend a phrase book or even better a phone app that can help ?
Did we miss any "must" item?
Thank you in advance for all your help,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 2 Tour groups
- 3 Driving in Italy?
- 4 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 5 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 6 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 7 Luggage Storage at Barcelona Port
- 8 Super Cover For Hertz
- 9 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 10 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 11 Baby Milk
- 12 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 13 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 14 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 15 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 16 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 17 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 18 Hotel in Vienna
- 19 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 20 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 21 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 22 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 23 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 24 9 days and nights in Switzerland
- 25 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia