I'm splitting my posts by city in hope that future reader can find the information easier.
We will spend 3 nights in Venice (arrive 10AM Oct 12 via Thello train and leaving morning Oct 15 for the US). I know it's not a lot of time especially this is our first time in Venice. Hope this will just be the first deposit for future trips
We are looking for more information/specificity for the below items. Any suggestion/pointer is appreciated:
1. Lodging: given the short time, we would like to stay in the center near most of the attractions. Our price range is ~120-160 EUR. Which area we should stay in? Which hotel?
3. Sight: We probably will spend most time around the Canal and Piazza San Marco. Do you have any additional suggestion?
4. Tour: Do you know any good tour that take us though major landmarks and probably a cruise on the Canal?
5. Food: We want to try local food ($$ midrange) and probably one nice romantic dinner. We are open to Venice and/or other region of Italian cooking
6. Language: We don't know Italian. Can you recommend a phrase book or even better a phone app that can help ?
Did we miss any "must" item?
Thank you in advance for all your help,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 2 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 3 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 4 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 5 K-Day
- 6 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 7 ATM at airport
- 8 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 9 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 10 Flat in London
- 11 Lay over time
- 12 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 13 Sundays in Puglia
- 14 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 15 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 16 Greek Islands (small)
- 17 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 18 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 19 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 20 Spain in December
- 21 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 22 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 23 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 24 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 25 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe