I'm splitting my posts by city in hope that future reader can find the information easier.
We will spend 3 nights in Venice (arrive 10AM Oct 12 via Thello train and leaving morning Oct 15 for the US). I know it's not a lot of time especially this is our first time in Venice. Hope this will just be the first deposit for future trips
We are looking for more information/specificity for the below items. Any suggestion/pointer is appreciated:
1. Lodging: given the short time, we would like to stay in the center near most of the attractions. Our price range is ~120-160 EUR. Which area we should stay in? Which hotel?
3. Sight: We probably will spend most time around the Canal and Piazza San Marco. Do you have any additional suggestion?
4. Tour: Do you know any good tour that take us though major landmarks and probably a cruise on the Canal?
5. Food: We want to try local food ($$ midrange) and probably one nice romantic dinner. We are open to Venice and/or other region of Italian cooking
6. Language: We don't know Italian. Can you recommend a phrase book or even better a phone app that can help ?
Did we miss any "must" item?
Thank you in advance for all your help,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 2 First time in France
- 3 Planning stages of trip to Andalusia
- 4 English Countryside
- 5 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 6 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 7 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 8 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 9 Vienna or Budapest?
- 10 Rome
- 11 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 12 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 13 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 14 Munich
- 15 Need help in travel planning
- 16 Paris---baguette question???
- 17 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 18 Portugal itinerary help
- 19 Puglia or La Langhe
- 20 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 21 Booking hotels before trains
- 22 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 23 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 24 Visiting Spain in January
- 25 Italy/Greece with kids