We will spend 3 nights in Paris (arrive 3PM Oct 8 and leaving evening Oct 11). I know it's not a lot of time especially this is our first time in Paris (we want to get a taste of London, Paris, Venice this time and hopefully we'll be back to explore more in future year).
We are looking for more information/specificity for the below items. Any suggestion/pointer is appreciated:
1. Lodging: given the short time, we would like to stay in the center near most of the attractions. Our price range is ~120-160 EUR. Which area we should stay in? Which hotel?
2. Can we just take a taxi from Gare Du Nord to the hotel?
3. Sight: We plan to visit the Seine, Eiffel tower, Notre-Dame Cathedral, Arc De Triomphe, and the Louvre. Do you have any additional suggestion?
4. Tour: Do you know any good tour that take us though major landmarks and probably a cruise on the Seine?
5. Food: We will probably eat mostly at cafes. Also want a nicer romantic dinner. Do you know of a good restaurant?
6. Language: We don't know French. Can you recommend a phrase book or even better a phone app that can help ?
Did we miss any "must" item?
Thank you in advance for all your help,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Coast to Barcelona
- 2 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 3 Travel vs. Babies
- 4 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 5 Eastern Provence, French Alps, Nice
- 6 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 7 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 8 European Cooking Secrets
- 9 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 10 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 11 Basque country ideas
- 12 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 13 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 14 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 15 First trip to Italy
- 16 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 17 Bruges to Paris Train Questions
- 18 Planning and Logistics Amsterdam, Lakes district and scotland
- 19 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 20 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 21 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 22 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 23 20 Days in Europe
- 24 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 25 10 days in Ireland! Ready? Shoot.