We will spend 3 nights in Paris (arrive 3PM Oct 8 and leaving evening Oct 11). I know it's not a lot of time especially this is our first time in Paris (we want to get a taste of London, Paris, Venice this time and hopefully we'll be back to explore more in future year).
We are looking for more information/specificity for the below items. Any suggestion/pointer is appreciated:
1. Lodging: given the short time, we would like to stay in the center near most of the attractions. Our price range is ~120-160 EUR. Which area we should stay in? Which hotel?
2. Can we just take a taxi from Gare Du Nord to the hotel?
3. Sight: We plan to visit the Seine, Eiffel tower, Notre-Dame Cathedral, Arc De Triomphe, and the Louvre. Do you have any additional suggestion?
4. Tour: Do you know any good tour that take us though major landmarks and probably a cruise on the Seine?
5. Food: We will probably eat mostly at cafes. Also want a nicer romantic dinner. Do you know of a good restaurant?
6. Language: We don't know French. Can you recommend a phrase book or even better a phone app that can help ?
Did we miss any "must" item?
Thank you in advance for all your help,
There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 2 Stansted Express or National Express - which is better?
- 3 Greece after the Vote
- 4 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 5 rail pass
- 6 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 7 Great restaurants in Italy
- 8 One day in Paris, Looking for a great Full day tour.
- 9 Age for booking a hotel?
- 10 Germany for 3 weeks
- 11 9 days; 1or 2 home bases for relaxing, sightseeing and nightlife in Italy
- 12 The Vatican Latest
- 13 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 14 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 15 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 16 April in Madrid
- 17 Mona Lisa Discovered
- 18 Help Plan Our Trip !
- 19 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 20 Renting an apt.
- 21 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 22 Need help on almost 3 weeks in Ireland: itinerary
- 23 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 24 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece
- 25 Germany and Switzerland