We will spend 3 nights in London (arrive 11AM Oct 5 and leaving Noon Oct 8). It's not a lot of time especially this is our first time (we want to get a taste of London, Paris, Venice this time and hopefully we'll be back to explore more in future year).
We are looking for more information/specificity for the below items. Any suggestion/pointer is appreciated:
1. Lodging: given the short time, we would like to stay in the center near most of the attractions. Our price range is ~120-160 EUR. Which area we should stay in? Which hotel?
2. What's the best option to get from LHR to the city?
3. Sight: Buckingham Palace, London Eye, St Paul's Cathedral, Tower of London. Do you have any additional suggestion?
4. Tour: We'd like to do an evening cruise on the Thame. Do you know any good tour that take us though major landmarks
5. Food: We want to stop by a pub. Also want a nicer romantic dinner. Do you know a good restaurant?
Did we miss any "must" item?
Thank you in advance for all your help,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 2 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 3 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 4 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 5 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 6 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 7 2 weeks from southern italy
- 8 Another Question re Scotland
- 9 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 10 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 11 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 12 travel around Spain
- 13 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 14 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 15 A base for 5 days in Western Denmark
- 16 credit and debit cards
- 17 Where to stay in Umbria
- 18 Mosel & Ahr wine tasting visit for 4 nights
- 19 ENGLAND-SCTOLAND-FRANCE-need help travelling solo
- 20 First Trip to Ireland
- 21 Dalmation coast in October?
- 22 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 23 Confused on which train pass
- 24 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 25 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)