Have been waiting to book for our family on the Paris - Venice night train in mid-December.
Bookings are only currently available to 7th December.
Despite indications that should be able to book 90 days in advance, the website has previously been indicating that the next lot of dates would be available from mid-October - it is now indicating the the date we want (need!!) will now be available at the end of October.
I presume this is something to do with the winter schedule applying from early December, but it's starting to make me a little nervous - there are 5 of us travelling, so we really need a courchette (6 beds) to ourselves - certainly don't want the family split up all over the train!
I guess this means I need to be checking regularly and ready to grab tix as soon as they are available.
The alternative is to grab some easyjet tix, and organise an extra night of accommodation in Venice.
Does anyone have experience with Thello and know if this is "normal" or should I be starting to seriously look at my alternatives?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece or Spain in late November - December with a baby
- 2 A few more questions about Brittany
- 3 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 4 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 5 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 6 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 7 Airports in France - help with transport between them
- 8 Sweet villages to base in La Rioja
- 9 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 10 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 11 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 12 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 13 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 14 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 15 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 16 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 17 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence
- 18 Late December in eastern France / western Germany—where to go?
- 19 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 20 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 21 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 22 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 23 4 days each in London and Paris
- 24 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 25 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!