Have been waiting to book for our family on the Paris - Venice night train in mid-December.
Bookings are only currently available to 7th December.
Despite indications that should be able to book 90 days in advance, the website has previously been indicating that the next lot of dates would be available from mid-October - it is now indicating the the date we want (need!!) will now be available at the end of October.
I presume this is something to do with the winter schedule applying from early December, but it's starting to make me a little nervous - there are 5 of us travelling, so we really need a courchette (6 beds) to ourselves - certainly don't want the family split up all over the train!
I guess this means I need to be checking regularly and ready to grab tix as soon as they are available.
The alternative is to grab some easyjet tix, and organise an extra night of accommodation in Venice.
Does anyone have experience with Thello and know if this is "normal" or should I be starting to seriously look at my alternatives?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 2 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 3 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 4 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 7 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 8 Car rental companies - why so many negative reviews?
- 9 Iceland rental camper company
- 10 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 11 southeast sicily town as home base
- 12 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 13 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 14 Chania
- 15 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 16 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 17 Theoxenia on Santorini
- 18 Spanish food - not that special?
- 19 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 20 Rome travel book, Nice extra
- 21 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 22 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 23 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 24 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 25 Booking Irish Rail ticket