Have been waiting to book for our family on the Paris - Venice night train in mid-December.
Bookings are only currently available to 7th December.
Despite indications that should be able to book 90 days in advance, the website has previously been indicating that the next lot of dates would be available from mid-October - it is now indicating the the date we want (need!!) will now be available at the end of October.
I presume this is something to do with the winter schedule applying from early December, but it's starting to make me a little nervous - there are 5 of us travelling, so we really need a courchette (6 beds) to ourselves - certainly don't want the family split up all over the train!
I guess this means I need to be checking regularly and ready to grab tix as soon as they are available.
The alternative is to grab some easyjet tix, and organise an extra night of accommodation in Venice.
Does anyone have experience with Thello and know if this is "normal" or should I be starting to seriously look at my alternatives?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Denis Cathedral
- 2 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 3 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 Ireland itinerary help please
- 6 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 7 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 8 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 9 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 10 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 11 Paris cooking classes
- 12 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 13 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 14 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 15 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 16 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 17 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 18 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 19 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 20 Ronda Wine/biking
- 21 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 22 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 23 Perugia
- 24 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 25 Booking through Loco2 Train