I'm sharing my trip with you because many of you might not be aware of the walk in northern Spain - traditionally started in St. Jean Pied de Port on the French/Spanish border - which concludes in Santiago de Compostela (Saint James of Santiago.)
I am planning my 2017 walk from Rome to Santiago, and wanted to share my walking trip I made 2 years ago from Prague to Santiago, and then onto the sea at Finisterre:
I don't expect many people to have the luxury of being able to take 3.5 months out of their working lives - if you do then I'd completely recommend this 3,109km walk - but many people walk sections of the Camino and at their own pace.
In all I walked through the Czech Republic, Germany, Switzerland, France and Spain.
The section of the walk in Spain, which is known as the Camino Frances or French Way is the most popular section of the walk and it is a fantastic opportunity to keep fit ( ) meet amazing fellow walkers, and of course to taste the culinary magic of Spain.
My blog is non-commercial and is purely meant to be of help to anyone considering taking the walk, or Camino.
Thanks and Buen Camino!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 2 Sicily
- 3 Versailles
- 4 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 5 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 6 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 7 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 8 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 9 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 10 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 11 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 12 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 13 Train help for Prague
- 14 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 15 Germany train help!
- 16 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 17 Petrol in Greece
- 18 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 19 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 20 Where to enjoy Paris
- 21 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 22 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 23 Meteora for older folk
- 24 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 25 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
The Way of Saint James walk in northern Spain