I'm sharing my trip with you because many of you might not be aware of the walk in northern Spain - traditionally started in St. Jean Pied de Port on the French/Spanish border - which concludes in Santiago de Compostela (Saint James of Santiago.)
I am planning my 2017 walk from Rome to Santiago, and wanted to share my walking trip I made 2 years ago from Prague to Santiago, and then onto the sea at Finisterre:
I don't expect many people to have the luxury of being able to take 3.5 months out of their working lives - if you do then I'd completely recommend this 3,109km walk - but many people walk sections of the Camino and at their own pace.
In all I walked through the Czech Republic, Germany, Switzerland, France and Spain.
The section of the walk in Spain, which is known as the Camino Frances or French Way is the most popular section of the walk and it is a fantastic opportunity to keep fit ( ) meet amazing fellow walkers, and of course to taste the culinary magic of Spain.
My blog is non-commercial and is purely meant to be of help to anyone considering taking the walk, or Camino.
Thanks and Buen Camino!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 2 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 3 Cappadocia in June
- 4 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 5 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 6 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 7 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 8 Ibiiza Spain
- 9 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 10 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 11 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 12 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 13 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 14 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 15 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 16 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 17 3 nights in Madrid
- 18 Help with Ireland Trip
- 19 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 20 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 21 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 22 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 23 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 24 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 25 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
The Way of Saint James walk in northern Spain