I'm sharing my trip with you because many of you might not be aware of the walk in northern Spain - traditionally started in St. Jean Pied de Port on the French/Spanish border - which concludes in Santiago de Compostela (Saint James of Santiago.)
I am planning my 2017 walk from Rome to Santiago, and wanted to share my walking trip I made 2 years ago from Prague to Santiago, and then onto the sea at Finisterre:
I don't expect many people to have the luxury of being able to take 3.5 months out of their working lives - if you do then I'd completely recommend this 3,109km walk - but many people walk sections of the Camino and at their own pace.
In all I walked through the Czech Republic, Germany, Switzerland, France and Spain.
The section of the walk in Spain, which is known as the Camino Frances or French Way is the most popular section of the walk and it is a fantastic opportunity to keep fit ( ) meet amazing fellow walkers, and of course to taste the culinary magic of Spain.
My blog is non-commercial and is purely meant to be of help to anyone considering taking the walk, or Camino.
Thanks and Buen Camino!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 2 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 3 English Countryside
- 4 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 5 If you had to choose one......
- 6 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 7 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 8 Multi-generational 2 wk spain itinerary?
- 9 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 10 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 11 Driving in Italy?
- 12 Hiking in Tirol/Austria
- 13 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 14 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 15 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 16 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 17 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 18 Granada to Madrid
- 19 Croatia
- 20 Croatia trip Planning
- 21 Norway -Trips
- 22 Need help on our Provence trip July 2016
- 23 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
- 24 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 25 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
The Way of Saint James walk in northern Spain