I'm sharing my trip with you because many of you might not be aware of the walk in northern Spain - traditionally started in St. Jean Pied de Port on the French/Spanish border - which concludes in Santiago de Compostela (Saint James of Santiago.)
I am planning my 2017 walk from Rome to Santiago, and wanted to share my walking trip I made 2 years ago from Prague to Santiago, and then onto the sea at Finisterre:
I don't expect many people to have the luxury of being able to take 3.5 months out of their working lives - if you do then I'd completely recommend this 3,109km walk - but many people walk sections of the Camino and at their own pace.
In all I walked through the Czech Republic, Germany, Switzerland, France and Spain.
The section of the walk in Spain, which is known as the Camino Frances or French Way is the most popular section of the walk and it is a fantastic opportunity to keep fit ( ) meet amazing fellow walkers, and of course to taste the culinary magic of Spain.
My blog is non-commercial and is purely meant to be of help to anyone considering taking the walk, or Camino.
Thanks and Buen Camino!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 2 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 3 What tips can you give about packing?
- 4 Murren to Prague
- 5 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 6 Scotland Trip Report
- 7 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 8 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 9 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 10 Cordoba Overnight?
- 11 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 12 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 13 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 14 How the kids age calculated
- 15 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 16 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 17 Firt time VISA applicant
- 18 Uffizi Phone Number
- 19 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 Aix Provence
- 22 Sintra
- 23 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 24 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 25 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
The Way of Saint James walk in northern Spain