I'm sharing my trip with you because many of you might not be aware of the walk in northern Spain - traditionally started in St. Jean Pied de Port on the French/Spanish border - which concludes in Santiago de Compostela (Saint James of Santiago.)
I am planning my 2017 walk from Rome to Santiago, and wanted to share my walking trip I made 2 years ago from Prague to Santiago, and then onto the sea at Finisterre:
I don't expect many people to have the luxury of being able to take 3.5 months out of their working lives - if you do then I'd completely recommend this 3,109km walk - but many people walk sections of the Camino and at their own pace.
In all I walked through the Czech Republic, Germany, Switzerland, France and Spain.
The section of the walk in Spain, which is known as the Camino Frances or French Way is the most popular section of the walk and it is a fantastic opportunity to keep fit ( ) meet amazing fellow walkers, and of course to taste the culinary magic of Spain.
My blog is non-commercial and is purely meant to be of help to anyone considering taking the walk, or Camino.
Thanks and Buen Camino!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting around London
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 Language to use in Belgium
- 4 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 5 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 6 WWI sites
- 7 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 8 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 9 Paris in August
- 10 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 11 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 12 Christmas in Spain
- 13 Germany-Car or Train
- 14 Brussels flower tapestry
- 15 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 16 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 17 Lake Como,Italy
- 18 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 19 Valencia Spain
- 20 Visiting Zurich
- 21 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 22 Places to visit from Zurich
- 23 SURPRISE TRIP
- 24 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 25 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
The Way of Saint James walk in northern Spain