I'm sharing my trip with you because many of you might not be aware of the walk in northern Spain - traditionally started in St. Jean Pied de Port on the French/Spanish border - which concludes in Santiago de Compostela (Saint James of Santiago.)
I am planning my 2017 walk from Rome to Santiago, and wanted to share my walking trip I made 2 years ago from Prague to Santiago, and then onto the sea at Finisterre:
I don't expect many people to have the luxury of being able to take 3.5 months out of their working lives - if you do then I'd completely recommend this 3,109km walk - but many people walk sections of the Camino and at their own pace.
In all I walked through the Czech Republic, Germany, Switzerland, France and Spain.
The section of the walk in Spain, which is known as the Camino Frances or French Way is the most popular section of the walk and it is a fantastic opportunity to keep fit ( ) meet amazing fellow walkers, and of course to taste the culinary magic of Spain.
My blog is non-commercial and is purely meant to be of help to anyone considering taking the walk, or Camino.
Thanks and Buen Camino!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Itinerary - 4.5 days
- 2 Stu Tower
- 3 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 4 hotels in the Eixample district of Barcelona
- 5 Spain or South of France in July 2017?
- 6 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 7 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 8 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 9 Train up the Jungfrau
- 10 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 11 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 12 Drive from MXP to Lake Como (Moltrasio)
- 13 London, Glasgow, and ?
- 14 App for restaurants/pubs in the the UK?
- 15 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 16 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 17 Turin Hotels - Current Offerings
- 18 Madeira-anyone been recently?
- 19 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 20 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 21 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 22 First Trip to Ireland
- 23 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 24 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 25 Laokasti Villa in Oia
The Way of Saint James walk in northern Spain