I'm sharing my trip with you because many of you might not be aware of the walk in northern Spain - traditionally started in St. Jean Pied de Port on the French/Spanish border - which concludes in Santiago de Compostela (Saint James of Santiago.)
I am planning my 2017 walk from Rome to Santiago, and wanted to share my walking trip I made 2 years ago from Prague to Santiago, and then onto the sea at Finisterre:
I don't expect many people to have the luxury of being able to take 3.5 months out of their working lives - if you do then I'd completely recommend this 3,109km walk - but many people walk sections of the Camino and at their own pace.
In all I walked through the Czech Republic, Germany, Switzerland, France and Spain.
The section of the walk in Spain, which is known as the Camino Frances or French Way is the most popular section of the walk and it is a fantastic opportunity to keep fit ( ) meet amazing fellow walkers, and of course to taste the culinary magic of Spain.
My blog is non-commercial and is purely meant to be of help to anyone considering taking the walk, or Camino.
Thanks and Buen Camino!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 2 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 3 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 4 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 5 Lille Braderie 2017
- 6 Europe First Timers
- 7 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 8 Rome or Venice first
- 9 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 10 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 11 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 12 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 13 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 14 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 15 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 16 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 17 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 18 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 19 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 20 Athens Help
- 21 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 22 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 23 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 24 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 25 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
The Way of Saint James walk in northern Spain