When: April 23 - May 10.
Where: London, Salisbury, Bath, Cotswolds, Stratford-upon-Avon, York and Edinburgh.
Overall impression: Wow!
We left from JFK even though we live just south of Baltimore. AA does not have direct flights from nearby airports and past experience with missed connections and delayed luggage made the 4.5 hour drive to JFK seem prudent. Flights were leaving from JFK to Heathrow for the past 36 hours but we kept tuned to the news on the drive up to learn of any changes. Not to worry. Our flight left on time and arrived nearly one hour early. We got through Heathrow easily and wended our way to the tube station dragging our far too much luggage behind us (hey, we were going to rent a car in a few days for most of the rest of the trip, so why not bring lots of stuff - such was DW's thinking). The ticket seller at the tube station advised us that a one day ticket for each of our two days in London would be the best bet. We did get excellent value from that.
Our London Hotel, the Millennium Bailey is just across from the Gloucester tube station. How good is that? Lots of stairs though to reach the surface. As I was schlepping the biggest duffel up the stairs, a well dressed fellow offered to help, and of course I let him, thinking that if he was going to steal it, I would have no trouble catching him. That was a really nice gesture on his part and the first of a long series of just plain decency that we would experience during our travels in the UK. The "friendly virus" has hit Britain and everyone we met was infected.
Even though we were hours early for check-in (it wasn't even breakfast time yet) there was a room that was ready and it was quite nice. The hotel location is excellent. Across from a tube station with 3 lines, a short walk to the V&A museum and the Natural History museum. A quick breakfast near the hotel - there are many eateries nearby - and we were ready to invade London.
Next: Tales of the Crypt.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 2 Naples, Herculaneum and Capri Early April - recommendations
- 3 Cinqueterre
- 4 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 5 San Gimignano area of Italy
- 6 Train from Charles de Gaulle
- 7 카지노사이트【♋( ＫＲ８９６。ＺＥ。ＡＭ )♋】슈퍼카지노
- 8 Bilbo's wedding in Puglia, what could go wrong?
- 9 카지노싸이트【♋( ＫＲ８９６。ＺＥ。ＡＭ )♋】슈퍼카지노
- 10 Fun in the countryside and Tallinn
- 11 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 12 Travel Apps
- 13 카지노싸이트ª＼＼〃〃 ＫＲ８９６。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 〃〃＼＼ª」슈퍼카지
- 14 What is your favorite travel app?
- 15 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 16 라이브카지노【♋( ＫＲ８９６。ＺＥ。ＡＭ )♋】슈퍼카지노
- 17 온라인카지노【♋( ＫＲ８９６。ＺＥ。ＡＭ )♋】슈퍼카지노
- 18 아시안카지노【♋( ＫＲ８９６。ＺＥ。ＡＭ )♋】슈퍼카지노
- 19 월드카지노【♋( ＫＲ８９６。ＺＥ。ＡＭ )♋】슈퍼카지노
- 20 월드카지노ª＼＼〃〃 ＫＲ８９６。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 〃〃＼＼ª」슈퍼카지노
- 21 Transportation Question Italy
- 22 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 23 CDG to Marais transfer
- 24 May get together in Paris
- 25 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
The volcano gods smiled, then frowned. UK citizens endangered
When: April 23 - May 10.