Europe Forums

Post New Topic

Recent Activity

View all Europe activity »
  1. 1 Venice to Croatia
  2. 2 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
  3. 3 Amsterdam in August
  4. 4 Fill 4 or 5 days for me please-Spain
  5. 5 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
  6. 6 Prague-Vienna-Salzburg-Lech-Munich
  7. 7 Trip Report Duttfrisuren. Straighten your face visually
  8. 8 http://www.levantecreamtrial.com/beverly-hills-md-dark-spot-corrector/
  9. 9 Traveling from Vienna to Berlin
  10. 10 Boat ride from Naples to Capri
  11. 11 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
  12. 12 San Sebastian to Cadaques
  13. 13 Venice: Venice: Guided tour for Doge's Palace or Church?
  14. 14 6 x Day Roadtrip in the Andalucia Region
  15. 15 4 weeks in Italy July with children
  16. 16 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
  17. 17 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
  18. 18 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
  19. 19 Istanbul
  20. 20 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
  21. 21 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
  22. 22 Venice worth it? 2 or 3 nights?
  23. 23 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's :)
  24. 24 Iberia Airlines compensation for delayed luggage
  25. 25 Day bike ride from Weissenkirchen to Melk
View next 25 » Back to the top

Trip Report The Shortest European Trip Report Ever!

Jump to last reply

Yesterday afternoon we went to the airport to begin our trip to Italy, Switzerland, Germany, and Spain.

The first leg, the flight from Washington to Montreal was "delayed" (the incoming aircraft hadn't even taken off from its origin by the time it was to arrive in Washington) and then, finally, we were told the flight had been cancelled altogether (weather conditions).

Those lines of passengers snaking back from the gate "podium" where rather disturbing noises are sometimes heard have to be the slowest things on Earth.

What to do? Stay at the airport (it is now 5 PM) until 9 PM and take a flight to Montreal to spend the night in a hotel? Decided against that one.

Come back tomorrow afternoon and try again (but I was warned we could have the same weather problems what with thunder storms being predicted once again).

Alternatives? Come back tomorrow and take an earlier flight to Toronto (circumventing possible afternoon storms) and hang around Pearson for five hours waiting for a flight to Rome Well, at least we can hang around in the Maple Leaf lounge so decided to do that.

E-mailed the hotel in Florence from my cell phone about the delay. Prompt reply of no worries BUT with the reminder that we went beyond the cancellation period so will be charged for the first night regardless.

My response: well since I'm paying FOR that room then I expect it to have been unoccupied by anybody else and that it will be ready when we get there on 2 July. (Stay tuned for the results of that one.) Definitely Goose and 7 time at this point.

My advance on-line purchase of a train ticket Termini-SMN (non-changeable, non-refundable, of course) is lost, (the breaks of the game) and we'll get to play with the ticket machines at Termini while following the ticket machine warnings about absolutely rejecting any and all suspicious and otherwise offers of help.

So, "tomorrow" which is now today we try again.

End of report for now....

123 Replies | Jump to bottom Add a Reply
123 Replies |Back to top

Sign in to comment.

Advertisement