My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 2 I need advice; Spain in August.
- 3 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 4 Gatwick to London in time for 7.30 show? Help!
- 5 Do Franprix or Monoprix stores offer delivery services?
- 6 Oh Italy, What to wear!
- 7 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 8 Europe Tour. Information of any kind.
- 9 Help with Itinerary (specific ?s around Emilia-Romagna, Tuscany, Naples)
- 10 How would you spend 4 nights/3days on Lake Como?
- 11 Scandinavia Trip in August
- 12 Last Supper Tickets Milan
- 13 Honeymoon in Europe Nov-Dec2015
- 14 Cochem or Beilstein
- 15 May 2015 Rome/Florence Trip Report
- 16 Brugges to Bayeux to Versailles
- 17 Need help with packing for a trip to Rome, Cinque Terre and Switzerland
- 18 Angels and Demons
- 19 Venice water buses
- 20 Modifying car rental for new destination
- 21 Stratford-upon-avon in England
- 22 Railpass VS Point-to-Point
- 23 Anyone done the hoho bus tours in Malta?
- 24 Help in Planning Train Schedule Milan/Florence/Rome/Milan
- 25 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today