My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 week trip Turkey
- 2 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 3 What to take to Germany
- 4 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 5 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 6 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 7 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 8 Scotland Trip
- 9 Holiday in Austria
- 10 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 11 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 12 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 13 What one thing in Paris?
- 14 Restaurant Booking sites which one to use, if any, in Spain?
- 15 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 16 Golden sunsets in Tver and Torjor
- 17 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 18 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 19 Paris Under Seige...
- 20 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 21 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 22 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 23 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 24 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 25 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today