My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stores that sell Knorr products in Munich?
- 2 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 3 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 4 3 days to spend in europe
- 5 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 6 Why doesn't anyone talk about staying in the 2nd arr in Paris? Am I blind?
- 7 cell phone companys
- 8 Beaches in Southern France
- 9 Brixen/ Bressanone: ideas for a few days?
- 10 Swinoujscie Ferry Arrival
- 11 Travel between Paris, Normandy and Brugges
- 12 Travel to Karlsrhue
- 13 Budget stay in or around Heidelberg
- 14 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 15 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 16 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 17 Affordable French language course in France?
- 18 Budapest on a budget
- 19 Staying in or around Koblenz?
- 20 Roundabout from "European Vacation" movie?
- 21 Italy in October
- 22 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 23 Vizeat -- Anybody tried it?
- 24 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 25 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today