My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 2 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 3 VISA question
- 4 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 5 France,Spain,Italy
- 6 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 7 Which european city?
- 8 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 9 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 10 Schengen Visa Rules
- 11 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 12 Rome or Stockholm - PLEASE HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND
- 13 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 14 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 15 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 16 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 17 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 18 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 19 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 20 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 21 Scotland November 2015
- 22 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 23 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 24 All Set To Go!!
- 25 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea