My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How many bus/metro rides in Paris is too many in a day?
- 2 Cheap Traveling in Spain
- 3 How long in Venice?
- 4 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 5 Trip report: Milan and Lake Como
- 6 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 7 Travel from Positano to Rome in Sept
- 8 Getting cash in Spain
- 9 Outerwear France Beginning of September
- 10 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 11 Cotswolds village base
- 12 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 13 First Time Going to Europe
- 14 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 15 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 16 Traveling mid-august in UK and Ireland
- 17 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 18 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 19 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 20 International driving permit required in France?
- 21 POLAND October,2013! Overdue trip report
- 22 Hotel in Rome?
- 23 Parisbestlodge Fleur de Lys apt
- 24 Traditional food in Athens
- 25 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca