My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 2 MXP Best Western to "The Last Supper"
- 3 A1 to A12 vs. A14: Which is the easier drive from Sulmona to Mondovi?
- 4 2 month backpacking though europe
- 5 Need Accommodation in Versailles
- 6 1st time in Spain w/ 3 Children 8years and under - Help with itinery please
- 7 Car rental Questions for Italy
- 8 Traveling to Bordeaux
- 9 Preparing for our European Family Trip
- 10 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 11 Looking for add on city
- 12 Peugeot 107--will my luggage be visible?
- 13 Hiking in the Pyrenees - day trip from Barcelona, no car
- 14 Conference trip to Netherlands; help me plan free time afterward
- 15 Beach along The Seine in Paris
- 16 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 17 Which hotel in Lisbon?
- 18 Has anyone traveled on Thalys without a "ticketless" barcode confirmation?
- 19 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 20 FAMILY VACATION, BERLIN.
- 21 Pre-paid Visa?
- 22 What do you know about using the iPhone GPS app in Europe?
- 23 Traveling to Italy--Rome, Venice with teens
- 24 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 25 naples & pickpockets