My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 2 Too many Trip Reports
- 3 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 4 Great London Bars with a view
- 5 Rome Food Tour
- 6 Paris, Ile de France...and WHERE? 1st trip to France in June! Oh la la!
- 7 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 8 Art in Paris
- 9 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 10 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 11 Rental car while in Ireland
- 12 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 13 Hotels that we found special
- 14 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 15 Roussillon, a photo essay
- 16 St Germain
- 17 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 18 First Time to UK since 2001
- 19 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 20 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 21 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 22 I dream of Europe
- 23 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 24 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 25 Backpacking Europe in the Winter