My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 2 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 3 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 4 First Draft: Croatia, BiH, and Slovenia
- 5 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 6 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 7 France to stop making foie grois
- 8 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 9 Holiday Itinerary
- 10 Car hire
- 11 Ireland driving itinerary
- 12 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 13 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 14 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 15 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 16 Naples or Genoa
- 17 Itinerary help please!
- 18 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 19 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 20 Itinerary Help!
- 21 Visiting the Black Forest
- 22 Barcelona to Morocco
- 23 European countries thst could use some hospitality lessons.
- 24 Greece itinerary ideas
- 25 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today