My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Itinerary -- done my homework, please comment
- 2 Vimy Ridge to CDG airport.
- 3 Any trouble using credit card on Bono Turistico Granada website?
- 4 Is the roof of La Grande Arche de la Défense open yet?
- 5 Any Pros Out There on Sending FedEx from Italy to U.S.?
- 6 itinerary help needed - Mediterranean Turkey / Turquoise Coast
- 7 Como Lake for Easter weekend - is a rental car worthwhile?
- 8 Turkey - Live report
- 9 How would you spend 4 nights/3days on Lake Como?
- 10 Molise and Southern Abruzzo - Does it have to be a secret ?
- 11 Hotels in old Rome
- 12 Wish me luck please
- 13 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 14 Apartment in Seville in April help
- 15 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 16 Paris to Etretat Day Trip
- 17 San Sebastian or Pamploma?
- 18 Just curious: Kids at the Moulin Rouge?
- 19 British Royals
- 20 Train from Paris to Avignon
- 21 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 22 Phone/GPS/Internet Access Strategies for European Vacation
- 23 St. Cloud Racecourse - Anybody been?
- 24 North side of Thun Lake Switzerland as a lodging base
- 25 Belgium - Amsterdam - Dusseldorf