My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 2 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 3 London 2nd time around
- 4 What to wear
- 5 Hotel recommendations for Trieste
- 6 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 7 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 8 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 9 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 10 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 11 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 12 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 13 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 14 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 15 Rovinj, Croatia
- 16 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 17 Paris November 2014
- 18 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 19 Traveling in France by train
- 20 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 21 Unique Venice Activity
- 22 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 23 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 24 Mykonos Hotels and Ferry Service to Santorini--need suggestions!
- 25 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel