My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 2 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 3 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 4 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 5 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 6 Madrid and London
- 7 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 8 What to wear
- 9 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 10 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 11 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 12 Electronic plug adapter for Italy
- 13 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 14 Bologna airport to train to Florence
- 15 Gargano Promontory
- 16 London neighborhood suggestions
- 17 Bologna tips
- 18 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 19 Day Trips From Stockton-on-Tees
- 20 London Day Trips - Soooo many options
- 21 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento Itinerary Help!
- 22 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 23 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 24 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 25 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons