My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Quiz # 104 - Memorial Day...
- 2 Train Dublin-Galway-tickets, classes
- 3 Travel from Munich to Milan in July
- 4 10 days in Barcelona anything different we could do?
- 5 Draft Ireland itinerary - does it look ok?
- 6 Another Visit to London
- 7 Reserving ferry tickets Greece during high season
- 8 5 top Scams in Paris
- 9 15 nights in Italy
- 10 hotel in Prague
- 11 Suggestions for 3.5 day Sicilily Itinerary
- 12 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 13 3 days Venice to Paris
- 14 Feedback Please: Honeymoon Itinerary....first draft
- 15 How to ship souvenirs home from Lisbon
- 16 Mom's Retirement Trip (of a Lifetime)
- 17 Pre-booking colosseum tour tickets - help needed
- 18 Tirano to Paris via bernina express in 1 day
- 19 RHK's Spring Trip
- 20 September Mediterranean Honeymoon
- 21 Day Trip from Geneva - Need Advice
- 22 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 23 Social media for short trips?
- 24 How to ship souvenirs home to US?
- 25 Paris 5 Day itinerary - Suggestions plz
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today