My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 2 Day trips from Lisbon
- 3 Olive oil disaster in 2014
- 4 No Pooh in Poland
- 5 Another Paris apartment and Navigo Dcouverte thread
- 6 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 7 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 8 Help with a short post-cruise stay in (potentially) Sorrento
- 9 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 10 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 11 Venice/Rome/Florence/London
- 12 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 13 Taormina Sicily
- 14 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 15 Which West & East European Countries give the best bang for the buck?
- 16 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 17 So that is why German hotels have such expensive WIFI
- 18 Naxos in May
- 19 European Travel websites
- 20 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 21 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 22 Paris and where else?
- 23 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 24 What is the best way to get to Frankfurt from Pozieres
- 25 Dolomites - Where to stay!