My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 2 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 3 Best way to get from Brno to Budapest
- 4 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 5 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 6 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 7 Chip but no PIN
- 8 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 9 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 10 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 11 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 12 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 13 Stay near Paris
- 14 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help
- 15 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 16 Oktoberfest reservations
- 17 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 18 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 19 Eurostar booking
- 20 Questions for my German friends
- 21 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 22 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 23 Good neighborhood to stay in Porto
- 24 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 25 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?