My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AVE Train ticket purchase in Spain
- 2 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 3 Sentimental Journey
- 4 New Dublin Museum
- 5 Cost of Van from CDG
- 6 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 7 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 8 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 9 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 10 Bus to Cadaques ?
- 11 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 12 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 13 5 hours in Genoa or next to Genoa?
- 14 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 15 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 16 Day tour in Kilkenny
- 17 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 18 Trip to London with side trip to Wales/daytrip?
- 19 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 20 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 21 German Train travel
- 22 Barcelona on budget
- 23 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 24 Cheese Tours in Italy
- 25 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today