My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 2 Ibiza, San Sebastian, Sicily or Nice??
- 3 What's on your Paris wish list?
- 4 Is Capri overrated?
- 5 Rome 2015- A Spring Break Adventure!
- 6 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 7 transport from Central London to Southampton
- 8 Two days in Switzerland, landing in Geneva
- 9 9 days in switzerland
- 10 5 day Madrid itinerary help
- 11 5 day Barcelona itineary
- 12 Bus ride to Positano
- 13 Driving in Germany and Austria
- 14 North Coast Cornwall Walks
- 15 which mountain for snow experience for non skier - first visit to France
- 16 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 17 Suggestions for What To Do in Bologna or Surrounds on May 1
- 18 Naughty or Nice beaches in Nice, FR
- 19 Madrid, Andalusia, Lisbon public transport and itinerary suggestions
- 20 Amsterdam restaurants
- 21 Greece for a month with a baby
- 22 Wine tour in Chianti
- 23 Which base in the Cotswolds
- 24 Slovenia itinerary
- 25 Colosseum day or Night Tour