My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 WANT TO GET MY EX BACK
- 2 Lavender fields in Provence
- 3 Best way to access Australian-based cash on holidays in Europe?
- 4 St Moritz hiking
- 5 3.5 days Itinerary in Switzerland
- 6 Italy-Switz family of 6: June 2015
- 7 Please help with agriturismo choice!
- 8 Burgundy or Loire Valley?
- 9 Sicily 25 days summer beach holiday with daughter Help please : )
- 10 Drive or train Austria
- 11 September in Switzerland
- 12 Calling out to all Spain lovers! 2 weeks in mid Sep - need some new ideas!
- 13 Shoes for Cinque Terre
- 14 Italy train travel question
- 15 Franfurt to Munich over a week - Fodorite wisdom?
- 16 Itinerary Help: Granada or Madrid??
- 17 Spain or Greece with Turkey with kids
- 18 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED
- 19 Looking for Recommendations around ENNA in Sicily
- 20 Hotels (moderately priced) in Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo?
- 21 Leaving tomorrow for Spain and am getting overwhelmed!
- 22 Wifi on TGV?
- 23 Barcelona hotel help
- 24 2 week Scandinavia Trip
- 25 An extra day between Edinburgh and London
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today