My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 2 CROATIA - Split to Hvar Island ???
- 3 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 4 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 5 Euro Trivia quiz #11 - Know Your Bordering Countries?
- 6 Questions for this who visited Russia!
- 7 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 8 Portugal Trip
- 9 Reputable Tours
- 10 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 11 Spain traffic tickets
- 12 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 13 Salzburg and day trips
- 14 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 15 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 16 Inexpensive spring break in iceland?
- 17 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 18 POLAND October,2013! Overdue trip report
- 19 Germany Questions
- 20 How to sky dive without a valid parachute
- 21 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 22 Museums in Berlin
- 23 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 24 All Set To Go!!
- 25 4 Days between Zurich & Avignon...