My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
- 1 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 2 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 3 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 4 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 5 London for Christmas
- 6 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 7 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 8 Chambermaid tipping
- 9 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 10 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 11 Belgium
- 12 Navigo Decouverte
- 13 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 14 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 15 More help with housing in Puglia
- 16 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 17 Euro Train
- 18 15 days in Europe,
- 19 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 20 Madrid to Sevilla
- 21 London, Paris, and Brussels 2014
- 22 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 23 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 24 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 25 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?