My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
- 1 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 2 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 3 Family European winter holiday
- 4 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 5 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 6 Italy: Planning a honeymoon....HELP!!!!
- 7 To Paris and Provence in June
- 8 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 9 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 10 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 11 Euro Train
- 12 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 13 Travel by train or bus
- 14 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 15 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 16 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 17 Traveling within Italy
- 18 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 19 Florence in October
- 20 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 21 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 22 London at Easter
- 23 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 24 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 25 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal