My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation in Great Britain
- 2 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 3 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 4 Paris: Where to find Steak Tartar and Escargot?
- 5 Escargots in Paris
- 6 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 7 Interesting places to visit
- 8 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 9 Acropolis Athens
- 10 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 11 Trip Ideas
- 12 We're here!
- 13 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 14 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 15 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 16 Switzerland Itinerary in 5 days early-June
- 17 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 18 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 19 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 20 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 21 Info about Poland
- 22 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 23 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 24 Barcelona question
- 25 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today