My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spending money in Italy?
- 2 Feedback on Italian Language Courses in Bologna
- 3 British English
- 4 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 5 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 6 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 7 River Cruise: MS Amadeus Elegant- Reserve with Caution
- 8 Passport Delays
- 9 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 10 My final (hopefully) Dresden Itinerary for Review
- 11 "Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?
- 12 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 13 spain in 14 nights with wife and 2 17 yrs old kids
- 14 TGV Train Tickets/Passes
- 15 first family trip to Switzerland
- 16 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 17 Normandy in October
- 18 Itinerary for 11 day trip to France
- 19 Trip Report: 10 Days in Spain
- 20 a hostel in Moscow, Russia
- 21 Anybody in Amalfi right now? Weather?
- 22 Vacation Rental Home near Barcelona with 8 bed/8 bath help
- 23 Paris in October solo - potpourri of questions
- 24 Copenhagen - Must see places and time required in city!!
- 25 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015