My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Authentic czech food
- 2 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 3 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 4 Has anybody bought tickets through divento.com?
- 5 Hotel Regno versus Albergo Cesari Rome
- 6 Italy - unusually so
- 7 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 8 Where to play agains the best outdoor basketball competition in Berlin?
- 9 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 10 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 11 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 12 About cars in Austria
- 13 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?
- 14 Spain in November
- 15 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 16 December trip to Germany & Switzerland - Ingo are you out there?
- 17 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 18 Europe in December for 10 days
- 19 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 20 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 21 Study Visa and Schengen area tourist allowance Question
- 22 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 23 England/EPL family vacation
- 24 4 Months in Europe
- 25 Never To Return