My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nice or Marseille??
- 2 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 3 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 4 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 5 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 6 Air pollution in Paris
- 7 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 8 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 9 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 10 France, Italy and Greec
- 11 gites de france or agritourism
- 12 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 13 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 14 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 15 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 16 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 17 Trains in Italy
- 18 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 19 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 20 Dresden or Leipzig
- 21 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 22 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 23 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 24 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 25 Need Some Italy Planning Help