My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
- 1 south eastern europe by train and walking
- 2 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 5 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 6 Family European winter holiday
- 7 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 8 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 9 London for Christmas
- 10 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 11 London Theater/re: "Pure Nonsense"? or what?
- 12 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 13 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 14 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 15 Istanbul hotels
- 16 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 17 2 Week European Itinerary
- 18 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 19 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 20 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 21 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 22 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 23 More help with housing in Puglia
- 24 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 25 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain