My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 윈스바카라•• 艺━┫＼【 WLD333.cℴm 】＼┣━••艺 윈스바카라
- 2 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 3 Long Weekend in Lovely Amsterdam
- 4 Italy Itinerary for 8 days
- 5 Gstaad, trip for 2 days
- 6 Spain for 10 nights
- 7 Signature Saint Germaine or La TourviLe
- 8 When neurotic people plan vacations
- 9 Best location for hotel in Milan for 2 nights
- 10 Advice about Naples?
- 11 Alsace Accommodations
- 12 tipping
- 13 Man U Scrimmage Games Late July/EarlyAugust?
- 14 I need suggestion on where to stay in Port Alcudia
- 15 Iternary Help - London + ? without car
- 16 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 17 Europe Backpacking Itinerary: Feedback Appreciated!
- 18 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 19 itinerary Help? 2 weeks in Scandinavia
- 20 Feedback on 3-Week Spain Itinerary
- 21 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 22 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 23 Tips question
- 24 Still another Provence Provence advice request
- 25 Nothern versus Southern region of Spain
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today