My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question on France travel
- 2 Ireland or Scotland
- 3 Cruise the River Shannon
- 4 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 5 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 6 Places for a Special Dinner (2 cancer survivors!) in Montecatini
- 7 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 8 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 9 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 10 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 11 Autumn in Paris
- 12 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 13 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 14 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 15 Italy and Croatia
- 16 St Germain
- 17 Where to go in France mid July?
- 18 trip to norway
- 19 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 20 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 21 Food tours in Rome and other tours as well
- 22 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 23 Following the Tour de France via Campervan
- 24 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 25 Food tours in Rome?