My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Safe to bring jewelry onboard
- 2 Another strong earthquake in central Italy
- 3 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 4 Verona and Lake Garda
- 5 How to save money when travellin' to London
- 6 European Cooking Secrets
- 7 Need suggestions for musical Events in Rome
- 8 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 9 20 Days in Europe
- 10 Travel vs. Babies
- 11 The Local at -- Bavarian Police: Europe under Siege
- 12 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 13 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 14 Italy - rental car damages query
- 15 St Tropez vs Monaco
- 16 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 17 London's Must Sights!
- 18 McRent, Germany - AVOID!!!
- 19 Travel help
- 20 Le Marche Research Help
- 21 Get Ultimate Fun with England Escorts in the Bedroom
- 22 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 23 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 24 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 25 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today