My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help planning 10 day trip near Brussels/Amsterdam
- 2 London During Rugby International September 2015
- 3 Q re Capital One Venture Rewards Card
- 4 First Time in France--Paris and Burgundy
- 5 Madrid Hotel - Help me choose between these 2!
- 6 Seine river cruise help
- 7 tuscany/florence tour
- 8 Ira, Ira, Ira, who is Ira?
- 9 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 10 Northern Wales Itinerary Review
- 11 Florence: a piece of precious, magical art in its own right
- 12 Trip Report Paris, Avignon, Lyon, Turin, Genoa, Reggio Emilia, Venice 2014
- 13 Sardinia Slow Travel Oct 2015
- 14 Suggestions for an arrival day itinerary in Venice- with jetlagged kids
- 15 England/Scotland in January?
- 16 Ice for a cooler
- 17 Barcelona, 4 nights which neighborhood?
- 18 Men's attire for touring
- 19 Norway Hikes, centralised location
- 20 Swimsuit for France, Switzerland, Austria?
- 21 Does the Paris Museum Pass cover the Picasso Museum?
- 22 Any flight from London to Rimini?
- 23 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 24 seeking advice for Turkey trip in November
- 25 Tech challenged: US car charger for IPHONE work in France and Italy
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today