My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggested transportation between destinations
- 2 Planning first trip to Germany, looking for any recommendations!!!
- 3 Alone in Paris
- 4 What to do other then museums in Rome. 2 full days?
- 5 A Visit to the Masjid e Nabwi – A Journey of Love
- 6 Suggestions for an arrival day itinerary in Venice- with jetlagged kids
- 7 Athens or Istanbul in Nov'15 Solo female traveller
- 8 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 9 Support Please
- 10 Q re Capital One Venture Rewards Card
- 11 Sicily itinerary advice please
- 12 Anyone ever been to Minsk, Belarus?
- 13 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 14 PASSPORT number changed
- 15 London - Home From Home Apartment Rental Agency
- 16 how best to arrive to sarlat from paris
- 17 Northern Wales Itinerary Review
- 18 renting a car in Spain and driving to Portugal
- 19 first time to Europe: London Paris & ?
- 20 Saltzburg,Nuremberg and munich
- 21 Train travel in Europe
- 22 where to go in between hallstatt and prague?
- 23 Itinerary advice needed for Europe summer 2016
- 24 Help! Anyone else victim of Hertz rental car return "damages" charge scam?
- 25 Any flight from London to Rimini?
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today