My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 2 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 3 One month (ish) in Spain
- 4 Where next? UK, Greece, Germany, or Spain?
- 5 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 6 24 Hours on Santorini -- what to do and see?
- 7 Training from Switzerland to Paris to the UK
- 8 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 9 Weather in Rias Baixas this weekend?
- 10 Wine tours in Tuscuny
- 11 La Sagrada Familia
- 12 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 13 Where to stay in London
- 14 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 15 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 16 Appian Way and Catacombs in Rome, tour? Sunday?
- 17 Tickets for Buckingham palace, tower of London, London eye - online or not?
- 18 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 19 Expat area's in France
- 20 Aaah...Umbria!
- 21 Sorrento Advice Please
- 22 Aerobus from Barcelona airport to Placa Catalunya
- 23 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 24 Do I need train tix in advance
- 25 Cyprus photo gallery