My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luxury romantic hotel to stay in Sardinia?
- 2 Bordeaux - how many nights? and what else in a week in that area?
- 3 What do you think of this itinerary?
- 4 SICILY:The Second Time Around in 22Days for 55th Anniversary !!!
- 5 New Chip and Pin Card from American Airlines
- 6 17 days in Spain, best itinerary?
- 7 Train tickets France and Spain
- 8 buying souviners and art
- 9 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 10 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 11 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 12 Travel services for Spain
- 13 4 week itinerary for German - France - Italy ...too much?
- 14 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 15 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 16 Baden Wurttembeg for 2 weeks or 1 week?
- 17 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 18 Napoli logistics
- 19 Barcellona hop on hop off bus tour
- 20 Greece ferries/speed boats?
- 21 Italy food budget
- 22 Tax refund in France
- 23 Piazza Navona hotel in Rome help
- 24 Positano in high season???
- 25 How Well-Traveled Are You?