My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 2 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 3 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 4 Hungary - Budapest Eger Szentendre photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 5 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 6 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 7 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 8 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 9 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 10 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 11 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 12 9 days in turkey
- 13 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 14 Benefits of Living in an HOA Community of the Cindy Shearin Group
- 15 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 16 Nice Video about Poland
- 17 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 18 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 19 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 20 France/Italy Itinerary Check
- 21 Estonia Amber
- 22 Villages to stay in Germany close to trains
- 23 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 24 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 25 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!