My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris in July - side trip to South of France
- 2 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 3 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 4 Cheap airfare to Europe?
- 5 12 nights in Greek islands
- 6 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 7 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 8 Perugia and Rome by train and bus
- 9 Classical Music in Milan
- 10 Italy/Switzerland in the fall
- 11 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 12 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 13 Need help paring down my 3 week intinerary Benelux/Germany!
- 14 Athens hotel with - you guessed it - view of the Acropolis
- 15 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 16 Pousadas in Portugal
- 17 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 18 Antiques shopping Rome
- 19 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 20 Scotland Trip Planning
- 21 Southern Italy with 3 teens for a week
- 22 Charlotte Bronte at the Soane
- 23 Paris food tours?
- 24 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 25 Lisbon Rental Car Pickup Location
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today