My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AVE train tickets questions.
- 2 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 3 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 4 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 5 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 6 European countries thst could use some hospitality lessons.
- 7 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 8 Rome to Positano
- 9 Day trips from Uzes
- 10 Laundry - Ireland?
- 11 How best to spend a day in Tallinn
- 12 Naples or Genoa
- 13 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 14 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 15 Traveling with medication in bulk
- 16 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 17 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 18 France to stop making foie grois
- 19 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 20 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 21 Swimming in 17th century fountains in Rome
- 22 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 23 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 24 Interlaken-Lucerne Express 19th July- reservation required??
- 25 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today