My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One day in Paris, Champagne, and somewhere between Beaune and Nice
- 2 ASADOR EXTEBARRI..and assorted related topics..questions..
- 3 Packing as Light as Possible!
- 4 La Roque Gageac, France in early October
- 5 The best hotel in Naples for last night in Italy!
- 6 Can you recommend a hotel in Santorini?
- 7 Paris removes Pont des Arts love locks
- 8 Help planning for 8 days Barcelona and Costa Brava.
- 9 With AT&T Passport plan, do we also need GPS or MiFi for driving/maps?
- 10 Narrowed down itinerary, but still need help finishing in Munich
- 11 Buckfast Abbey Brews Up a Brouhahah!
- 12 La Mouzaia in northeastern Paris
- 13 Transferring on Germany trains
- 14 Itinerary Paris/Provence - please provide thoughts
- 15 Northern Italy/Tuscany ideas
- 16 Pompeii, Herculaneum
- 17 home base in provence
- 18 Cotswolds: Wheatsheaf Inn, NorthLeach or Rectory, Crudwell
- 19 Honoring my Father, Belgium, Amsterdam, London and TWO GTGs
- 20 Where to catch bus at Glasgow Airport
- 21 Dolomiti advice please!
- 22 Italy on the Cheap (Mostly), May 2015
- 23 Euro Quiz # 110 - Potpourri
- 24 quick Rome advice
- 25 Five City European Vacation thru Groupon
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today