My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 2 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 3 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 4 Perugia
- 5 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 6 No Periods in British Written English!
- 7 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 8 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 9 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 10 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 11 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 12 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 13 Praiano
- 14 Rouen Tour Companies
- 15 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 16 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 17 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 18 Ireland itinerary help please
- 19 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 20 Ronda Wine/biking
- 21 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 22 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 23 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 24 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 25 Areas in Milan
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today