My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 2 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 3 Italian lakes
- 4 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 5 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 6 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 7 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 8 France, UK and Ireland
- 9 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 10 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 11 French theater in Paris
- 12 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 13 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 14 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 15 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 16 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 17 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 18 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 19 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 20 What do after Bernia Express?
- 21 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 22 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 23 Walking itinerary in England?
- 24 Rouen Tour Companies
- 25 Best way to learn a foreign language?
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today