My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 2 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 3 2 days in Florence
- 4 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 5 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 6 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 7 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 8 base for Andalucia
- 9 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 10 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 11 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 12 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 13 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 16 Windsor Castle
- 17 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 18 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 19 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 20 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 21 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 22 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 23 4 nights in Sardinia
- 24 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?
- 25 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today