My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice/Mestre
- 2 Pay attention to your watches !
- 3 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 4 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 5 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 6 Italy Car Scam
- 7 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 8 car insurance italy
- 9 auto europa or auto europe?
- 10 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 11 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 12 Barcelona alternative
- 13 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 14 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 15 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 16 8 Days in Spain
- 17 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 18 Spanish Medical Providers
- 19 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 20 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 21 9 Days in Spain
- 22 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 23 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 24 Paris to Italy
- 25 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today