My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me plan a Trip
- 2 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 3 What else should I know about Priceline bidding for London?
- 4 Are there any deals to London or big cities in Europe?
- 5 Bavarian Accommodations - Need Your Assistance
- 6 Flight cancellation due to weather & student visa
- 7 England, Paris itinerary help
- 8 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 9 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 10 Germany for 3 weeks
- 11 Travelling Aug 2015 to a few european destinations
- 12 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 13 Travel itinery for a family of 4.
- 14 Panarea lodging decision--need expert advice
- 15 Cheap NYC currency exchange
- 16 Sardinia Advice
- 17 Provence planning
- 18 Making reservations in Italy
- 19 Seotember Trip to Greece- 2015
- 20 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 21 UK and Belgium 20 days with 2 kids ( 6 years old and 7 years old girls)
- 22 Summer Family trip ( 2 ads and 2 kids 6 and 7 years old girls)
- 23 Dublin Layover Suggestions
- 24 Accommodations in Paris
- 25 What to see/do in eastern section of Ireland?