My friend and I will be traveling in Spain (Madrid and Galicia) and England (London and surrounding areas) next month.
My question is whether the Ally debit card is accepted by most ATMs in London and Madrid. The Ally debit card is MasterCard, but it does not have a Cirrus logo.
I know that Ally no longer reimburses ATM fees abroad. That's not the question.
My concern is whether the card works on all (or only some) ATMs in Europe. I would particularly like to hear from people who have traveled with the Ally card in the past two years or so, but all advice is welcome.
It would be a major hassle to get to Europe and find that my card didn't work. (It happened once before with a major US bank card. It wasn't fun.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia transportation question.
- 2 getting to CDG
- 3 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 4 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 5 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 6 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 7 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 8 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 9 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 10 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 11 Ireland hotel questions
- 12 Ireland travel passport question
- 13 Bernina Express mid-March
- 14 If you had to choose one......
- 15 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 16 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 17 A Month stay in Southern France
- 18 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 19 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 20 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 21 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 22 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 23 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 24 2017 Easter in Italy
- 25 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today