This may be the most obscure question ever posted on the site! I was wondering if anyone out there could help me with the pronunciations of some basic words and expressions in Icelandic--please, thank you, do you speak English, etc.
Please: afsakid (d is not really a d but looks like a cross between a d and an a with a short diagonal line cutting across the top)
Thank you: takk fyrir
Excuse me: fyrirgefou (accent grave over the o)
Do you speak english?: Talardu ensku (d in talardu as above)
I don't understand: Eg skil ekki
I have a pronunciation guide to the letters in my guidebook, but I'd like to know about emphasis, etc.
Amy, are you out there?
The most obsure question ever?? Icelandic pronunciation
- 1 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 2 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 3 Moonliner bus question - can someone help please?
- 4 Hot Air Balloon crash in Cappadocia kills two, injures twenty-three
- 5 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 6 Changing of the Guard
- 7 Apartment Rental Website for Scotland?
- 8 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 9 Germany and Italy
- 10 Which tour company would be best?
- 11 Best way to get from Malaga to Gibraltar to Ceuta, Morocco?
- 12 "Our Small Adventure" an Ongoing Paris Trip Report
- 13 Traveling to the Netherlands with my 10 year old daughter
- 14 Berchtesgaden & Salzburg
- 15 Car rental
- 16 Essen and Nordrhein-Westfalen
- 17 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 18 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 19 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 20 Club Quarters near Trafalgar Square
- 21 Please, assure me that Turkey is safe...
- 22 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 23 Scavi -- Photocopy of ID Sufficient?
- 24 FCO to Fast Train and Best way to travel back from Naples to Rome
- 25 When to exchange US dollars to Euros