Once not long ago it seemed that public urinals for men - called vespasiennes - a name taken from Emperor Vespasienne who was responsible for creating ancient Rome's public urinals, were everywhere.
And now I am shocked to hear that there is only one left? (See You Tube) - but I could not catch where this icon is - anyone know?
Amsterdam still has many public urinals like these - metal things with whole at eye level so you can see out and kind of feel like your urinating on the street!
Any other cities with these type of vesapsiennes?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 2 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 3 Car Rentals in Avignon
- 4 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 5 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 6 Last minute trip to Capri
- 7 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 8 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 9 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 10 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 11 London Theater
- 12 Salzburg itinerary review
- 13 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 14 Poland to Austria In December
- 15 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 16 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 17 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 18 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 19 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 20 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 21 Private Guide in Lyon
- 22 Norwegian Air?
- 23 Highclare Castle
- 24 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 25 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017