Once not long ago it seemed that public urinals for men - called vespasiennes - a name taken from Emperor Vespasienne who was responsible for creating ancient Rome's public urinals, were everywhere.
And now I am shocked to hear that there is only one left? (See You Tube) - but I could not catch where this icon is - anyone know?
Amsterdam still has many public urinals like these - metal things with whole at eye level so you can see out and kind of feel like your urinating on the street!
Any other cities with these type of vesapsiennes?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland Question
- 2 Afternoon Tea @ London
- 3 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 4 How hard (for an American) to drive in Yorkshire?
- 5 London Paris
- 6 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 7 Spain.. suggestions please
- 8 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 9 Luggage on trains/security?
- 10 Family vacation near Amsterdam
- 11 London dining service charge
- 12 The DCC scam is spreading
- 13 What clothes?
- 14 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 15 Guarda ->Zurich, Luzern->Ascona
- 16 Vienna - Site seeing help
- 17 the reality that it helps
- 18 Venice to Positano
- 19 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 20 I'm Croatian, ask me anything!
- 21 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 22 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 23 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 24 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 25 Minimum connect time Istanbul Ataturk airport