Once not long ago it seemed that public urinals for men - called vespasiennes - a name taken from Emperor Vespasienne who was responsible for creating ancient Rome's public urinals, were everywhere.
And now I am shocked to hear that there is only one left? (See You Tube) - but I could not catch where this icon is - anyone know?
Amsterdam still has many public urinals like these - metal things with whole at eye level so you can see out and kind of feel like your urinating on the street!
Any other cities with these type of vesapsiennes?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 2 Italy by car
- 3 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 4 Spain and Portugal for two and a half weeks
- 5 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 6 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 7 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 8 Off to Ireland again! Solo trip...
- 9 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 10 Fill 4 or 5 days for me please-Spain
- 11 Our Amalfi Coast Adventure—Orlando to Dublin to Naples to Praiano
- 12 Ireland in October?
- 13 Barcelona - Tickets to Gaudi sites
- 14 Barcelona-Valencia- ??? - Barcelona
- 15 Driving through the Pyrenees
- 16 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 17 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 18 Going to Denmark, Norway – what is there to see?
- 19 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's
- 20 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 21 Lyon
- 22 Dolomites October 14-18
- 23 Traveling into Frankfurt and catching a flight to London
- 24 Le Marche, Italy
- 25 Driving from Tuscany to Positano - recos needed!