Once not long ago it seemed that public urinals for men - called vespasiennes - a name taken from Emperor Vespasienne who was responsible for creating ancient Rome's public urinals, were everywhere.
And now I am shocked to hear that there is only one left? (See You Tube) - but I could not catch where this icon is - anyone know?
Amsterdam still has many public urinals like these - metal things with whole at eye level so you can see out and kind of feel like your urinating on the street!
Any other cities with these type of vesapsiennes?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal and Spain
- 2 Euro Quiz # 106 - Countries Loving McDonalds the Most!
- 3 Day Trip from London
- 4 Switzerland and Northern Italy, 3 weeks
- 5 Venice : Trying not to overplan
- 6 Bernina or Glacier Express?
- 7 Running of the Bulls 2016
- 8 Suggestions for 6 days in Central Europe (Hungary/around there)
- 9 Train frequency/schedule for Eastern Europe
- 10 Has anyone used Lastminute.com to book rooms?
- 11 Todi as a stopover?
- 12 Another (!) German rail strike
- 13 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 14 Another Visit to London
- 15 Rental car in Italy
- 16 Munich- Prague-Berlin Itinerary Help
- 17 Forints or Euros?
- 18 Budapest Evening Cruise?
- 19 10 days in Barcelona anything different we could do?
- 20 Athens to Delphi to Meteora to Thessalonki
- 21 Tips To Get Schengen Visa For Full 90 Days From Toronto For Indian Citizens
- 22 Istanbul: hectic, opulent, diverse and extremely welcoming
- 23 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 24 Positano - Choosing a Hotel
- 25 A 3rd destination to add to trip