Once not long ago it seemed that public urinals for men - called vespasiennes - a name taken from Emperor Vespasienne who was responsible for creating ancient Rome's public urinals, were everywhere.
And now I am shocked to hear that there is only one left? (See You Tube) - but I could not catch where this icon is - anyone know?
Amsterdam still has many public urinals like these - metal things with whole at eye level so you can see out and kind of feel like your urinating on the street!
Any other cities with these type of vesapsiennes?
"The Last Vespasienne in Paris!"
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help! Apartment near Parc de Passy or near Rue de Commerce!?
- 2 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 3 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 4 10 days in England
- 5 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 6 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 7 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 8 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 9 Ayasofya Hotel
- 10 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 11 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 12 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 13 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 14 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 15 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 16 Mozart - Salzburg or Vienna?
- 17 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 18 going to italy
- 19 Will Italy be busier the week of Labour day-May 01st 2015?
- 20 Are taxis easily obtained at the train station in Florence?
- 21 Stay away from EF Tours
- 22 Home base stay in Italy for vacation
- 23 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 24 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 25 Thanks to Fodorites for help planning Paris/London trip