Once not long ago it seemed that public urinals for men - called vespasiennes - a name taken from Emperor Vespasienne who was responsible for creating ancient Rome's public urinals, were everywhere.
And now I am shocked to hear that there is only one left? (See You Tube) - but I could not catch where this icon is - anyone know?
Amsterdam still has many public urinals like these - metal things with whole at eye level so you can see out and kind of feel like your urinating on the street!
Any other cities with these type of vesapsiennes?
"The Last Vespasienne in Paris!"
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We Need a Pact
- 2 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 3 Madrid and London
- 4 Monet in Normandy
- 5 I need a haircut
- 6 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 7 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 8 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 9 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 10 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 11 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 12 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 13 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 14 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 15 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 16 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 17 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO
- 18 german rail ticket question
- 19 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 20 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 21 flea markets in France
- 22 Italy vacation rental help
- 23 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 24 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 25 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon