Once not long ago it seemed that public urinals for men - called vespasiennes - a name taken from Emperor Vespasienne who was responsible for creating ancient Rome's public urinals, were everywhere.
And now I am shocked to hear that there is only one left? (See You Tube) - but I could not catch where this icon is - anyone know?
Amsterdam still has many public urinals like these - metal things with whole at eye level so you can see out and kind of feel like your urinating on the street!
Any other cities with these type of vesapsiennes?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 2 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 3 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 4 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 5 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 6 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 7 Trains in Alps and UK
- 8 Switzerland
- 9 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 10 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 11 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 12 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 13 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 14 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 15 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 16 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 17 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 18 CDG airport and connection time
- 19 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 20 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 21 Travelogue: Sweden with kids
- 22 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 23 Dash to Sicily January Advice hel....
- 24 If you had to choose one......
- 25 Where to buy Saffron?