Once not long ago it seemed that public urinals for men - called vespasiennes - a name taken from Emperor Vespasienne who was responsible for creating ancient Rome's public urinals, were everywhere.
And now I am shocked to hear that there is only one left? (See You Tube) - but I could not catch where this icon is - anyone know?
Amsterdam still has many public urinals like these - metal things with whole at eye level so you can see out and kind of feel like your urinating on the street!
Any other cities with these type of vesapsiennes?
"The Last Vespasienne in Paris!"
- 1 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 2 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 3 Madrid to Sevilla
- 4 Ireland in a week
- 5 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 6 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 7 Dawdling Through the Dordogne
- 8 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 9 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 10 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 11 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 12 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 13 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 14 To Paris and Provence in June
- 15 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 16 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 17 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 18 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 19 7 days in Andalucia
- 20 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 21 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 22 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 23 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 24 A Month in Bologna Photos/Blog TR
- 25 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?