Once not long ago it seemed that public urinals for men - called vespasiennes - a name taken from Emperor Vespasienne who was responsible for creating ancient Rome's public urinals, were everywhere.
And now I am shocked to hear that there is only one left? (See You Tube) - but I could not catch where this icon is - anyone know?
Amsterdam still has many public urinals like these - metal things with whole at eye level so you can see out and kind of feel like your urinating on the street!
Any other cities with these type of vesapsiennes?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 2 http://menintalk.com/peruvian-brew/
- 3 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 4 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 5 Italy bus or train
- 6 Ireland itinerary help please
- 7 May get together in Paris
- 8 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 9 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 10 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 11 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 12 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 13 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 14 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 15 Canal du Midi
- 16 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 17 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 18 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 19 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 20 Perugia
- 21 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 22 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 23 Praiano
- 24 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 25 Self drive tour companies