I will be in Italy in September 2015 for 15 nights, beginning on the 15th. I'll be visiting Torino (6-7 days plus day trips, a much anticipated return trip) and Genova (several days, visiting museums and churches, savouring the city and its foods and market- love big, atmospheric cities - and daytrip to Pavia and maybe one other town).
I'm also interested in spending 3-4 nights on the riviera, after Genova. This will be my first trip to the area.
My question is about which part of the riviera to place myself. I don't HAVE to visit CT on this trip, since I plan on visiting Lucca and the surrounding area on a separate trip plus I can't manage huge crowds.
Would you say, for a 3-4 day stay, Noli, Albenga or Bordighera be good places to stay and daytrip from? I will rely on public transport, which seems pretty good,(so far I checked only trenitalia and that area has good connections to Milan, too, which I'll need for my flight back). I'm looking for a quiet, not-so-touristy, relaxed town, with nice views.
Would late September be a good time to visit weather-wise?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bernina Express mid-March
- 2 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 3 If you had to choose one......
- 4 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 5 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 6 A Month stay in Southern France
- 7 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 8 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 9 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 10 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 11 Croatia transportation question.
- 12 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 13 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 14 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 15 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 16 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 17 2017 Easter in Italy
- 18 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 19 Ireland travel passport question
- 20 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 21 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 22 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 23 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 24 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 25 Southern Germany - a base for travel