I will be in Italy in September 2015 for 15 nights, beginning on the 15th. I'll be visiting Torino (6-7 days plus day trips, a much anticipated return trip) and Genova (several days, visiting museums and churches, savouring the city and its foods and market- love big, atmospheric cities - and daytrip to Pavia and maybe one other town).
I'm also interested in spending 3-4 nights on the riviera, after Genova. This will be my first trip to the area.
My question is about which part of the riviera to place myself. I don't HAVE to visit CT on this trip, since I plan on visiting Lucca and the surrounding area on a separate trip plus I can't manage huge crowds.
Would you say, for a 3-4 day stay, Noli, Albenga or Bordighera be good places to stay and daytrip from? I will rely on public transport, which seems pretty good,(so far I checked only trenitalia and that area has good connections to Milan, too, which I'll need for my flight back). I'm looking for a quiet, not-so-touristy, relaxed town, with nice views.
Would late September be a good time to visit weather-wise?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 2 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 3 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 4 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 5 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 6 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 7 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 8 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 9 barcelona neighborhood
- 10 Regarding Residence Permit
- 11 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 12 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 13 Tracking the Weather
- 14 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 15 Les Invalides Night Show
- 16 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 17 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 18 Which Day?
- 19 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 20 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 21 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 22 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 23 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 24 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 25 Good mobile plan for traveller