Last night on Coronation Street one character was making remarks about some B&B some place and waxing un-romantic about 'with a "French toilet".
Now I had never heard of a French Toilet before in any context but here is what at least some Brits call the "French Toilet" - something you would never ever seen in civilized Britain I think.
Well images above are of the "French Toilet" which though still can be seen throughout France you see less and less - the French call them "Turkish Toilets" or Vespasieenes - named for the Emperor Vespasienne who I guess was instrumental in their evolution.
Well here is a rundown of various toilet in France - IME of many French toilets some in even fairly well off homes stink to high Hell - the toilet stool is almost always in a room by itself with the bathroom adjoining for washing, etc.
And the TP in some houses is vertually no ply!
So in France the toilets there are often a real let down - at least for Brits and Americans!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 2 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 3 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 4 12 days europe
- 5 Frankfurt Airport Rail Connection
- 6 http://www.healthyapplechat.com/exoslim-reviews/
- 7 Ireland one week
- 8 Please suggest best itinerary
- 9 What's the Best way to go to çekirge bursa
- 10 Compare & Save Cheap Hotel Deals
- 11 Weekend hopping: Ghent, Zadar, Lisbon, Bosch, Brno,...
- 12 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 13 cell phone companys
- 14 CDG international flight
- 15 Berlin restaurant recs
- 16 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 17 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 18 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 19 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 20 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 21 Seville in late January
- 22 Lipari to Capri??
- 23 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 24 2 Porto-Lisbon q's, 1 phone q
- 25 Italy for the first time