Last night on Coronation Street one character was making remarks about some B&B some place and waxing un-romantic about 'with a "French toilet".
Now I had never heard of a French Toilet before in any context but here is what at least some Brits call the "French Toilet" - something you would never ever seen in civilized Britain I think.
Well images above are of the "French Toilet" which though still can be seen throughout France you see less and less - the French call them "Turkish Toilets" or Vespasieenes - named for the Emperor Vespasienne who I guess was instrumental in their evolution.
Well here is a rundown of various toilet in France - IME of many French toilets some in even fairly well off homes stink to high Hell - the toilet stool is almost always in a room by itself with the bathroom adjoining for washing, etc.
And the TP in some houses is vertually no ply!
So in France the toilets there are often a real let down - at least for Brits and Americans!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 2 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 3 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 4 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 5 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 6 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 7 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 8 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 9 I may be wrong....
- 10 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 11 Driving from Madrid to Sevilla
- 12 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 13 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 14 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 15 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 16 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 17 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 18 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
- 19 French Wedding
- 20 Cornwall UK
- 21 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 22 Photo tours in Amsterdam
- 23 Porto...Questions !
- 24 Tours through Spain and Portugal
- 25 12 days in Western Sicily in April 2017 - itinerary questions