Last night on Coronation Street one character was making remarks about some B&B some place and waxing un-romantic about 'with a "French toilet".
Now I had never heard of a French Toilet before in any context but here is what at least some Brits call the "French Toilet" - something you would never ever seen in civilized Britain I think.
Well images above are of the "French Toilet" which though still can be seen throughout France you see less and less - the French call them "Turkish Toilets" or Vespasieenes - named for the Emperor Vespasienne who I guess was instrumental in their evolution.
Well here is a rundown of various toilet in France - IME of many French toilets some in even fairly well off homes stink to high Hell - the toilet stool is almost always in a room by itself with the bathroom adjoining for washing, etc.
And the TP in some houses is vertually no ply!
So in France the toilets there are often a real let down - at least for Brits and Americans!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 릴게임 손오공 신천지 ※연결 :≫tt349.com≪
- 2 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 3 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 4 DVD burning software
- 5 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 6 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 7 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 8 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 9 Train travel
- 10 Spain to Jerez for Horse Show
- 11 WWI Battlefields
- 12 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 13 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 14 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 15 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 16 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 17 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 18 Iceland 3 day layover
- 19 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 20 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 21 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 22 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 23 Milos beach stay
- 24 Paris to Bordeaux
- 25 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!