This is a huge year for travel but for the first time in my life I can't seem to pin down where to go. I'm getting a bad case of itchy feet. Not the fungul kind but the feeling only obsessive travelers feel deep in the pit of their souls. I have all of April, May and October to go anywhere in the world not just Europe. Lucky me. That's because I also have no job but money is not a big issue. Maybe somewhere new with nice weather, meaning anywhere in the 60-80F range with delicious food, memorable buildings and architecture and stunning landscape and scenery. I am partial to bustling cities but respite in the country or some where rural is nice for a few days, like 5 days? I can interchange rural urban rural urban plus some water in between would be nice. I've always dreamt of exploring tuscany and the french wine regions but I do not think it will be this year. High chance I might have to be in Sydney in April which is pure perfection because Australia is on my list of where to go before my death so I was thinking of revolving my April within Australia. But that leaves me with May and October. I always hope to see the best of what a place can offer especially the food, art and scenery parts. I don't care to make friends or meet the locals that type of thing. Usually it does happen but I don't go out and seek it. I'm more of an introvert although if you met me you'd be surprised because I have a more upbeat personality. It's weird no one will ever describe me as an introvert but I cannot tell you how much I enjoy being by myself. Seeing people exhausts the crap out of me though when I spend time with people I genuinely enjoy it. I just spaaaace it out. Sorry I digress so yeah, no need to meet peeps but I did a group tour once and found it only mildly discomforting, the rest of it I actually had fun. Hopefully this gives you a little background to help pin point more suitable destinations.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 2 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 3 Switzerland in November?
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 6 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 7 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 8 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 9 Places of interest
- 10 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 11 A Month stay in Southern France
- 12 vienna
- 13 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 14 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 15 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 16 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 17 Ireland travel passport question
- 18 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 19 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 20 Oxford England Accommodations
- 21 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 22 Croatia transportation question.
- 23 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 24 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 25 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but