This is a huge year for travel but for the first time in my life I can't seem to pin down where to go. I'm getting a bad case of itchy feet. Not the fungul kind but the feeling only obsessive travelers feel deep in the pit of their souls. I have all of April, May and October to go anywhere in the world not just Europe. Lucky me. That's because I also have no job but money is not a big issue. Maybe somewhere new with nice weather, meaning anywhere in the 60-80F range with delicious food, memorable buildings and architecture and stunning landscape and scenery. I am partial to bustling cities but respite in the country or some where rural is nice for a few days, like 5 days? I can interchange rural urban rural urban plus some water in between would be nice. I've always dreamt of exploring tuscany and the french wine regions but I do not think it will be this year. High chance I might have to be in Sydney in April which is pure perfection because Australia is on my list of where to go before my death so I was thinking of revolving my April within Australia. But that leaves me with May and October. I always hope to see the best of what a place can offer especially the food, art and scenery parts. I don't care to make friends or meet the locals that type of thing. Usually it does happen but I don't go out and seek it. I'm more of an introvert although if you met me you'd be surprised because I have a more upbeat personality. It's weird no one will ever describe me as an introvert but I cannot tell you how much I enjoy being by myself. Seeing people exhausts the crap out of me though when I spend time with people I genuinely enjoy it. I just spaaaace it out. Sorry I digress so yeah, no need to meet peeps but I did a group tour once and found it only mildly discomforting, the rest of it I actually had fun. Hopefully this gives you a little background to help pin point more suitable destinations.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 2 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 3 Portugal: 70th birthday trip
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 6 Another theft warning: coastal trains, between Genoa & Tuscany
- 7 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 8 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 9 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 10 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 11 Northern Ireland ideas
- 12 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 13 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 14 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 15 Long weekend in Albania
- 16 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 17 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 18 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 19 scotland itinerary
- 20 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 21 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 22 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 23 Hotel in Florence
- 24 Travel between Civitavecchia and Rome
- 25 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany