This is a huge year for travel but for the first time in my life I can't seem to pin down where to go. I'm getting a bad case of itchy feet. Not the fungul kind but the feeling only obsessive travelers feel deep in the pit of their souls. I have all of April, May and October to go anywhere in the world not just Europe. Lucky me. That's because I also have no job but money is not a big issue. Maybe somewhere new with nice weather, meaning anywhere in the 60-80F range with delicious food, memorable buildings and architecture and stunning landscape and scenery. I am partial to bustling cities but respite in the country or some where rural is nice for a few days, like 5 days? I can interchange rural urban rural urban plus some water in between would be nice. I've always dreamt of exploring tuscany and the french wine regions but I do not think it will be this year. High chance I might have to be in Sydney in April which is pure perfection because Australia is on my list of where to go before my death so I was thinking of revolving my April within Australia. But that leaves me with May and October. I always hope to see the best of what a place can offer especially the food, art and scenery parts. I don't care to make friends or meet the locals that type of thing. Usually it does happen but I don't go out and seek it. I'm more of an introvert although if you met me you'd be surprised because I have a more upbeat personality. It's weird no one will ever describe me as an introvert but I cannot tell you how much I enjoy being by myself. Seeing people exhausts the crap out of me though when I spend time with people I genuinely enjoy it. I just spaaaace it out. Sorry I digress so yeah, no need to meet peeps but I did a group tour once and found it only mildly discomforting, the rest of it I actually had fun. Hopefully this gives you a little background to help pin point more suitable destinations.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 2 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 3 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 4 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 5 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 6 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 7 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 8 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 9 barcelona neighborhood
- 10 Regarding Residence Permit
- 11 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 12 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 13 Tracking the Weather
- 14 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 15 Les Invalides Night Show
- 16 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 17 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 18 Which Day?
- 19 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 20 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 21 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 22 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 23 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 24 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 25 Good mobile plan for traveller