I wrote a blog about Holland's first ever kingsday. I write a bit about the historical background if the festival, what there is to do, and how I experienced the day.
I'm wondering what you think of it!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Athens Help
- 2 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 3 Apartment Montreux area
- 4 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 5 Europe First Timers
- 6 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 7 Crete Holiday
- 8 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 9 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 10 Safety in Rome
- 11 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 12 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 13 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 14 Greek Village
- 15 One free day in Barcelona
- 16 Uber vs. TfL
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 19 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 20 base in brussels
- 21 Rome or Venice first
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 24 Berlin
- 25 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona