I will be traveling from Venice, Italy on May 4 2014 to Cinque Terre to spend a few days there. I am assuming that the train is the best way to get there but wasn't sure where to even begin to understanding the European train system. I know that the closes stops are in Genoa or Pisa. Can someone please help steer me in the right direction as far as best form of transportation, cheapest and quickest. I saw on Eurorail that it was 127E for a one way ticket there, this seems super expensive!
All help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 2 Italy for Christmas Week
- 3 Two for One Days OUt
- 4 restaurants in Marais district
- 5 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 6 Shoes in Scotland
- 7 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 8 A Month stay in Southern France
- 9 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 10 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 11 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 12 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 13 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 14 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 15 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 16 B&B suggestions for Dublin, Kinsale, Killarney, Ennis
- 17 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 18 Easiest London Airport for Transfer To/From Heathrow
- 19 Honeymoon in April-May 2017: Spain or Greece?
- 20 France & Italy, May or June
- 21 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 22 Engadine Valley help
- 23 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 24 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 25 Honeymoon in Greece