My family will be flying out to Berlin to visit family, and we'd like to take a trip to Rome, as well, from Berlin. I'm assuming the train is going to be the best way to do this (not the fastest, but I can't afford an additional $750 fuel surcharge on top of airfare for the four of us), so can someone tell me how to set up a train trip to do this?
I'm hoping to take a night train for the first leg. When I go on the train sites, it really is confusing. Does anyone have any suggestions or a way to decode this type of trip?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Provence to Nice driving
- 2 When and how to book for a trip?
- 3 Portugal Beaches 3-4 days
- 4 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 5 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 6 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros
- 7 Sicily or Rome
- 8 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 9 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 10 Wine Tours from Pienza
- 11 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 12 Lake Como by travel around by sailboat?
- 13 Lake Como - basta!
- 14 Advice on Renting a Car in Italy
- 15 Using a Cell Phone in Europe
- 16 Transportation from Madrid Airport to Opera station
- 17 Italy
- 18 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 19 Travel From Copenhagen-late October
- 20 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- 21 German Train travel
- 22 My Italy 15 x Day Itenerary- Tips and advice Please!
- 23 Day tour in Kilkenny
- 24 Westin Palace Hotel in Madrid
- 25 Switzerland/Italy Advice
The best way to get from Berlin to Rome that won't cost an arm and a leg...