My family will be flying out to Berlin to visit family, and we'd like to take a trip to Rome, as well, from Berlin. I'm assuming the train is going to be the best way to do this (not the fastest, but I can't afford an additional $750 fuel surcharge on top of airfare for the four of us), so can someone tell me how to set up a train trip to do this?
I'm hoping to take a night train for the first leg. When I go on the train sites, it really is confusing. Does anyone have any suggestions or a way to decode this type of trip?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 2 Trans-Siberia Train
- 3 Travel from Germany to Switzerland
- 4 A week driving in Bavaria
- 5 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 6 7 day Italy itinerary and storing luggage in train station
- 7 PLITVICE LAKES
- 8 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 9 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 10 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 11 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 12 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 13 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 14 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 15 Parma hotels - Pacchiosi or Rosa Prati
- 16 written guide for Olympia
- 17 Update on buying SIM Card at FCO
- 18 Naxos hotel question
- 19 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 20 Avignon or St. remy
- 21 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 22 Spain / Barcelona, Seville & Toledo - May 2017
- 23 Camino Redux
- 24 Best stop between Split and Dubrovnik?
- 25 Swiss Flex pass and half fare pass
The best way to get from Berlin to Rome that won't cost an arm and a leg...