My family will be flying out to Berlin to visit family, and we'd like to take a trip to Rome, as well, from Berlin. I'm assuming the train is going to be the best way to do this (not the fastest, but I can't afford an additional $750 fuel surcharge on top of airfare for the four of us), so can someone tell me how to set up a train trip to do this?
I'm hoping to take a night train for the first leg. When I go on the train sites, it really is confusing. Does anyone have any suggestions or a way to decode this type of trip?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 journal articles and on CNN. It was as soon
- 2 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 3 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 4 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 5 Sleeping Beauty's Castle
- 6 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 7 Amalfi or Positano
- 8 Croatia travel ideas
- 9 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 10 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 11 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 12 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 13 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 14 Public Transport information App/Website
- 15 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 16 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 17 Kids Travel Guides for Reading up!
- 18 church / cathedral (organ/classic music) concerts in Granada/Seville ?
- 19 12 Days in Italy
- 20 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 21 Romantic snowy mountain getaway to propose to my girlfriend
- 22 house exchange
- 23 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 24 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 25 Poland in September
The best way to get from Berlin to Rome that won't cost an arm and a leg...