My family will be flying out to Berlin to visit family, and we'd like to take a trip to Rome, as well, from Berlin. I'm assuming the train is going to be the best way to do this (not the fastest, but I can't afford an additional $750 fuel surcharge on top of airfare for the four of us), so can someone tell me how to set up a train trip to do this?
I'm hoping to take a night train for the first leg. When I go on the train sites, it really is confusing. Does anyone have any suggestions or a way to decode this type of trip?
The best way to get from Berlin to Rome that won't cost an arm and a leg...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 2 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 3 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 4 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 5 Crete/Santorini OR Positano/Capri - where to visit?
- 6 London visit
- 7 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 8 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 9 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 10 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 11 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 12 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 13 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 14 No points in Paris .....
- 15 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 16 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 17 Pompeii train to Naples
- 18 Small group for Colosseum
- 19 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 20 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 21 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 22 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 23 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma
- 24 Vantage Deluxe World Travel - Russia
- 25 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?