My family will be flying out to Berlin to visit family, and we'd like to take a trip to Rome, as well, from Berlin. I'm assuming the train is going to be the best way to do this (not the fastest, but I can't afford an additional $750 fuel surcharge on top of airfare for the four of us), so can someone tell me how to set up a train trip to do this?
I'm hoping to take a night train for the first leg. When I go on the train sites, it really is confusing. Does anyone have any suggestions or a way to decode this type of trip?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks Europe trip
- 2 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 3 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 4 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 5 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 6 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 7 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 8 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 9 Itinerary Help Needed. 8 Days in Greece~
- 10 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 11 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 12 Can i camp anywhere in Iceland?
- 13 Car rental in Paris for travel to Bayeux
- 14 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 15 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 16 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 17 Cordoba Overnight?
- 18 Any good apps for Amsterdam?
- 19 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 20 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 21 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 22 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 23 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 24 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 25 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
The best way to get from Berlin to Rome that won't cost an arm and a leg...