My family will be flying out to Berlin to visit family, and we'd like to take a trip to Rome, as well, from Berlin. I'm assuming the train is going to be the best way to do this (not the fastest, but I can't afford an additional $750 fuel surcharge on top of airfare for the four of us), so can someone tell me how to set up a train trip to do this?
I'm hoping to take a night train for the first leg. When I go on the train sites, it really is confusing. Does anyone have any suggestions or a way to decode this type of trip?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 2 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 3 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 4 A very late conclusion to Solo Christmas/December trip - Paris
- 5 Our European adventures
- 6 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 7 Crete (and Santorini ) Trip Report
- 8 Scotland November 2015
- 9 1 day trip from Nice
- 10 Norway holiday locations
- 11 Norway holiday locations
- 12 NORMANDY TRIPS (+ Madrid)
- 13 Iphone Charger in a Car in Europe?
- 14 Help with itinerary
- 15 Banks Mansion Amsterdam hotel
- 16 Planning Advice!
- 17 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 18 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 19 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 20 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 21 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 22 Spring Spain Itinerary
- 23 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 24 Bellagio Accomodations in October
- 25 20 free days of Europe
The best way to get from Berlin to Rome that won't cost an arm and a leg...