My family will be flying out to Berlin to visit family, and we'd like to take a trip to Rome, as well, from Berlin. I'm assuming the train is going to be the best way to do this (not the fastest, but I can't afford an additional $750 fuel surcharge on top of airfare for the four of us), so can someone tell me how to set up a train trip to do this?
I'm hoping to take a night train for the first leg. When I go on the train sites, it really is confusing. Does anyone have any suggestions or a way to decode this type of trip?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 2 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 3 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 4 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 5 Am i too dark to visit russia? Picture
- 6 "Never Mind"
- 7 Prague - ATMs and Cash
- 8 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 9 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 10 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 11 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 12 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 13 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 14 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 15 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 16 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 17 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 18 First time in Bulgaria
- 19 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 20 Italian lakes
- 21 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 22 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 23 Is the Amalfi Coast kid friendly enough
- 24 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Rouen?
- 25 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
The best way to get from Berlin to Rome that won't cost an arm and a leg...