My family will be flying out to Berlin to visit family, and we'd like to take a trip to Rome, as well, from Berlin. I'm assuming the train is going to be the best way to do this (not the fastest, but I can't afford an additional $750 fuel surcharge on top of airfare for the four of us), so can someone tell me how to set up a train trip to do this?
I'm hoping to take a night train for the first leg. When I go on the train sites, it really is confusing. Does anyone have any suggestions or a way to decode this type of trip?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 2 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 3 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 4 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 5 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 6 My first trip to Crete
- 7 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 8 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 9 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 10 First Trip to Italy- Help!
- 11 Airport Transportation
- 12 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 13 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 14 No PNR code on Trenitalia online ticket?
- 15 London is it worth it?
- 16 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 17 London and Normandy
- 18 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 19 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 20 Transfer from Naples Airport to Positano
- 21 free international phone calls
- 22 France Study Abroad
- 23 Lisbon
- 24 Ger’s Paris Trip Report: February 2017
- 25 Storing bags while traveling using Swiss Rail Pass.
The best way to get from Berlin to Rome that won't cost an arm and a leg...