My family will be flying out to Berlin to visit family, and we'd like to take a trip to Rome, as well, from Berlin. I'm assuming the train is going to be the best way to do this (not the fastest, but I can't afford an additional $750 fuel surcharge on top of airfare for the four of us), so can someone tell me how to set up a train trip to do this?
I'm hoping to take a night train for the first leg. When I go on the train sites, it really is confusing. Does anyone have any suggestions or a way to decode this type of trip?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving through the Pyrenees
- 2 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 3 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 4 Italy by car
- 5 Going to Denmark, Norway – what is there to see?
- 6 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's
- 7 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 8 Lyon
- 9 Dolomites October 14-18
- 10 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 11 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 12 Traveling into Frankfurt and catching a flight to London
- 13 Le Marche, Italy
- 14 Driving from Tuscany to Positano - recos needed!
- 15 Two Weeks in Normandy/Paris
- 16 Road Trip - Genoa, Italy to Bordeaux, France
- 17 sim card
- 18 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 19 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 20 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
- 21 Is Venice overrated?
- 22 San Sebastian to Cadaques
- 23 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 24 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 25 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
The best way to get from Berlin to Rome that won't cost an arm and a leg...