The Best of Serbia list
buy 29dinar bus tickets from trafikas, or shops to save
visit kalemegdan fortress before walk down to Skadarlija
Ada Ciganlija beach
Torlak hill (view)?
Avala hill (take weekend bus 400 for view?)
Zemun view of Belgrade
grilled chicken wrapped in bacon and stuffed with cheese
Sarma, Gibanica, Punjene paprika sa sirom, pohovani plavi patlidžan, Mešano meso, pljeskavica keimak,ajvar
Pasulj, Roštilj, proja (cornbread), sir (cheese) and kajmak,
Rakija plum brandy, Loza
suva pita sa orasima,orasnice
Are any of these places good?
Stepin Vajat and Duff at Autokomanda,
Loki in downtown area
Bajlonova Pijaca market
PINK - Solunskih boraca, Zarkovo, and Iva too
Udruzenje Svetskih Putnika (Club of World Travellers), at 29 Novembra, 7
Starogradska music in Kafana's
Floating club on Sava
MORE OF SERBIA TO COME...
CRITERIA for LIST:
-memorable/dramatic scenery & landscape photography. Where to find the best (viewpoints, vistas, city views, panoramas, skylines, sunsets, etc..)?
-the unique outdoors, hikes/hilltops/lookouts, and amazing views.
-lovely/charming streets, cute villages, and magnificent/attractive architecture
-authentic/unforgettable "local" travel experiences (i.e. non-typical, interesting/special experiences (full of original character), and unique only to the local area).
-the best freebies (museums, galleries excluded)
-specialty/unique regional cuisine/gastronomy (or the BEST places to eat (w/ local's prices, food made with love/regional favorites, and not too many tourists eating there)),
-anything else off-the beaten path.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 2 Where to find high quality art and crafts in Italy?
- 3 Rail Travel: Eurail Pass or Train Tickets
- 4 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 5 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 6 Stonehenge and Bath
- 7 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 8 train from ravenna to parma
- 9 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 10 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 11 Puglia
- 12 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 13 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 14 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 15 Ireland driving itinerary
- 16 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 17 Manchester on derby weekend
- 18 Italy - 19 days - 6 locations - Family of 4
- 19 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 20 Day trips from Uzes
- 21 Greece Experts
- 22 My First Trip to Europe...
- 23 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 24 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 25 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
The Best of Serbia list