The Best of Albania
I am both looking for, and providing information about Albania. Please read the growing list of the best of Albania (compiled through personal research done on the internet). Please add, or edit items to list as you see fit. If you live in Albania, or consider yourself an expert on the country then please contribute your tips, hints, and favourites based on the criteria listed below. Once complete, this list should help visitors find exactly "the very best in Albania".
PLEASE only respond to this thread if you're interested in helping to edit or contribute items to the list. Thank you.
CRITERIA for LIST:
-memorable/dramatic scenery & landscape photography. Where to find the best (viewpoints, vistas, city views, panoramas, skylines, sunsets, etc..)?
-the unique outdoors, hikes/hilltops/lookouts, and amazing views?
-lovely/charming streets, cute villages, and magnificent/attractive architecture?
-authentic/unforgettable "local" travel experiences (i.e. non-typical, interesting/special experiences (full of original character), and unique only to the local area).
-the best freebies (museums, galleries excluded)
-specialty/unique regional cuisine/gastronomy (or the BEST places to eat (w/ local's prices, food made with love/regional favorites, and not too many tourists eating there)),
-anything else off-the beaten path.
Puke, what to see around?
Tirana, Mt diajte view , Et`hem Bey mosque, What is Tanner's bridge? , Qasmil Ismail street?, What to see on a Kruja daytrip
Durres, amphiteathre, ahmed zog palace worth the visit?
Gjorokster, old city, hike to castle, Antigonea illyrian town, Labove orthodox church
Korce, cathedral, moravia, mt. torrimori, Berat town (try fig jam)
Saranda, Dhermi beach, Ksamil village, Gjiri i Palermos beach
Elbasem/Gramsh, what to do?
Pogradec, beach at Tushemisht, view from hill at Lin, eat Koran fish
Cuisine: Boza drink,Dukagjin drink,Hardic drink, Kabuni,Kungull Me Kos,Lakruar,Tarator soup:
and any more?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 2 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 3 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 4 Booking hotels before trains
- 5 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 6 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 7 Visiting Spain in January
- 8 Italy/Greece with kids
- 9 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 10 Puglia or La Langhe
- 11 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 12 Do Not Rent from SIXT car rentals
- 13 Paris---baguette question???
- 14 Munich
- 15 English Countryside
- 16 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 17 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 18 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 19 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 20 Need help in travel planning
- 21 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 22 French immersion courses in France
- 23 "Around Provence" - My Watercolors on Flickr
- 24 Vienna or Budapest?
- 25 Train Travel Berlin, Prague, Krakow
The Best of Albania