The Best of Albania
I am both looking for, and providing information about Albania. Please read the growing list of the best of Albania (compiled through personal research done on the internet). Please add, or edit items to list as you see fit. If you live in Albania, or consider yourself an expert on the country then please contribute your tips, hints, and favourites based on the criteria listed below. Once complete, this list should help visitors find exactly "the very best in Albania".
PLEASE only respond to this thread if you're interested in helping to edit or contribute items to the list. Thank you.
CRITERIA for LIST:
-memorable/dramatic scenery & landscape photography. Where to find the best (viewpoints, vistas, city views, panoramas, skylines, sunsets, etc..)?
-the unique outdoors, hikes/hilltops/lookouts, and amazing views?
-lovely/charming streets, cute villages, and magnificent/attractive architecture?
-authentic/unforgettable "local" travel experiences (i.e. non-typical, interesting/special experiences (full of original character), and unique only to the local area).
-the best freebies (museums, galleries excluded)
-specialty/unique regional cuisine/gastronomy (or the BEST places to eat (w/ local's prices, food made with love/regional favorites, and not too many tourists eating there)),
-anything else off-the beaten path.
Puke, what to see around?
Tirana, Mt diajte view , Et`hem Bey mosque, What is Tanner's bridge? , Qasmil Ismail street?, What to see on a Kruja daytrip
Durres, amphiteathre, ahmed zog palace worth the visit?
Gjorokster, old city, hike to castle, Antigonea illyrian town, Labove orthodox church
Korce, cathedral, moravia, mt. torrimori, Berat town (try fig jam)
Saranda, Dhermi beach, Ksamil village, Gjiri i Palermos beach
Elbasem/Gramsh, what to do?
Pogradec, beach at Tushemisht, view from hill at Lin, eat Koran fish
Cuisine: Boza drink,Dukagjin drink,Hardic drink, Kabuni,Kungull Me Kos,Lakruar,Tarator soup:
and any more?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 tickets for Wimbledon
- 2 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 3 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 4 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 5 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 6 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 7 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 8 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 9 Italy in January?
- 10 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 11 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 12 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 13 Berlin to ?
- 14 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 15 Renting a car in Greece
- 16 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 17 Piedmont question
- 18 Insurance on rental car options
- 19 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 20 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 21 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 22 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 23 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 24 9 days UK itinerary help!
- 25 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
The Best of Albania