Good morning everyone,
As some of you are aware, I am in the planning stages of taking my two kids to London next summer. I had ruled out a day trip to Paris due to 1. lack of funds and 2. lack of time and endurance (mine and the kids') Over the weekend, my mom found out about the trip and her grandson's desire to go on to Paris and has offered to help make a night in Paris possible.
I have reservations made already for a flat in London for a Wed.-Wed. week. What would be the best/cheapest way to work a two day/one night extension in Paris? I have been reading on this forum about open-jaw flights. Are they less/more expensive than round-trip flights?
If we checked out of the flat early Wednesday morning and took an early Eurostar train to Paris, is it possible to check your bags at your Paris hotel in order to spend the rest of day Wednesday sightseeing? Then, on Thursday could you get in a bit more before going to the airport to fly home to the US? How much time do you need to allot to go to Charles De Gaulle airport to prepare for the trip home? I guess what I am trying to say is would Thursday be a total wash as a travel day?
Finally, and this is the most important thought I have, would this additional trip be hard to do(logistically)for a single mom and two kids who aren't well-versed in traveling? Would the one night stay in Paris be worthwhile? I look forward to hearing from all of you. Thanks so much for your help!
Thanks to Grandma-Now Paris is a possibility-need help
Good morning everyone,
- 1 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary
- 2 How to get from Nice to Cinque Terre by train
- 3 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 4 portugal
- 5 Italy-Locarno or Stresa
- 6 London on a sunny day
- 7 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 8 Train tickets
- 9 Sardinia, Italy
- 10 Odessa--7 km bazaar
- 11 Anyone heard of or used a hotel booking site called Olotels?
- 12 Carpe Diem Flights Booked! Need help w final itinerary France/Switzerland
- 13 Navigo Decouverte
- 14 Student Traveling 2 weeks in France, Italy etc
- 15 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 16 Cell Phone for Italy travel
- 17 Advice Sought for Train Schedule in Spain
- 18 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 19 Ibiza to Valencia- travel tip request
- 20 Has anyone rented an apartment in Venice for 2-4 weeks?
- 21 Medieval castles dinner from Galway
- 22 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 23 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 24 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 25 A chacun son goût