I just wanted to say thank you for your Lisbon walk and restaurant suggestions. We've used you as pretty much our entire guidebook and we've had a wonderful time! We went to O Mercado and Tasquinha d'Adelaide, both of which I believe you recommended, I bought gifts of gloves for my sisters at Ulisses (so incredibly tiny!), we took the tram everywhere, and did most of your walk in two days because we stopped so many places.
One thing I can recommend to you because I don't think it existed when you were here. When you walk towards the two-level lookout and on the same side of the street, there's a small shop that sells Indian silks and clothing and it's called Look N or something like that. At first glance, it seems like a tiny two-room shop but if you wander through the warren of little rooms you eventually come out at a beautiful terrace overlooking the rooftops of Lisbon. The terrace is dotted with colourful umbrellas made of mirrored indian fabric, there's a lovely fountain, cool drinks and a beautiful view. Next time you're in Lisbon, seek it out.
Thank you again for your wonderful suggestions. If you read my living in London thread, you'll find more of what we've done here in Lisbon.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona alternative
- 2 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 3 Desperate! photo SD card says "not Formatted" is all lost!?
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Driving through Paris
- 6 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 Italy Car Scam
- 9 Road trip with our dog
- 10 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 11 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 12 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 13 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 14 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 15 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 16 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 17 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 18 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 19 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 20 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 21 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 22 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 23 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 24 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 25 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia