I just wanted to say thank you for your Lisbon walk and restaurant suggestions. We've used you as pretty much our entire guidebook and we've had a wonderful time! We went to O Mercado and Tasquinha d'Adelaide, both of which I believe you recommended, I bought gifts of gloves for my sisters at Ulisses (so incredibly tiny!), we took the tram everywhere, and did most of your walk in two days because we stopped so many places.
One thing I can recommend to you because I don't think it existed when you were here. When you walk towards the two-level lookout and on the same side of the street, there's a small shop that sells Indian silks and clothing and it's called Look N or something like that. At first glance, it seems like a tiny two-room shop but if you wander through the warren of little rooms you eventually come out at a beautiful terrace overlooking the rooftops of Lisbon. The terrace is dotted with colourful umbrellas made of mirrored indian fabric, there's a lovely fountain, cool drinks and a beautiful view. Next time you're in Lisbon, seek it out.
Thank you again for your wonderful suggestions. If you read my living in London thread, you'll find more of what we've done here in Lisbon.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 2 How do you buy a Camper Van in Europe? Help ME!
- 3 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 4 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 5 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 6 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 7 Short Trip in July
- 8 Things to do in Brussels
- 9 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 10 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 11 Greek Islands (small)
- 12 Campervan in Croatia
- 13 K-Day
- 14 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 15 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 16 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 17 UK Visa Help
- 18 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 19 Spain in December
- 20 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 21 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 22 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 23 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 24 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 25 Cell Phone Question