I just wanted to say thank you for your Lisbon walk and restaurant suggestions. We've used you as pretty much our entire guidebook and we've had a wonderful time! We went to O Mercado and Tasquinha d'Adelaide, both of which I believe you recommended, I bought gifts of gloves for my sisters at Ulisses (so incredibly tiny!), we took the tram everywhere, and did most of your walk in two days because we stopped so many places.
One thing I can recommend to you because I don't think it existed when you were here. When you walk towards the two-level lookout and on the same side of the street, there's a small shop that sells Indian silks and clothing and it's called Look N or something like that. At first glance, it seems like a tiny two-room shop but if you wander through the warren of little rooms you eventually come out at a beautiful terrace overlooking the rooftops of Lisbon. The terrace is dotted with colourful umbrellas made of mirrored indian fabric, there's a lovely fountain, cool drinks and a beautiful view. Next time you're in Lisbon, seek it out.
Thank you again for your wonderful suggestions. If you read my living in London thread, you'll find more of what we've done here in Lisbon.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 2 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 3 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 4 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 5 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 6 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 7 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 8 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 9 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 10 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 11 Help: Looking for Streetwise Venice folding map
- 12 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 13 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 15 Switzerland in September
- 16 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 17 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 18 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 19 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 20 Lyon france-- rental car
- 21 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 22 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 23 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 24 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 25 Greece mainland and islands