Thanks so much for recommending DenRus Tours. We had no problem at all getting off our ship to join our tour. Breezed right through Russian immigrations with no line at all. Our driver, Slava, was waiting right there for us. An extra bonus...we were the only two on this tour! A private tour! Our guide, Ludwilla, spoke perfect English, and had no problem with our Texas accent. We saw the most beautiful sites. Another perk, we did not stand in line for anything-not even at the Hermitage. She walked right to the front of the line at all the sites. We had lunch at the Summer Palace Restaurant which was beautiful and included with the price of our tour. The tours that were offered by the cruise line usually had about 40-50 persons. We were so lucky! Thanks again for this information. It was an unforgettable day. Almost forgot...when we arrived in the afternoon at the Church of our Savior on Spilled Blood, there was a huge protest going there. My son was thrilled! Hundreds of police officers, many in riot gear. Against our guides advice, he went right in the middle and snapped pictures. i think this was the highlight of his day.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 2 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 3 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 4 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 5 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 6 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 7 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 8 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 9 Car rental companies - why so many negative reviews?
- 10 Iceland rental camper company
- 11 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 12 southeast sicily town as home base
- 13 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 14 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 15 Chania
- 16 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 17 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 18 Theoxenia on Santorini
- 19 Spanish food - not that special?
- 20 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 21 Rome travel book, Nice extra
- 22 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 23 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 24 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 25 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!