Thanks so much for recommending DenRus Tours. We had no problem at all getting off our ship to join our tour. Breezed right through Russian immigrations with no line at all. Our driver, Slava, was waiting right there for us. An extra bonus...we were the only two on this tour! A private tour! Our guide, Ludwilla, spoke perfect English, and had no problem with our Texas accent. We saw the most beautiful sites. Another perk, we did not stand in line for anything-not even at the Hermitage. She walked right to the front of the line at all the sites. We had lunch at the Summer Palace Restaurant which was beautiful and included with the price of our tour. The tours that were offered by the cruise line usually had about 40-50 persons. We were so lucky! Thanks again for this information. It was an unforgettable day. Almost forgot...when we arrived in the afternoon at the Church of our Savior on Spilled Blood, there was a huge protest going there. My son was thrilled! Hundreds of police officers, many in riot gear. Against our guides advice, he went right in the middle and snapped pictures. i think this was the highlight of his day.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 2 Norwegian Air?
- 3 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 4 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 5 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 6 Highclare Castle
- 7 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 8 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 9 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 10 Salzburg itinerary review
- 11 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 12 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 13 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 14 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 15 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 16 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 17 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 18 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 19 Spain: train/rental car help
- 20 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 21 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 22 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 23 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 24 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 25 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017