Thanks so much for recommending DenRus Tours. We had no problem at all getting off our ship to join our tour. Breezed right through Russian immigrations with no line at all. Our driver, Slava, was waiting right there for us. An extra bonus...we were the only two on this tour! A private tour! Our guide, Ludwilla, spoke perfect English, and had no problem with our Texas accent. We saw the most beautiful sites. Another perk, we did not stand in line for anything-not even at the Hermitage. She walked right to the front of the line at all the sites. We had lunch at the Summer Palace Restaurant which was beautiful and included with the price of our tour. The tours that were offered by the cruise line usually had about 40-50 persons. We were so lucky! Thanks again for this information. It was an unforgettable day. Almost forgot...when we arrived in the afternoon at the Church of our Savior on Spilled Blood, there was a huge protest going there. My son was thrilled! Hundreds of police officers, many in riot gear. Against our guides advice, he went right in the middle and snapped pictures. i think this was the highlight of his day.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 3 Interesting places to visit
- 4 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station
- 5 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 6 Germany train help!
- 7 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 8 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 9 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 10 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 11 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 12 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 13 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 14 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 15 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 16 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 17 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 18 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 19 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 20 Another tipping question: concierges
- 21 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 22 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 23 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 24 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 25 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay