A quick THANK YOU to all FODORITES who have helped make our trip wonderful to Austria. We had a great time. Arrived in Vienna. Took the train from the airport to the city - had a little problem buying the ticket from the machine but were able to get through. Day 1 & 3 spent in Vienna first district, Schonbrunn & Prater ( very hectic but enjoyable) and Day 2 devoted to Melk trip. Then moved to Zell Am See. What a beautiful place. WOW is the word. Did the Kitzsteinhorn Glacier, Salzburg and Ice Caves on each day. Then moved to Garmisch and covered Innsbruck, Linderhof, Partnachklam and finally to Munich. This time we did the Dachau camp which was a very moving experience and the next day we did Nymphenburg Palace. Great porcelain collection and the carriage museum was far bigger than the one at Schonbrunn.
Thanks once again to MOLKER, PALENQ, EASYTRAVELER, J62, SWANDAV2000, LOGOS999, RUSS, COWBOY1968, SINGFREE, LAVANDULA, DUKEY1, AISLESEAT for your guidance. Much appreciate it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 2 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 3 Petrol in Greece
- 4 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 5 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 6 We're here!
- 7 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 8 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 9 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 10 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 11 Another tipping question: concierges
- 12 6-7 Days in France
- 13 International Flight Question
- 14 5 Days in Switzerland
- 15 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 16 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 17 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 18 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 19 Bremerhaven and environs
- 20 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 21 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 22 Spain in July
- 23 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 24 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 25 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on