A quick THANK YOU to all FODORITES who have helped make our trip wonderful to Austria. We had a great time. Arrived in Vienna. Took the train from the airport to the city - had a little problem buying the ticket from the machine but were able to get through. Day 1 & 3 spent in Vienna first district, Schonbrunn & Prater ( very hectic but enjoyable) and Day 2 devoted to Melk trip. Then moved to Zell Am See. What a beautiful place. WOW is the word. Did the Kitzsteinhorn Glacier, Salzburg and Ice Caves on each day. Then moved to Garmisch and covered Innsbruck, Linderhof, Partnachklam and finally to Munich. This time we did the Dachau camp which was a very moving experience and the next day we did Nymphenburg Palace. Great porcelain collection and the carriage museum was far bigger than the one at Schonbrunn.
Thanks once again to MOLKER, PALENQ, EASYTRAVELER, J62, SWANDAV2000, LOGOS999, RUSS, COWBOY1968, SINGFREE, LAVANDULA, DUKEY1, AISLESEAT for your guidance. Much appreciate it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 2 Santorini lodging
- 3 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 Barcelona
- 6 Spain and South of France
- 7 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 8 Overnight at Heathrow
- 9 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 10 France, UK and Ireland
- 11 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 12 Ronda Wine/biking
- 13 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 14 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 15 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 16 Andalucia itinerary help
- 17 Germany family road trip help!
- 18 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 19 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 20 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 21 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 22 Prague
- 23 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 24 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 25 9 days in London