A quick THANK YOU to all FODORITES who have helped make our trip wonderful to Austria. We had a great time. Arrived in Vienna. Took the train from the airport to the city - had a little problem buying the ticket from the machine but were able to get through. Day 1 & 3 spent in Vienna first district, Schonbrunn & Prater ( very hectic but enjoyable) and Day 2 devoted to Melk trip. Then moved to Zell Am See. What a beautiful place. WOW is the word. Did the Kitzsteinhorn Glacier, Salzburg and Ice Caves on each day. Then moved to Garmisch and covered Innsbruck, Linderhof, Partnachklam and finally to Munich. This time we did the Dachau camp which was a very moving experience and the next day we did Nymphenburg Palace. Great porcelain collection and the carriage museum was far bigger than the one at Schonbrunn.
Thanks once again to MOLKER, PALENQ, EASYTRAVELER, J62, SWANDAV2000, LOGOS999, RUSS, COWBOY1968, SINGFREE, LAVANDULA, DUKEY1, AISLESEAT for your guidance. Much appreciate it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 2 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 3 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 4 retruning to US with souveniers
- 5 returning with souveniers from Europe
- 6 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 7 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 8 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 9 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 10 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 11 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 12 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 13 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 14 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 15 Help on ancient history route
- 16 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 17 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 18 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 19 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 20 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 21 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 22 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 23 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 24 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 25 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area